Is it Wrong to Put Faith in Humanity?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: Is it Wrong to Put Faith in Humanity?

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:01 pm
Age wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:57 pm
Atla wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:42 pm

What two names? Atla = atla
Are you here suggesting that outside of this forum you do not have another name?

Or, do you really go about life here, in this forum, and outside of this forum with just the one name "atla"?
Now you're mixing apples with airplanes.
See how 'this one' is absolutely totally incapable of just answering and clarifying here?

The fear in this one of being shown to be Wrong here is completely and utterly debilitating for this one.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:13 pm
Age wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:50 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:24 pm

It sounds like perhaps you are even more privileged than I am. I say this because most humans in the world MUST worry about their jobs and money.
The absolutely Truly distorted, False, and Wrong beliefs that these adult human beings had, back then, were so blatantly obvious, yet they could not see them for what they Truly were.
Do you have beliefs, Age?
Yes, just one. I have explained this a few times already.

I have chosen to neither believe nor disbelieve anything, except for just one thing.
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:13 pm And if so, are they True while ours are "false", "distorted" and "wrong"?
But your beliefs which are not false, distorted, nor wrong are not false, distorted, nor wrong. Only your beliefs which are false, wrong, or distorted are false, wrong, or distorted. Were you under some sort of presumption that absolutely none of your beliefs were false, wrong, nor distorted?

Also, the one belief that I have has absolutely nothing at all to do with the beliefs that you are referring to here.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:21 pm Has anyone ever told you that you sound conceited, Age?
Not that I recall.

By the way I do not even know what the word 'conceited' means, nor refers to, exactly?

Will you inform me?
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:21 pm It's not a terrible thing, just something that can be annoying to some of us at times.
Ah okay.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:22 pm
Atla wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:59 pm
Age wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:56 pm

People also know that you not clarifying something does not mean that you can.

See, it is far more likely that you cannot clarify something, especially when specifically asked to, than the other way around. And, many, many people know this. But you appear to have not yet come to know this.

Okay, so to "atla" I do not know 'people', at all.
Except you're dumb as a rock and don't realize that people are far more likely to not clarify things to you specifically, but generally they are more likely to do it.
But I have been the first one to point out and show, literally, through your own words here just how you do not clarify things, to me, specifically.

your words have been proving this irrefutably True here "atla".
You are you, not other people.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:24 pm
Age wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:57 pm

Are you here suggesting that outside of this forum you do not have another name?

Or, do you really go about life here, in this forum, and outside of this forum with just the one name "atla"?
See how 'this one' is absolutely totally incapable of just answering and clarifying here?

The fear in this one of being shown to be Wrong here is completely and utterly debilitating for this one.
If you think you are doing anything other than making a fool out of yourself (again), you're mistaken.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:29 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:21 pm Has anyone ever told you that you sound conceited, Age?
Not that I recall.

By the way I do not even know what the word 'conceited' means, nor refers to, exactly?

Will you inform me?
Conceited generally is something said of someone who holds themselves as better than or above everyone else. Sometimes, a person who is detached from everyone and in his own world can sound conceited if they talk to themselves about others who are in their presence. Also a person can sound conceited to others if the others they are talking to have low self-esteem for whatever reason. Or perhaps you are conceited and we truly are "false" and "wrong" whereas you know "Thee Truth" but we are too petulant to admit that we are wrong and you are right.

However, "conceited" generally carries a negative interpretation, like "arrogance".
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:21 pm Has anyone ever told you that you sound conceited, Age? It's not a terrible thing, just something that can be annoying to some of us at times.
I've described him as presenting himself as superior and condescending quite few times. Belinda called him arrogant. I'm sure he's gotten similar labels from other people.

And Age has used the word himself, a few times....
By the way, ASSUMING that because one is, SUPPOSEDLY, "ignorant" of A LANGUAGE, then this MEANS that what that one SAYS or WRITES is then likely to be WRONG, is a PRIME EXAMPLE of 'egocentricity', 'superiority complex', and of one who is Truly 'conceited'.
Either this is because you are just way to impatient and do NOT read ALL of what I write, or you really are TRYING TO be extremely deceitful for some conceited outcome, or for some other reason.
And yet here he is asking you for clarification.

Age is like a mind virus. It wants to turn people back on themselves. To question everything they say, all the time. Age is self-doubt in chatbot form. Age is the onus giver.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Iwannaplato wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:05 pm Age is like a mind virus. It wants to turn people back on themselves. To question everything they say, all the time. Age is self-doubt in chatbot form. Age is the onus giver.
In some senses, I think we're all "mind viruses". We spread our "intellectual" or "brain DNA" through language. Not all viruses may be malicious, though. I've heard it said that some human traits that we now possess might have been put into us via viral infections. In any case, I perhaps get on Age's nerves as much as he does me. At least I hope it isn't a one-way street and he only annoys me. I kind of feel bad about being annoyed by him if he isn't annoyed by me.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Iwannaplato wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:05 pm I've described him as presenting himself as superior and condescending quite few times. Belinda called him arrogant. I'm sure he's gotten similar labels from other people.
BTW, I wonder where Belinda is these days. She used to make very compelling arguments and food for thought, at least I thought so.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Atla wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:24 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:09 pm
Atla wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:06 pm
I think he's a she and not a bot. But also way, way outside what is possible for a 'normal' human psychology. That's why I study her, luckily I'm fairly immune to such things. Second craziest thing I've ever studied, quite interesting..
Why would you think it's a 'she'? Good luck with 'studying' him/her. You will burn out from exhaustion in no time (unless you are a bot too).
I'm only doing it in small doses, and even that only when I'm otherwise bored. I'm not taking it seriously.

Well I still think that autistic women can come across as men online. But autistic men don't tend to whine and bitch all day every day about others not understanding them, misunderstanding them, autistic men tend to whine about more abstract things. But I've seen this from autistic women both IRL and online.

And, well, Age seems to be emotional all over the place.

But of course autism is just one thing, Age also seems to have a God complex with a split personality, and a fractured mind, and maybe mild schizophrenia, and a not fully developed theory of mind, and deficits in empathy, and is maybe on psychiatric drugs. Sometimes I wonder if she ever even goes outside to see the outside world.

Anyway she thinks she's God and the messenger of God all in one.
Wow. You seem to know a lot of 'autistic' people. Takes one to know one I suppose. Have fun when you are 'bored'. You are both as bad and boring as each other.
Atla

Post by Atla »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:10 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:09 pm

Why would you think it's a 'she'? Good luck with 'studying' him/her. You will burn out from exhaustion in no time (unless you are a bot too).
I'm only doing it in small doses, and even that only when I'm otherwise bored. I'm not taking it seriously.

Well I still think that autistic women can come across as men online. But autistic men don't tend to whine and bitch all day every day about others not understanding them, misunderstanding them, autistic men tend to whine about more abstract things. But I've seen this from autistic women both IRL and online.

But of course autism is just one thing, Age also seems to have a God complex with a split personality, and a fractured mind, and maybe mild schizophrenia, and a not fully developed theory of mind, and deficits in empathy, and is maybe on psychiatric drugs. Sometimes I wonder if she ever even goes outside to see the outside world.

Wow. You seem to know a lot of 'autistic' people. Takes one to know one I suppose. Have fun when you are 'bored'. You are both as bad and boring as each other.
I've probably met and known as many as you have. I'm just somewhat perceptive psychologically, beats being a clueless hysterical wretch such as you.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Atla wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:03 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:10 pm

I've probably met and known as many as you have. I'm just somewhat perceptive psychologically, beats being a clueless hysterical wretch such as you.
'perceptive psychologically'. Oh ok. If you say so :lol:

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:35 pm
Age wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:22 pm
Atla wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:59 pm
Except you're dumb as a rock and don't realize that people are far more likely to not clarify things to you specifically, but generally they are more likely to do it.
But I have been the first one to point out and show, literally, through your own words here just how you do not clarify things, to me, specifically.

your words have been proving this irrefutably True here "atla".
You are you, not other people.
Thank you for pointing this out, to me.

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:36 pm
Age wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:24 pm

If you think you are doing anything other than making a fool out of yourself (again), you're mistaken.
Okay. If this is what you believe is true, then this must be true.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:46 pm
Age wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:29 pm
Not that I recall.

Will you inform me?
Conceited generally is something said of someone who holds themselves as better than or above everyone else. Sometimes, a person who is detached from everyone and in his own world can sound conceited if they talk to themselves about others who are in their presence. Also a person can sound conceited to others if the others they are talking to have low self-esteem for whatever reason. Or perhaps you are conceited and we truly are "false" and "wrong" whereas you know "Thee Truth" but we are too petulant to admit that we are wrong and you are right.

However, "conceited" generally carries a negative interpretation, like "arrogance".
Yet you also claimed that It is not a terrible thing, just something that can be annoying to some of us at times, correct?