Sex and gender

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Sex and gender

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Harbal wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:03 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:37 pm
Harbal wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:12 pm if you want to say that only women should be allowed to use women only facilities, and participate in women only sport, then I totally agree, but other than things like that, what does it matter?
Then you should be arguing with the clay-headed misogynistic sourpuss instead of sucking up to him.
Maybe I would if his identity weren't such a closely guarded secret.
It seems to me that you don't know enough about this to be even commenting.
If I only commented on things I knew about, there would be no point in my being here. Mmm. 🤔
If you don't think men should be in women's facilities and sport then that's about the some total of the women's rights position.
But you give the impression that your objection to men calling themselves women goes beyond that.
Apart from it being incredibly offensive, then there's nothing I can do about men and their pathetic fetishes.
On the other hand, the implications of MEN being LEGALLY allowed to change their birth certificate and for all intents and purposes to become a WOMAN in the eyes of the law has enormous implications for women and women's sex-based rights.
We have the absurdities of rapes being reported as being committed by women (with their huge female penises). 'Female' paedophiles are suddenly cropping up everywhere. Why shouldn't these 'women' be put in women's prisons? I mean, they ARE women, after all.
There have been several cases of MEN going missing (or being sought by the police) with the police reporting that they would like to hear from anyone who knows the whereabouts of this 'woman'.

The world has become a paedophile's paradise, better than it could have been in their wildest dreams. If I were a man I would be VERY careful about which side I was seen to be arguing on. Just saying.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:16 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:37 pm

Then you should be arguing with the clay-headed misogynistic sourpuss instead of sucking up to him.
It seems to me that you don't know enough about this to be even commenting.
If I only commented on things I knew about, there would be no point in my being here. Mmm. 🤔
If you don't think men should be in women's facilities and sport then that's about the some total of the women's rights position.
But you give the impression that your objection to men calling themselves women goes beyond that.
Apart from it being incredibly offensive, then there's nothing I can do about men and their pathetic fetishes.
On the other hand, the implications of MEN being LEGALLY allowed to change their birth certificate and for all intents and purposes to become a WOMAN in the eyes of the law has enormous implications for women and women's sex-based rights.
We have the absurdities of rapes being reported as being committed by women (with their huge female penises). 'Female' paedophiles are suddenly cropping up everywhere. Why shouldn't these 'women' be put in women's prisons? I mean, they ARE women, after all.
There have been several cases of MEN going missing (or being sought by the police) with the police reporting that they would like to hear from anyone who knows the whereabouts of this 'woman'.

The world has become a paedophile's paradise, better than it could have been in their wildest dreams. If I were a man I would be VERY careful about which side I was seen to be arguing on. Just saying.
I'm not interested in arguing on anyone's side. My comments to IC were nothing to do with any of the above. He has been taking it upon himself to revise the dictionary definitions of various selected words recently, and I prefer them the way they were.
vegetariantaxidermy

Not to mention a paradise for anyone who hates gays. Children who would naturally grow into healthy gay men or lesbians are being fed the evil lie that they are in the 'wrong body' and are being given dangerous puberty blockers and later mutilation. Gays and lesbians are essentially being 'killed off'.
So all you idiots who think you are 'progressive', hip and 'up with the play' are actually sending us back to the dark ages.
vegetariantaxidermy

Harbal wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:28 am

I'm not interested in arguing on anyone's side. My comments to IC were nothing to do with any of the above. He has been taking it upon himself to revise the dictionary definitions of various selected words recently, and I prefer them the way they were.
You were much cleverer and more likeable with the other avatar. Hmm. That could make an interesting psychological study...
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Harbal wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:12 pm Neither do I mind what gender anyone wants to apply to themselves. If you want to say that only biological women should be allowed to use women only facilities, and participate in women only sport, then I totally agree, but other than things like that, what does it matter?
Women's prisons. Women's rights. Women's privacy. Women's privileges.

But even more importantly, nobody has any legitimate right to dictate to your brain as to what you must believe. Nobody can tell you what pronoun or other language you are permitted to use, in reference to somebody who's a man. You can say whatever you want, and it's none of their business. You don't owe them to go along with, or add any assent of yours to their delusions.
"Gender" is a nonsense word,
If people use the word to describe an aspect of themselves,

They don't. They use it to describe a state of delusion say they have, and that's it.
Don't get me wrong, I couldn't care less about "gender issues", I am just trying to understand your antagonism towards the matter.
Oh, my antagonism is simple: I think it's absurd for people to manage language in such a way as to support and encourage something that's clearly delusional, even by basic scientific metrics like physiology, psychology and genetics.

Body dysphoria, when genuine and clinically verified, is a mental distress worthy of being treated and remedied. But transing's delusional preening is a troubling sign of postmodern societies loss of grip on basic reality.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:48 pm Nothing you've said prior made it clear that gender is a fake concept.
Invented in 1955, by a sadistic and demented sexologist named John Money. He invented it in reference to a man, David Reimer, whom he had "gender reassigned," but who was really always a man, and knew he was, and who committed suicide at 38 as a result of the trauma from Money's manipulations.

Fake. And evil.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:49 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:52 pm
Sculptor wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:50 pm I have farmed.
Then you know that animals come in two kinds: male and female. And it doesn't matter what they "identify" as.
Animals have no langauge, moron.
You really shouldn't use such "langauge." :wink:

So you do think you know how to farm, but don't understand anything about reproductive organs or genetics? :lol: No wonder you say you "have farmed" in the past tense. Your animals are doubtless all dead...and certainly never reproduced.
vegetariantaxidermy

Women have nothing to worry about from these men. It's all gentle fun. These are our 'sisters', after all.

homicidal men.jpg
homicidal men.jpg (71.32 KiB) Viewed 16345 times
vegetariantaxidermy

Apparently this is Jamie Lee Curtis' son...ahem...'daughter'.

I mean, how could this not be a woman? This is exactly how women talk--comparing their penis size to men and boasting about their big tits.

ruby.jpg
ruby.jpg (34.89 KiB) Viewed 16341 times
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:18 am
Sculptor wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:49 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:52 pm
Then you know that animals come in two kinds: male and female. And it doesn't matter what they "identify" as.
Animals have no langauge, moron.
You really shouldn't use such "langauge." :wink:

So you do think you know how to farm, but don't understand anything about reproductive organs or genetics? :lol: No wonder you say you "have farmed" in the past tense. Your animals are doubtless all dead...and certainly never reproduced.
Boring
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:49 am Women have nothing to worry about from these men. It's all gentle fun. These are our 'sisters', after all.

homicidal men.jpg
It's just pure, unbridled, attention-seeking.
nemos

Post by nemos »

About the tendency to kill, and other nice "human" qualities ...

Once again, we have to admit that Humans are disgusting creatures, real creatures of hell. And as much as we are able to adapt the environment to our survival needs, so wherever we appear, hell will follow us. And biology is definitely not the fault, not females, males or hermaphrodites, but our attitude and the way we present it, including "aesthetics" and "ethics". Social upbringing has given us various masks and convenient clichés behind which to hide our distorted perception of the world, but this does not change the essence - hell follows us, and not at all in the way that we follow it. It is not so important what exactly you do, but what kind of blessing you bring with these actions.

And I still believe that identity is important, because it is not important who you are, but what you want to be is important.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:16 am
Flannel Jesus wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:48 pm Nothing you've said prior made it clear that gender is a fake concept.
Invented in 1955, by a sadistic and demented sexologist named John Money. He invented it in reference to a man, David Reimer, whom he had "gender reassigned," but who was really always a man, and knew he was, and who committed suicide at 38 as a result of the trauma from Money's manipulations.

Fake. And evil.
Interesting. That's a whole lot of stuff you didn't include in your "whole story" previously.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:12 am
Harbal wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:12 pm Neither do I mind what gender anyone wants to apply to themselves. If you want to say that only biological women should be allowed to use women only facilities, and participate in women only sport, then I totally agree, but other than things like that, what does it matter?
Women's prisons. Women's rights. Women's privacy. Women's privileges.

But even more importantly, nobody has any legitimate right to dictate to your brain as to what you must believe. Nobody can tell you what pronoun or other language you are permitted to use, in reference to somebody who's a man. You can say whatever you want, and it's none of their business. You don't owe them to go along with, or add any assent of yours to their delusions.
I agree with you, apart from the delusion part.
IC wrote:
Harbal wrote:]If people use the word to describe an aspect of themselves,
They don't. They use it to describe a state of delusion say they have, and that's it.
But everyone who doesn't think like you is in a state of delusion. :?
IC wrote:
Harbal wrote:Don't get me wrong, I couldn't care less about "gender issues", I am just trying to understand your antagonism towards the matter.
Oh, my antagonism is simple: I think it's absurd for people to manage language in such a way as to support and encourage something that's clearly delusional, even by basic scientific metrics like physiology, psychology and genetics.

Body dysphoria, when genuine and clinically verified, is a mental distress worthy of being treated and remedied. But transing's delusional preening is a troubling sign of postmodern societies loss of grip on basic reality.
Like I said, I have no particular interest in this subject; it is your tendency to present anything you disapprove of as a black and white issue that concerns me.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:18 am
Harbal wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:28 am

You were much cleverer and more likeable with the other avatar. Hmm. That could make an interesting psychological study...
I suppose we all change as we get older; you didn't used to be quite so bad tempered all the time.