Evolution of Objectivity

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Veritas Aequitas

Evolution of Objectivity

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

Objectivity is an evolutionary emergent.
All humans are evolved with the potential for Human-based Objectivity.

Many question whether Morality is Objective or not?
Is morality objective or subjective?
viewtopic.php?t=24531
Many are so sure and certain that Morality cannot be Objective, that Morality is relative [Moral Relativism or Subjectivism] or morality is nonsensical 'Moral Nihilism.'

The above belief is based on ignorance and a fundamentalistic ideology of philosophical realism [mind-independence] that what is objective must be absolutely independent of the human mind, opinions, beliefs, judgments, descriptions, etc.

What the above ignoramus do not consider is
There are Two Senses of 'Objectivity'
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=39326 i.e.
1. Objectivity of a fundamentalistic ideology of philosophical realism
2. Objectivity that is FSK-ed i.e. human-based

I had demonstrated objectivity in 1 above is grounded on an illusion.
Why Philosophical Realism is Illusory
viewtopic.php?t=40167

The realistic sense of objectivity is that of a human-based FSK conditioned Objectivity as in a human-based scientific FSK generating scientific objectivity and scientific facts.
Scientific Objectivity -1
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=39286 Jan 13, 2023
Scientific Objectivity-2
viewtopic.php?t=39286

I proposed this FSK-ed Objectivity [preceded by subjectivity] is an evolutionary default out of evolution as explained below;

1.. The FSK-ed Big Bang 13.5 billion years ago. [But??? see counter in post below]
2.. Abiogenesis 3.5 billion years. LUCA.
3.. One-celled organism’s subjective ‘First person experience’. This is obviously a subjective experience of mind-independence.
4. First multi-cellular 2.8 billion years
https://www.science.org/content/article ... -after-all
First mammals 205 million years ago
4. First humans 2.4 million years ago
5. Modern Homo-sapiens 350K years ago
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_modern_human

From the above timeline one can infer ‘first-person experience’ i.e. subjectivity reigned for more than 3.25 billion years.

It is only after 3.25 that there is the possibility that organisms with the independent first-person-experiences emerged with the potential to share their first-person-experiences to seek commonalities to facilitate a higher stage of survival.
This is the intersubjectivity or intersubjective consensus [explicitly or implicitly] which is objectivity as defined.

Objectivity is defined as that [reality & Knowledge] which is independent of a subject’s* opinion, beliefs, judgement, description; * or a loose group of people.

What is Philosophical Objectivity?
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31416

What we can conclude from the above is;
Objectivity is grounded on subjectivity, thus intersubjectivity, i.e. the sharing of first-person experiences which emerged since 3.5 billion years ago re LUCA.
Objectivity cannot be absolutely independent of human conditions or mind-independent as claimed by philosophical realists.

Therefore, moral relativists and moral nihilists has no credibility to their claim that morality cannot be objective [because there are no moral facts that are objective].

All humans are evolved [grounded on a 3.5 billion years history] with the potential to realize moral facts that are objective as conditioned upon a human-based moral FSK.
Veritas Aequitas

Re: Evolution of Objectivity

Notes:
1.The FSK-ed Big Bang 13.5 billion years ago.
The Theory of the Big Bang is an inference from hindsight based on present observations and conditioned to a human-based scientific FSK, i.e. the science-cosmology-FSK.
As such, it is not that the Big Bang depend on humans to occur but rather its occurrence cannot somehow be absolutely independent of the human conditions.

Another objection is 'nothing can come from nothing'.
The idea that there is a thing by itself is an illusion driven by human psychology of desperation to soothe a cognitive dissonance driven by an existential crisis.
I have argued on this elsewhere.
Why Philosophical Realism is Illusory
viewtopic.php?t=40167
Veritas Aequitas

Re: Evolution of Objectivity

Notes: KIV