Buddhas waking up in human form

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Lacewing

Buddhas waking up in human form

Post by Lacewing »

DAM, as I began to respond to this concept (below) that you posted in a humor topic, I thought I should put it in a unique topic. I think it's very potent. Thank you for the inspiration.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:04 am We are not just humans learning to become buddhas, but also buddhas waking up in human form, learning to become fully human. And these two tracks of development can mutually enrich each other.” JOHN WELWOOD
Yes!!! These two aspects... experienced together... are like divine dancing.

Human beings struggle so much with their forms. They think they need to be somewhere else... or look forward to being somewhere else. I suddenly get the image of a small fish, just after it has been added to an aquarium, and how it might at first swim furiously against the glass like it wants to get out, then eventually it relaxes in its environment. If it were to actually flip out and escape that environment, its experience would be over because its form would die.

When one gets an opportunity to see and realize that they are not a separate small 'individual', but rather they are naturally of a greater fullness of all-that-is, their temporary human form and experience might be able to relax. It is also said that there are no mistakes. It's all for the purpose of experience. If we can resist the temptation to place demands, expectations, and judgments on that, we might experience being part of a greater flow.

Human life is not a separation or falling. There is nowhere to fall from and there is no separation despite the physical appearance of things -- this is what the concept of God could be truer in representing. Instead, the 'God' concept has been manipulated by human beings who want to favor themselves, condemn others, and worst of all... it is used to convince humans that they and the physical world are somehow separate. 'God' has been turned into an imaginary separate BEING of some sort, to be interpreted by human man to appease and control human frailties. It's so messed up!! I think it has done more damage than good.

Separation is an illusion... and it is a false spirituality.

Any ideas of going or getting back to somewhere else are like being in a bad dream of not belonging. We can 'wake up' in this dream/experience to be more whole than fractured. Amazing things happen when our 'Buddha awareness' (so-to-speak) can dance in our human experience (whatever the experience may be).

It may take a long time to recover from the human distortions for the concept of 'God' representing a separate entity's name! For that reason, I will be unlikely to use the term for anything spiritual. :P It would seem better and truer to identify the term 'GOD' as an acronym for a greater truth representing ONENESS of all... for example, Garden of Dancing. :)
Dontaskme

Re: Buddhas waking up in human form

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:06 pm DAM, as I began to respond to this concept (below) that you posted in a humor topic, I thought I should put it in a unique topic. I think it's very potent. Thank you for the inspiration.
You are welcome Lacewing. 👍
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:04 am We are not just humans learning to become buddhas, but also buddhas waking up in human form, learning to become fully human. And these two tracks of development can mutually enrich each other.” JOHN WELWOOD
Lacewing wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:06 pmYes!!! These two aspects... experienced together... are like divine dancing.

Human beings struggle so much with their forms. They think they need to be somewhere else... or look forward to being somewhere else. I suddenly get the image of a small fish, just after it has been added to an aquarium, and how it might at first swim furiously against the glass like it wants to get out, then eventually it relaxes in its environment. If it were to actually flip out and escape that environment, its experience would be over because its form would die.

When one gets an opportunity to see and realize that they are not a separate small 'individual', but rather they are naturally of a greater fullness of all-that-is, their temporary human form and experience might be able to relax. It is also said that there are no mistakes. It's all for the purpose of experience. If we can resist the temptation to place demands, expectations, and judgments on that, we might experience being part of a greater flow.

Human life is not a separation or falling. There is nowhere to fall from and there is no separation despite the physical appearance of things -- this is what the concept of God could be truer in representing. Instead, the 'God' concept has been manipulated by human beings who want to favor themselves, condemn others, and worst of all... it is used to convince humans that they and the physical world are somehow separate. 'God' has been turned into an imaginary separate BEING of some sort, to be interpreted by human man to appease and control human frailties. It's so messed up!! I think it has done more damage than good.

Separation is an illusion... and it is a false spirituality.

Any ideas of going or getting back to somewhere else are like being in a bad dream of not belonging. We can 'wake up' in this dream/experience to be more whole than fractured. Amazing things happen when our 'Buddha awareness' (so-to-speak) can dance in our human experience (whatever the experience may be).

It may take a long time to recover from the human distortions for the concept of 'God' representing a separate entity's name! For that reason, I will be unlikely to use the term for anything spiritual. :P It would seem better and truer to identify the term 'GOD' as an acronym for a greater truth representing ONENESS of all... for example, Garden of Dancing. :)
I think we are finally on the same page LW 👍👏 :wink:
Lacewing wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:06 pmGarden of Dancing. :)A. K. A. GOD
Perfect...
Love it. :D