The Church of Life

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

The Church of Life

Post by Gary Childress »

Living beings are precious. Not all that is in this universe feel and experience. If there is life and if there is non-life, then life is precious, and non-life is essential to sustain life and therefore precious also. Let us not seek to live forever. And let us seek to depart from this world having preserved it for posterity to also experience it. Pray not for our own salvation. Pray that there will be those to salvage in the future.

Life feeds on life. When I die, let other living beings find nourishment on my corpse, lest they should be forced to seek nourishment from my living body.

The desert religions are relics of the past. The lands beneath their feet, Mesopotamia, have been stripped of most of their life and left mostly barren deserts. Those are religions of illness and sickliness. They are failed religions.
LuckyR

Re: The Church of Life

Post by LuckyR »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:19 am Living beings are precious. Not all that is in this universe feel and experience. If there is life and if there is non-life, then life is precious, and non-life is essential to sustain life and therefore precious also. Let us not seek to live forever. And let us seek to depart from this world having preserved it for posterity to also experience it. Pray not for our own salvation. Pray that there will be those to salvage in the future.

Life feeds on life. When I die, let other living beings find nourishment on my corpse, lest they should be forced to seek nourishment from my living body.

The desert religions are relics of the past. The lands beneath their feet, Mesopotamia, have been stripped of most of their life and left mostly barren deserts. Those are religions of illness and sickliness. They are failed religions.
So which religions specifically are the desert religions?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

LuckyR wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:27 am
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:19 am Living beings are precious. Not all that is in this universe feel and experience. If there is life and if there is non-life, then life is precious, and non-life is essential to sustain life and therefore precious also. Let us not seek to live forever. And let us seek to depart from this world having preserved it for posterity to also experience it. Pray not for our own salvation. Pray that there will be those to salvage in the future.

Mesopotamian religions.
LuckyR

Post by LuckyR »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:16 pm

Mesopotamian religions.
Perhaps you are unfamiliar with the term "specifically". Are you talking about the ancient Mesopotamian religion (that no one believes in) or the modern religions that sprang up from it?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

LuckyR wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:00 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:16 pm

Mesopotamian religions.
Perhaps you are unfamiliar with the term "specifically". Are you talking about the ancient Mesopotamian religion (that no one believes in) or the modern religions that sprang up from it?
I'm familiar enough with them. I've lived among their adherents all my life. I've seen their hypocrisy and depravity. And I've seen them attribute the same to their God in their holy books, except they call it "good" for no other reason than it is their God that they attribute it to.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Question:
Do Atheists Rejoice ... and over what?

Lyle Lovett and his Large Band – Church
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-42NzUuUlLY
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Walker wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:49 pm Question:
Do Atheists Rejoice ... and over what?
Atheists aren't an entity -- they're diverse individuals, who naturally rejoice (or not) in many different ways. CAN people who are atheists rejoice? Of course! Over what? Countless things! Life! All of the magnificence and perfection! You god-followers don't have some sort of unique key to RejoiceLand. On the contrary, you've interjected some unnecessary and separate god-notion between you and the divine glory we're all naturally part of. 8) Why would you do that and then pretend that others are excluded because they don't do it too? That's messed up.
Walker

Post by Walker »

:thumbsup:

The worship gene is inherent to all folks, whether or not it has yet to be isolated. The worship gene causes rejoicing. The object of worship determines what is rejoiced.