Humanitarian vs. Exact. Through the Looking-Glass.

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

nemos

Humanitarian vs. Exact. Through the Looking-Glass.

Post by nemos »

- Mom, how were we born?
- The Lord created us.
- And dad said that we came from monkeys.
- Well, I’m just telling you about my relatives, and he’s telling about his.

----------------------------------
1. Knowledge kills miracle.
2. Knowledge opens the door to new miracles, making previous ones more nuanced and profound.

As far as I can remember, the eternal dispute between the representatives of the humanitarian and the exact direction.
As far as I consider myself a representative of the exact direction, I will defend this opinion accordingly.

Wonder in this case is used as a synonym for beauty.
I like this definition of beauty: Beauty is biological utility/expediency.

In a little more detail, this means that our perception has evolved in order to navigate the environment as efficiently as possible and to be able to quickly recognize and separate what is useful from what is not useful, what is appropriate from what is inappropriate, what is dangerous from what is safe. And the sense of beauty is a mechanism that signals that the evaluated object is biologically useful. For example, a healthy and vital organism as opposed to a sick one. New and promising as opposed to old. etc
Of course, people, and not only that, are very cunning and have long been taught to pass off the desired as the existing. No matter what you do, nothing is perfect.
----------------------------------

Another interesting fact of biological perception:
white light contains a continuous spectrum, which can be observed using a prism or as a rainbow, but our mind divides it into seven color zones: Why?

If anyone comes up with similar perception facts, it will be nice if you share them.
Impenitent

Re: Humanitarian vs. Exact. Through the Looking-Glass.

Post by Impenitent »

a stork dropped me off but we could be a monkey's uncle...

-Imp
Walker

Post by Walker »

... a chip off the old block.
(made in the image of)
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Impenitent wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:02 pm a stork dropped me off but we could be a monkey's uncle...

-Imp
What a profound reply. When are you going to become human, imp?
nemos

Post by nemos »

The more precisely formulated the statement, the less truth it contains ... ?!

Since this topic discusses the differences and similarities (why not) in the views between the representatives of the humanitarian and exact direction, it would be convenient if you revealed which direction you belong to.
I am slowly beginning to suspect that, apart from these directions, there could also be other directions in opposition to these two directions...
Please enlighten.