Biden Crime Family

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Immanuel Can

Re: Biden Crime Family

Post by Immanuel Can »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:12 pm I guess, I'm just not up to date on the new rules of "democracy".
Oh, democracy's in big trouble. That's one thing we all know for sure.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:28 am
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:12 pm I guess, I'm just not up to date on the new rules of "democracy".
My understanding is that Trump lost a fair election. I can see where the Democrat PARTY is perhaps in trouble but "democracy" itself seems to be working fine as far as I can tell. Of course, your buddy and fellow theophile, AJ fears "unrestrained" (his own words) people. Maybe there's a common theme there between the two of you, I don't know. The only good human is a "restrained" human for him, apparently. I thought freedom and liberty were supposed to be good things (hence the term "LIBERalism"). Not sure what the two of you consider yourselves, but "liberal" doesn't sound like a term that properly fits.

¯\_(*_*)_/¯
Last edited by Gary Childress on Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:52 am
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:03 pm Your answers aren't exactly full and pleasing either.
I’m not here to provide you with answers, jerk.

I’ve made it clear: I am here to express my thoughts in the essay form.
Fair enough, my "dissident" friend. Enjoy "dissenting". I don't know what you are dissenting, but apparently, it's important to you. I hope it's worth it.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:58 am
My understanding is that Trump lost a fair election.
Yep. That's your understanding, I guess.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:14 am
The courts have ruled that there wasn't sufficient evidence that the voting machines were rigged. They've ruled that there wasn't sufficient evidence that there was any funny business in the vote counts. What would you do if you were an American citizen? Go storm the Capitol demanding the justice system is wrong?

At least Sanders took all the shit he took from the Democrats with grace. People didn't mob the Capitol to protest Sanders being shut out by the 2 party wheeling and dealing. Trump, the terror of Twitter who spent his time in office telling police officers to do a little extra ruffing up on people when they put them in the back of the squad car or brags about grabbing women in the crotch gets shut down by the press and whites are breaking into the Capitol to overthrow the election.

WTF planet do "conservatives" live on? If you're going to get upset at something, get upset when Sanders gets shoved out. Or get upset when Bush Jr invades Iraq. A circus jerk gets into the Whitehouse because he happens to have a cool billion to meet the entry requirements gets shut down and the "right" goes ape shit. the "dissident" right spins its wheels worrying about the fact that they can't use the "n" word to describe black people. It's like idiots of the world unite. Meanwhile, sane people who want to see rational politics and reasonable social policies are getting stuffed one after the other. "Conservatives" don't seem to care so much about them.

Anyway, don't listen to me. I'm sure God is communicating with you directly, telling you that Trump is the essential next step before the second coming. I don't see it that way, but of course, according to the Bible, I'm a tool of the "anti-Christ" because John 1 says that's what I am if I don't believe Jesus is lord.

Knock yourselves out. I hope Trump wins in 2024 for you, just to make you all happy. Screw Sanders. Screw "lefties". We're all closet genocidal maniacs and commies. The "end days" are here. Let's get Trump in there and rebuild Israel or whatever. Heaven is upon us! Hallelujah!
Walker

Post by Walker »

Why the 2020 Election Was Neither Free nor Fair
By Joel B. Pollak
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/artic ... 44798.html#!

The 2020 presidential election was neither free nor fair.

Much of the debate has focused on the question of “voter fraud” — whether alleged violations of the rules moved enough votes in key states to overturn the outcome, or whether speculative theories about hacked voting machines and software should be taken seriously. These claims remain unproven.

But while voting is the most important event in an election, it is not the only event, but the culmination of a process.

There are common international standards about what makes an election “free and fair.” These criteria, summarized by the Inter-Parliamentary Union, include: the “absolute” right to a secret ballot; the right to “express political opinions without interference; [t]o seek, receive and impart information and to make an informed choice”; the right of candidates to “equal opportunity of access to the media”; the “right of candidates to security”; freedom of association, and others.

Many of these were violated in 2020.

“Fraud” was not as important as what Democrats were able to accomplish legally, for example, by pushing the country to adopt vote-by-mail on a massive scale.

The scientific basis for doing so was always dubious. South Korea and Israel both had national elections at the height of the pandemic in March and April, and both used in-person voting, almost exclusively. Neither could be accused of a lax approach to COVID-19.

Never before had the country adopted an entirely new system of voting in the middle of an election, at the urging of one party, and over the objections of the other.

Democrats also sued to lower the safeguards against fraud in absentee ballots. The attorney leading many of those lawsuits, Marc Elias of Perkins Coie, was also the key figure in hiring Fusion GPS to produce the fraudulent “Russia dossier” in an attempt to smear Donald Trump in the 2016 election.

Democrats preferred vote-by-mail because it allowed them to turn out low-propensity voters. Republicans preferred voting in person — the standard practice worldwide — partly because of an attachment to tradition, but also because many Republican voters did not trust that mail-in ballots would remain secret or would be delivered at all by postal workers whose union had backed Democrat Joe Biden.

Republicans turned out voters; Democrats turned out envelopes.

Beyond that unfair advantage to Democrats, there were flagrant abuses of the principles that make an election free and fair.

Political violence was widespread, carried out almost entirely by left-wing groups alongside Black Lives Matter protests. Though most protests were peaceful, hundreds were not.

Forty-eight of the 50 largest U.S. cities experienced riots, as did many smaller towns. Democrats minimized the violence and blamed police, or the president, for the unrest.

With the riots came a national panic that came to be known as “cancel culture.” Conservatives feared speaking out lest they lose their jobs, their social media accounts, or their lives. A poll in July revealed that 77% of Republicans were afraid to share their political views.

The extreme bias of the mainstream media also suppressed conservative and pro-Trump views. Media fact-checkers cast Trump as a liar while ignoring Biden’s lies about Charlottesville and much else.

The 2020 election also featured unprecedented censorship. Google manipulated its search algorithm to bury conservative news. Facebook and Twitter suppressed debate about the coronavirus.

In October, when the New York Post published credible allegations about Hunter Biden’s laptop and emails, which exposed Joe Biden’s past dissembling, Twitter and Facebook both censored the story. Mainstream media applauded the censorship, and demanded more.

Other factors also made the 2020 election unfree and unfair. The Commission on Presidential Debates was stacked against Trump, with one moderator caught conspiring with a prominent Trump critic. An election-year impeachment, based on claims by a “whistleblower” whose very name was censored voluntarily by the press, cast the president as illegitimate. Former military leaders, like Admiral William McRaven (Ret.), called for his removal, “the sooner, the better.”

Most of these abuses were legal. That is why the results of the election cannot simply be set aside. When laws were broken — as in the nationwide riots — voters arguably delivered their own verdict, punishing Democratic candidates for the violence and for the party’s waffling on “defund the police.”

But we cannot pretend that what happened in 2020 was acceptable. It leaves many Republicans convinced that the system is “rigged” — even against a “red wave.”

We need to make urgent changes.

If vote-by-mail cannot be reversed, it must be made more secure, or replaced with a secure, 100% American, and politically independent remote voting system.

Political parties must condemn violence unequivocally. Big Tech must lose its immunity under Section 230, which it has abused. The Commission on Presidential Debates should be replaced.

Above all, “free and fair” must be the standard to which American elections are held.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Walker wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:43 am
By Joel B. Pollak

Much of the debate has focused on the question of “voter fraud” — whether alleged violations of the rules moved enough votes in key states to overturn the outcome, or whether speculative theories about hacked voting machines and software should be taken seriously. These claims remain unproven.

But while voting is the most important event in an election, it is not the only event, but the culmination of a process.

There are common international standards about what makes an election “free and fair.” These criteria, summarized by the Inter-Parliamentary Union, include: the “absolute” right to a secret ballot; the right to “express political opinions without interference; [t]o seek, receive and impart information and to make an informed choice”; the right of candidates to “equal opportunity of access to the media”; the “right of candidates to security”; freedom of association, and others.

“Fraud” was not as important as what Democrats were able to accomplish legally, for example, by pushing the country to adopt vote-by-mail on a massive scale.

The scientific basis for doing so was always dubious. South Korea and Israel both had national elections at the height of the pandemic in March and April, and both used in-person voting, almost exclusively. Neither could be accused of a lax approach to COVID-19.

Never before had the country adopted an entirely new system of voting in the middle of an election, at the urging of one party, and over the objections of the other.

Democrats also sued to lower the safeguards against fraud in absentee ballots. The attorney leading many of those lawsuits, Marc Elias of Perkins Coie, was also the key figure in hiring Fusion GPS to produce the fraudulent “Russia dossier” in an attempt to smear Donald Trump in the 2016 election.

Democrats preferred vote-by-mail because it allowed them to turn out low-propensity voters. Republicans preferred voting in person — the standard practice worldwide — partly because of an attachment to tradition, but also because many Republican voters did not trust that mail-in ballots would remain secret or would be delivered at all by postal workers whose union had backed Democrat Joe Biden.

Beyond that unfair advantage to Democrats, there were flagrant abuses of the principles that make an election free and fair.

Political violence was widespread, carried out almost entirely by left-wing groups alongside Black Lives Matter protests. Though most protests were peaceful, hundreds were not.

Forty-eight of the 50 largest U.S. cities experienced riots, as did many smaller towns. Democrats minimized the violence and blamed police, or the president, for the unrest.

With the riots came a national panic that came to be known as “cancel culture.” Conservatives feared speaking out lest they lose their jobs, their social media accounts, or their lives. A poll in July revealed that 77% of Republicans were afraid to share their political views.

The extreme bias of the mainstream media also suppressed conservative and pro-Trump views. Media fact-checkers cast Trump as a liar while ignoring Biden’s lies about Charlottesville and much else.

The 2020 election also featured unprecedented censorship. Google manipulated its search algorithm to bury conservative news. Facebook and Twitter suppressed debate about the coronavirus.

In October, when the New York Post published credible allegations about Hunter Biden’s laptop and emails, which exposed Joe Biden’s past dissembling, Twitter and Facebook both censored the story. Mainstream media applauded the censorship, and demanded more.

Other factors also made the 2020 election unfree and unfair. The Commission on Presidential Debates was stacked against Trump, with one moderator caught conspiring with a prominent Trump critic. An election-year impeachment, based on claims by a “whistleblower” whose very name was censored voluntarily by the press, cast the president as illegitimate. Former military leaders, like Admiral William McRaven (Ret.), called for his removal, “the sooner, the better.”

Most of these abuses were legal. That is why the results of the election cannot simply be set aside. When laws were broken — as in the nationwide riots — voters arguably delivered their own verdict, punishing Democratic candidates for the violence and for the party’s waffling on “defund the police.”

But we cannot pretend that what happened in 2020 was acceptable. It leaves many Republicans convinced that the system is “rigged” — even against a “red wave.”

If vote-by-mail cannot be reversed, it must be made more secure, or replaced with a secure, 100% American, and politically independent remote voting system.

Political parties must condemn violence unequivocally. Big Tech must lose its immunity under Section 230, which it has abused. The Commission on Presidential Debates should be replaced.

Above all, “free and fair” must be the standard to which American elections are held.
I agree with the statement highlighted in red. Now how do we accomplish "free and fair"? Who should we vote for and put in office? Is it going to be the "orange hand grenade" again? Maybe next time try voting for an orange "snowflake". Maybe something like that doesn't go "boom"? Or downsize and pick an 'orange machine gun' next time at least?

Best wishes. Hope I'll be able to meet you on the other side.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:44 am
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:58 am My understanding is that Trump lost a fair election.
The courts have ruled that there wasn't sufficient evidence that the voting machines were rigged.
The courts have refused to rule, actually. That's quite different. That the voting process is now not even monitored by an independent agency is a matter of serious concern to all Americans; for if the Dems can play around with it, who can't? And what does the vote of the American people mean if the process can be fiddled?

We can argue whether or not Biden was the most popular candidate of all time -- even more popular than Obama. Do you believe that? Or we can argue that the best way for a campaign to be run is for a senile candidate to hide in his basement and insult his voters from there. Do you believe that? Or we can argue that mail-in voting is secure and fair. Do you believe that? And we can argue that the Biden voters all seemed to vote at night, in blocks, putting their ballots in large boxes kept under desks...or that illegal immigrants and dead people have every right to vote, and live ones do not... :wink:

But all of that is moot. Biden got away with the election, and he's de facto in the big seat. How he ended up there is now history.

What's not history is what the Biden administration is doing right now. That's of very current concern. And the people of Ukraine are sure concerned with it, and so are the people who buy gas and groceries, and so are those who still think America is a nation and should have controlled borders, and those who are opposed to fentanyl, child trafficking and cities in decay. Those who wish America to get past racism, or who care about education should be concerned. And it's of concern to people in other countries too, those whose women and chlidren are being trafficked, those whose countries are being drained and wrecked, like Mexico, Canada, Honduras, Panama, and those countries all over the world that are tired of America being the self-appointed moral and military arbitrator of the globe, and who are not all that impressed with recent decisions made in that role.

Lots of basis for concern. Nothing being done to fix it.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:36 pm
Walker wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:43 am
By Joel B. Pollak

I agree with the statement highlighted in red. Now how do we accomplish "free and fair"? Who should we vote for and put in office? Is it going to be the "orange hand grenade" again? Maybe next time try voting for an orange "snowflake". Maybe something like that doesn't go "boom"? Or downsize and pick an 'orange machine gun' next time at least?

Best wishes. Hope I'll be able to meet you on the other side.
On second thought, I'll just leave it at best wishes.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:45 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:44 am
The courts have ruled that there wasn't sufficient evidence that the voting machines were rigged.
The courts have refused to rule, actually. That's quite different. That the voting process is now not even monitored by an independent agency is a matter of serious concern to all Americans; for if the Dems can play around with it, who can't? And what does the vote of the American people mean if the process can be fiddled?

We can argue whether or not Biden was the most popular candidate of all time -- even more popular than Obama. Do you believe that? Or we can argue that the best way for a campaign to be run is for a senile candidate to hide in his basement and insult his voters from there. Do you believe that? Or we can argue that mail-in voting is secure and fair. Do you believe that? And we can argue that the Biden voters all seemed to vote at night, in blocks, putting their ballots in large boxes kept under desks...or that illegal immigrants and dead people have every right to vote, and live ones do not... :wink:

But all of that is moot. Biden got away with the election, and he's de facto in the big seat. How he ended up there is now history.

What's not history is what the Biden administration is doing right now. That's of very current concern. And the people of Ukraine are sure concerned with it, and so are the people who buy gas and groceries, and so are those who still think America is a nation and should have controlled borders, and those who are opposed to fentanyl, child trafficking and cities in decay. Those who wish America to get past racism, or who care about education should be concerned. And it's of concern to people in other countries too, those whose women and chlidren are being trafficked, those whose countries are being drained and wrecked, like Mexico, Canada, Honduras, Panama, and those countries all over the world that are tired of America being the self-appointed moral and military arbitrator of the globe, and who are not all that impressed with recent decisions made in that role.

Lots of basis for concern. Nothing being done to fix it.
How does an agency become "independent"?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:48 pm How does an agency become "independent"?
When it is not under the control of any particular political party, but rather serves the public interest impartially. Like a referee in a football game, an election agency is not supposed to have any interest in who wins, but only in guaranteeing the integrity of the process that yields the democratic results.

Which is why there's no excuse for anybody to advocate against voter ID. The only actual reason to do so has nothing whatsoever to do with racism or exclusion (in fact, it's a gross insult to minority communities to suggest they're so stupid and dysfunctional that they're somehow incapable of finding their own birth certificates or drivers' licenses), but rather with the intention to corrupt the voting process. And we can all see that from a long way away.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:04 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:48 pm How does an agency become "independent"?
When it is not under the control of any particular political party, but rather serves the public interest impartially. Like a referee in a football game, an election agency is not supposed to have any interest in who wins, but only in guaranteeing the integrity of the process that yields the democratic results.

Which is why there's no excuse for anybody to advocate against voter ID. The only actual reason to do so has nothing whatsoever to do with racism or exclusion (in fact, it's a gross insult to minority communities to suggest they're so stupid and dysfunctional that they're somehow incapable of finding their own birth certificates or drivers' licenses), but rather with the intention to corrupt the voting process. And we can all see that from a long way away.
OK. How does an agency avoid being controlled by a particular political party? Are both the Democrat party and Republican party "particular" political parties? How would this independent agency be created and by whom?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:07 pm How does an agency avoid being controlled by a particular political party?
How does a referee avoid being controlled by a football team?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:08 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:07 pm How does an agency avoid being controlled by a particular political party?
For football (American or International), referees are not allowed to be paid by either football team. The job of a "referee" is to ensure that a football game is won by the team who plays football the best. However, referees are also human beings and are not perfectly impartial. Sometimes they make suspicious calls that don't seem fair when analyzed later by others when the documented event is observed later.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:21 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:08 pm
For football (American or International), referees are not allowed to be paid by either football team. The job of a "referee" is to ensure that a football game is won by the player who plays football the best. However, referees are also human beings and are not perfectly impartial. Sometimes they make suspicious calls that don't seem fair when analyzed later by others when the documented event is observed later.
That is true. But their work is very much in public, where any unfairness can be plainly seen. They don't operate in secrecy. So one way to do that is to make everything open and manifest.

A second way is to have an impartial press, one that has an interest in providing the public with the information it wants, rather than shilling for a party. You don't have that, I admit. But a third way is to make partisanship balanced between those admittedly partisan to one side and those admittedly partisan to another, with equal strength maintained between the two. That can work, too, because they watch each other.

I realize that in America, things have become so partisan that it's unthinkable that anyone would actually value impartiality above partisanship. But it's not actually all that unusual. Some people can be loyal to democracy, to truth, to fairness rather than to a corrupt politlcal party. In short, there are such things as good, moral people. All you have to do is find a few. And then you've got your referees.

And if that's lost in America, then there's no hope for democracy there anyway.