A vow to our leaders

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

Re: A vow to our leaders

Post by Gary Childress »

BTW, how old is your wife, AJ?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

So far, as an American (albeit a "mentally ill" one) I see Biden as taking a more cautious approach to everything than Trump would if he gets back into office. Trump didn't believe climate change is a problem. Trump thought China needs to be sanctioned and ties with Russia improved. These things seem like unrealistic beliefs now that Putin has forced his hand and massively destabilized the world's state. Maybe it's a good thing that the world has been destabilized. However, should it remain destabilized forever? If not, then should Putin, Un, and others be allowed to flourish in blissful indifference?

So I see Biden as more virtuous (though not perfect by far) than Putin. Of course, if Putin calls off his invasion of Ukraine, then my opinion will change out of necessity because I will have to see Putin as the greater peacemaker between the two of them because Putin would have deliberately walked away from the war. If Biden walks away, then I will sing his praises to all eternity instead. However, as it stands, I'm an American citizen with mental illness and my heart is telling me to stick with Biden because if Biden (or a similar or better candidate) doesn't make it into office then it will possibly be another Trump presidency and I just don't feel like Trump is in tune with everything a person in this world needs to be in tune with.

So that's where I stand.

END THE KILLING! END THE WARS!
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

War will not end until all borders are abolished and all resources are shared by the working peoples of the erf. No ifs ands or buts about it, mate.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Not saying we should end war becuz it is kinda cool in a morbid way. I'm saying that IF u wanna end it, that's what u gotta do.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

promethean75 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:30 pm Not saying we should end war becuz it is kinda cool in a morbid way. I'm saying that IF u wanna end it, that's what u gotta do.
It would require an actual "United Nations" of Earth. However, God apparently didn't like that the first time it was tried and they used the opportunity to try to build a really big tower in Babylon. Maybe God will change his mind one of these times and let us all understand each other? Who knows?
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

That tower of Babylon business in the bible was lifted from the Sumerian 'Enmerkar and the Lord of Aratta' myth.