PNF's Ignore List Feature

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

PNF's Ignore List Feature

Post by Dontaskme »

People who don't conform are ignored, ridiculed and excluded from a young age. They have learned that they are not welcome in the public sphere.
Gary Childress

Re: PNF's Ignore List Feature

Post by Gary Childress »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:36 pm People who don't conform are ignored, ridiculed and excluded from a young age. They have learned that they are not welcome in the public sphere.
Well, you're always welcome in my sphere. :D
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:36 pm People who don't conform are ignored, ridiculed and excluded from a young age. They have learned that they are not welcome in the public sphere.
That is true, but I don't think 'non-conformance' is the reason PNF's Ignore List feature is used. Any of us might be on someone's Ignore List. It's simply a useful tool for being selective about what we want to give our attention to. Really no different than setting a personal list of TV channels one prefers.

Did someone put you on their list? I'm sure I'm on some lists. :lol:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:58 pm
That is true, but I don't think 'non-conformance' is the reason PNF's Ignore List feature is used. Any of us might be on someone's Ignore List. It's simply a useful tool for being selective about what we want to give our attention to. Really no different than setting a personal list of TV channels one prefers.
It is a passive form of non-conformance though, when it comes to IC's philosophy. IC never ignores anyone because he's constanly trying, but usually failing to get people to conform to his personal philosophical ideology, that is then passive aggressively claimed to be God's way. :wink:

We each are self- CONstructing our own unique models of reality, they are usually what we choose to apply our attention to.

For all we know, we might be missing out on some other never before seen philosophical model made by another, so we won't know if we are missing out, not at least until we've had a peak at it.
Lacewing wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:58 pmDid someone put you on their list?
Sculptor announced I was on his ignore list, but he ignored his own announcement, because he still replies and responds to me, to this day, in the days when this is being written.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Lacewing wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:58 pm
Yes. Most people are choosing between and choosing not to pay attention to things. If someone spits on us, we generally don't ask them out for a coffee. We ask someone else. There's always a sifting through reality. Some things get permanently ignored adn avoided. Others temporarily. Every choice is not making the other choice. We aren't neglecting vanilla ice cream if we choose chocolate.

Yes, we may well miss out. And many people use conventional thinking to ignore things they shouldn't. And many people use adherence to a rule for unconventional think to rule out things and this can also cause problems.

The horror/challenge/possibly also good thing in some ways is that we must use our intuition. We do not have infinite attention. We may make mistakes. Not choosing to ignore can be a mistake We can't really avoid choosing (hence not choosing is a choice and can be a mistake).

So, yeah, if someone repeatedly does certain things pretty much everyone will choose to ignore them. Except battered spouses who end up getting killed, for example.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

I put the whole forum on ignore so all I ever see are blank threads.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

promethean75 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:12 pm I put the whole forum on ignore so all I ever see are blank threads.
Well the person who liked blank threads more than filled ones would be making a good choice. If they came for philosophy, it would be time to try another online forum. Which would be ignoring everyone here, unless they were at the other one.

Does anyone feel guilty (to others? in relation to themselves?) for not posting in all possible philosophy forums and reading all the post(er)s there?
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

If somebody just posted please PM the moderators and tell them to PM me the post so i can see it becuz this is just crazy. All I see are my own posts.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

promethean75 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:24 pm If somebody just posted please PM the moderators and tell them to PM me the post so i can see it becuz this is just crazy. All I see are my own posts.
And yet the poor guy keeps coming back. When there is a whole world to explore. Ah, well, priorities. He's welcome to his.