Is God Real?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: Is God Real?

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 4:34 am
Well 'this' was ALSO VERY OBVIOUS, thus you did NOT have to say.
I'll say whatever I like, as anyone else will say what they like, and is welcome to say it.

I simply have tried and failed to understand what you are talking about. Even when you clarify, that too is often incoherent and difficult for me to grasp, I simply have no idea as to what is being meant as said, or is being said as being someone else's irrefutable truth.

But I am neither fazed or bothered by this inability to understand other worldly takes and views on things, as I have my very own version of irrefutable truth that makes sense to me. But that does not negate or deny other people's views as to how they choose to see their world views. I am quite capable of knowing that everyone is entitled to their own knowledge as they understand and perceive it to be true and irrefutable according to their own personal ability to make it make sense to them.

When I interact with others in discussions to do with the likes of philosophy, I am merely just curious that's all, and not seeking anything other than the curiosity of how others see their own personal irrefutable truths, and how they put that into words for others to read. I have no problem if I do not comprehend or understand what is being explained to me, I am simply curious as to how each of us explains what it is we choose to explain as to the nature of philosophical discussion on the nature of reality.

For me, if everyone is right, then no one can be wrong. Or, if we just accept that no one is right or wrong, and there's just what we choose to say because it makes sense to us, then so be it, it is as it is.

Personally, I have no argument with myself.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:01 am
Age wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 4:34 am
Well 'this' was ALSO VERY OBVIOUS, thus you did NOT have to say.
I'll say whatever I like, as anyone else will say what they like, and is welcome to say it.
you seem to be MISREADING or MISUNDERSTANDING me here.

I NEVER even suggested that you COULD NOT say whatever you like here. I was just SAYING that there was NO NEED for you to say what you did here. As 'it' was ALREADY VERY OBVIOUS.
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:01 am I simply have tried and failed to understand what you are talking about. Even when you clarify, that too is often incoherent and difficult for me to grasp, I simply have no idea as to what is being meant as said, or is being said as being someone else's irrefutable truth.
BUT I have NOT even BEGUN to EXPRESS what the IRREFUTABLE Truth IS, EXACTLY. So, it is NOT surprising AT ALL that you have NO idea about what is being said as being "someone else's" so-called 'irrefutable truth'.

ALSO, WHAT the IRREFUTABLE Truth IS, and HOW 'It' is FOUND and KNOWN, REVEALS that 'It' IS and WILL NEVER BE "someone else's" 'irrefutable truth'.

Furthermore, if you would like to SHARE and example of some 'thing' that I have ACTUALLY SAID and WRITTEN, which you do NOT YET understand what I am talking ABOUT, then we could see if I could HELP you to UNDERSTAND, BETTER.
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:01 am But I am neither fazed or bothered by this inability to understand other worldly takes and views on things, as I have my very own version of irrefutable truth that makes sense to me.
Just out of curiosity, what makes 'it' an 'irrefutable truth', to you?

And will you share examples of ANY of these so-called 'irrefutable truths'?

If no, then WHY NOT?
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:01 am But that does not negate or deny other people's views as to how they choose to see their world views. I am quite capable of knowing that everyone is entitled to their own knowledge as they understand and perceive it to be true and irrefutable according to their own personal ability to make it make sense to them.

When I interact with others in discussions to do with the likes of philosophy, I am merely just curious that's all, and not seeking anything other than the curiosity of how others see their own personal irrefutable truths, and how they put that into words for others to read. I have no problem if I do not comprehend or understand what is being explained to me, I am simply curious as to how each of us explains what it is we choose to explain as to the nature of philosophical discussion on the nature of reality.
What IS the 'nature of reality', to you, EXACTLY?
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:01 am For me, if everyone is right, then no one can be wrong. Or, if we just accept that no one is right or wrong, and there's just what we choose to say because it makes sense to us, then so be it, it is as it is.

Personally, I have no argument with myself.
Okay.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 12:59 pmWell 'this' was ALSO VERY OBVIOUS, thus you did NOT have to say.
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:01 amI'll say whatever I like, as anyone else will say what they like, and is welcome to say it.
Age wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 12:59 pmyou seem to be MISREADING or MISUNDERSTANDING me here.

That's very easy for you to say when you seem to feel as though you are not being read properly and misunderstood.
Age wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 12:59 pmI NEVER even suggested that you COULD NOT say whatever you like here. I was just SAYING that there was NO NEED for you to say what you did here. As 'it' was ALREADY VERY OBVIOUS.
Well of course you and I are obviously saying the obvious, it's obvious by the way you respond to the obvious by not wanting the obvious to be made anymore obvious.
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:01 am I simply have tried and failed to understand what you are talking about. Even when you clarify, that too is often incoherent and difficult for me to grasp, I simply have no idea as to what is being meant as said, or is being said as being someone else's irrefutable truth.
Age wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 12:59 pmALSO, WHAT the IRREFUTABLE Truth IS, and HOW 'It' is FOUND and KNOWN, REVEALS that 'It' IS and WILL NEVER BE "someone else's" 'irrefutable truth'.
Well that's obvious, you didn't need to say that.
Age wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 12:59 pm Just out of curiosity, what makes 'it' an 'irrefutable truth', to you?
Ok, since you've asked dontaskme, aka me...my irrefutable truth is that there isn't an irrefutable truth.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:10 am
Age wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 12:59 pmWell 'this' was ALSO VERY OBVIOUS, thus you did NOT have to say.
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:01 amI'll say whatever I like, as anyone else will say what they like, and is welcome to say it.
Age wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 12:59 pmyou seem to be MISREADING or MISUNDERSTANDING me here.

That's very easy for you to say when you seem to feel as though you are not being read properly and misunderstood.
Well WHEN you SHOW that you are NOT reading 'me' so-called 'properly', and thus 'i' AM BEING MISUNDERSTOOD, then that IS WHY it is VERY EASY for 'me' to SAY what I DID here above.
Age wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 12:59 pmI NEVER even suggested that you COULD NOT say whatever you like here. I was just SAYING that there was NO NEED for you to say what you did here. As 'it' was ALREADY VERY OBVIOUS.
Well of course you and I are obviously saying the obvious,
BUT sometimes you do NOT. It was ONLY when you DID do 'it' above here that I THEN POINTED 'it' OUT.
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:10 am it's obvious by the way you respond to the obvious by not wanting the obvious to be made anymore obvious.
To who, EXACTLY?
Age wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 12:59 pmALSO, WHAT the IRREFUTABLE Truth IS, and HOW 'It' is FOUND and KNOWN, REVEALS that 'It' IS and WILL NEVER BE "someone else's" 'irrefutable truth'.
Well that's obvious, you didn't need to say that.
Okay. BUT WHY were you SAYING and CLAIMING 'the OPPOSITE' of what I SAID, IF what I SAID is, supposedly, obvious?
Age wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 12:59 pm Just out of curiosity, what makes 'it' an 'irrefutable truth', to you?
Ok, since you've asked dontaskme, aka me...my irrefutable truth is that there isn't an irrefutable truth.
you appear, ONCE AGAIN, to be MISREADING or MISUNDERSTANDING me here. Although you DID ANSWER ONE QUESTION you did NOT ANSWER the OTHER QUESTION. Which is even MORE PERTINENT now considering the ACTUAL example, which you HAVE PROVIDED here.

So, IF YOUR 'irrefutable truth' IS 'there is NOT an 'irrefutable truth', (which, like ALL of these ABSOLUTE CLAIMS that there is NO ACTUAL TRUTH IS JUST Truly ABSURD, CONTRADICTORY, AND VERY HYPOCRITICAL anyway), 'what' makes that so-called 'irrefutable truth' AN ACTUAL 'irrefutable truth', TO you?

Or, in OTHER WORDS, what DOES 'an irrefutable truth' CONSIST OF, or is MADE UP OF, EXACTLY?

Or, in OTHER WORDS, HOW do 'you' DISTINGUISH BETWEEN an 'irrefutable truth' FROM just say 'a truth'?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Truth is subjugation.