Zaporizhia Nuclear Power Plant

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Constantine

Zaporizhia Nuclear Power Plant

Post by Constantine »

I'm involved in alot of OSINT work and I've seen a dramatic increase of Ukrainians and Russians freaking out over the nuclear powerplant today. Russia added explosives on the roofs of the powerplant, and are saying by Friday Ukraine will launch a attack on the powerplant.... and are now driving nuclear detection vans all over the area.

Now traditionally I'd just assume this was bluster.... but after the Russians blew the dam to stop a southern thrust by Ukraine (pontoon bridges for tanks mandatory) the water reservoir north of the powerplant has significantly lowered and dried out. Russia doesn't have three lines of defense here and it is increasingly obvious Ukraine will just flank this way. The power plant sits in the middle of this all.

So it is wide open suddenly north, east and west to assault, so Russia has to move up whatever scheme it has been planning. In the end I think the Russians will blow the plant, and Europe and especially Central Asia will be irradiated like when Chernobyl had the meltdown.

Right now the Russians milbloggers are strangely coordinated in their statements. Ukraine is complete chaos freaking out and warning of russian sabotage to the plants. Russia could just retreat or fight a honest defence.... but that is not their style. I think they want to cause mass destruction.
vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Zaporizhia Nuclear Power Plant

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

What are these idiots fighting about anyway?
Constantine

Post by Constantine »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:44 am What are these idiots fighting about anyway?
Ukraine was invaded, so Ukrainians are fighting for their homeland. Russia.... too many competing theories. I could state a half dozen, but I don't have solid proof for any of the most popular theories on what motivates Putin. The news you watch usually goes through OSINT guys prior to being picked up by reporters and so I see the backwater conversation. I'm not exactly mpressrd with any of the major news outlets around the world right now. It's largely throwing darts, guessing what motivates Russia right now on anything.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Constantine wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:01 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:44 am What are these idiots fighting about anyway?
Ukraine was invaded, so Ukrainians are fighting for their homeland. Russia.... too many competing theories. I could state a half dozen, but I don't have solid proof for any of the most popular theories on what motivates Putin. The news you watch usually goes through OSINT guys prior to being picked up by reporters and so I see the backwater conversation. I'm not exactly mpressrd with any of the major news outlets around the world right now. It's largely throwing darts, guessing what motivates Russia right now on anything.
Haven't watched any news about. Why do people always say that? ''Oh, you have been watching 'mainstream media', blah blah blah blah.. I know better blah blah blah...' I'm just aware that there are humans fighting with other humans over something stupid/nothing. How unusual.
Constantine

Post by Constantine »

For the Open Source Intelligence community, main stream media picks up and publishes our info two ways.

1) Immediately and it is mistake probe.
2) Wait days, and is mistake prone, but ideologically aligned with whatever their overarching message is.

Sometimes you'll see a news report listing a Frontline reporter on Twitter. He isn't OSINT. OSINT will take from him of course, but will critically assess everything, and analysts will viciously tear one another apart. Right now a fight is brewing with some pro-Ukrainian OSINT guys saying no explosions will happen. But nobody is countering them with the change of game that the powerplant is no longer that isolated from three directions.

As to why people fight, yould have to look at classical philosophers like Chanakya. I can if you are interested but you never seem that interested in posts on this site. He is the only philosopher to achieve a 47 episode TV series dedicated to him.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

I go to 4chan /pol/ for world news these days, and don't expect accurate information until something actually happens.

Reliable Western media or news is almost non-existent now.

As to the OP, yes I've heard lots of rumors about low-yield nuclear event 'happenings' but so far, nothing's come of these.
Constantine

Post by Constantine »

Powerplant relays was disconnected from the main voltage line feeding the facility sometime overnight and is now running on an auxiliary input.

They must be seeing a ukrainian buildup somewhere on the opposite side of the former reservoir.
Constantine

Post by Constantine »

New photos were bought recently (not by me), looks less like new explosives being rigged and more like a series of infantry fighting positions and anti air being positioned. Mostly on the edge of rooftops, but one big one is more central. Russia is pumping up the rhetoric of a impending airstrike and the civilian population in the region is increasingly evacuating of their own accord.