Are the mods active?

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Darkneos

Are the mods active?

Post by Darkneos »

I just want to know because I’ve been making posts and have to keep waiting on the mods to approve them.
RickLewis

Re: Are the mods active?

Post by RickLewis »

Hello there. Two of our volunteer mods have by coincidence both been away for a little while. I was a bit busy too, and only just spotted the queue for approval of posts. Sorry about that.

For anyone new here who might be wondering, the Philosophy Now forum's settings are such that the first post by any new forum member has to be approved by a mod before it becomes visible to other forum users. We've found that this is absolutely essential to prevent the forum from becoming swamped in spam postings. Even now, looking at the lengthening moderation queue, I can see that about 80 percent of the posts waiting for approval are by spambots.

The good news is that once your first post has been approved by a moderator, all subsequent posts you make on the forum will appear immediately without needing to be pre-approved.
Darkneos

Re: Are the mods active?

Post by Darkneos »

Oh, ok then. I was just wondering. I had been waiting a few days and tried to message the mods but no response.