Sodom and Gamorrah in 2023

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Sculptor

Re: Sodom and Gamorrah in 2023

Post by Sculptor »

If I am turned into a pillar of salt will it be like nice Himalayan Pink salt?
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Wizard22 wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 10:50 am
FlashDangerpants wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 10:50 amYou cannot possibly be writing all this other stuff and confessing to pre-marital sex in the same thread.
This paradox can only be resolved if ytou were boasting about one of those "Canadian" girlfriends.
Oh, and now, all of a sudden, you become the Moral Authority???

How quickly the table turns?!

So much for moral standards...
I'm not the Godly hypocrite, you are. So you have be struck down now by God if your owen rules apply.

I don't give a fuck about you getting your nuts wet, but I also don't care about some dude banging his boyfriend, or some girl fisting her girlfriend, or somebody in between the two doing whatever works for them.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Wizard22 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 8:53 am "To each their own?"

Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Sculptor wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 11:52 amIf I am turned into a pillar of salt will it be like nice Himalayan Pink salt?
You get to be Black Hawaiian salt.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Again you're missing the point.

The point of the Allegory is that a lot of debauchery incurs God's Wrath.
I don't believe there is any such thing as God, and I wouldn't care what incured his wrath if I did believe he existed.
Nobody cares, in the 1950s, that homosexuals do their buggery in the closet, in private, away from the public realm. 2023 is not equivalent.
Anyone would think they are at it on the street, or on public transport, or something. But if, as you say, nobody cares that the issue is out in the open now, it would appear to be you who is out of step.
You are disingenuous to pretend they are. Now, it's in your face, every commercial, every tv show, every movie, everywhere, all the time.
It is not to my taste, but there are lots of things that are not to my taste. If we eliminated everything that could potentially offend somebody from TV and film, there would no longer be any TV and film.
It's in Ukraine. It's in the US military. It's in NATO. It's in your brain too
I hardly ever think about it, whereas you seem obsessed with it. I would say it's in your brain more than mine. :?
the way you defend it. The way you pretend 'it's no big deal'. You gaslight on its behalf. You are its Defender.
I don't defend "it", I defend the right to live the life that fits who or what you are. It isn't even an issue for me, let alone a big deal, so there is no need for any pretence. I'm more attacking your bigotry than defending anything else.
Harbal wrote: No, you failed; you failed to get anyone to agree with you.. As demonstrated by this nasty little thread of yours, you want to persuade others to take on the same view and attitude as yours, but social acceptance of these people that you despise is gradually increasing. If any group of people deserve smiting, it is horrible little religious bigots like you.
Ad Homs are evidence, usually proof, of a lost argument and position.

I think you're projecting here.
You obviously think yourself entitled to attach whatever pejorative label you like to those you disapprove of, while expecting immunity from criticism yourself. I can't lose an argument I'm not making; all I'm doing is drawing attention to the misanthropic nature of the set of views you are trying to dignify by calling them an argument.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Harbal wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 12:36 pm
Again you're missing the point.

The point of the Allegory is that a lot of debauchery incurs God's Wrath.
I don't believe there is any such thing as God, and I wouldn't care what incured his wrath if I did believe he existed.
Nobody cares, in the 1950s, that homosexuals do their buggery in the closet, in private, away from the public realm. 2023 is not equivalent.
Anyone would think they are at it on the street, or on public transport, or something. But if, as you say, nobody cares that the issue is out in the open now, it would appear to be you who is out of step.
You are disingenuous to pretend they are. Now, it's in your face, every commercial, every tv show, every movie, everywhere, all the time.
It is not to my taste, but there are lots of things that are not to my taste. If we eliminated everything that could potentially offend somebody from TV and film, there would no longer be any TV and film.
It's in Ukraine. It's in the US military. It's in NATO. It's in your brain too
I hardly ever think about it, whereas you seem obsessed with it. I would say it's in your brain more than mine. :?
the way you defend it. The way you pretend 'it's no big deal'. You gaslight on its behalf. You are its Defender.
I don't defend "it", I defend the right to live the life that fits who or what you are. It isn't even an issue for me, let alone a big deal, so there is no need for any pretence. I'm more attacking your bigotry than defending anything else.
Ahhhh but you do.

How clever is it for your cognitive dissonance, that you don't defend the debauchery, but only "the Right to it"? But you're wrong twice now. The degenerates were not content to stay in the closet, but they had to bring it to the street, to the office, to the bathrooms, and now to the classrooms, to teach their filth to infantile minds (like yours) who cannot defend themselves. Thus, it was never about the filth and smut, in and of itself. It was about something bigger—a social movement called Marxism.

The sexual pollution is significant of something larger. That you defend. Without even realizing how or why you defend it.

Harbal wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 12:36 pmYou obviously think yourself entitled to attach whatever pejorative label you like to those you disapprove of, while expecting immunity from criticism yourself. I can't lose an argument I'm not making; all I'm doing is drawing attention to the misanthropic nature of the set of views you are trying to dignify by calling them an argument.
I welcome criticism, little one.

I just feel bad "punching-down" to the likes of you. I mean, if you want to throw mud and fæces, at least present a reasonable, rational point, here and there.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Wizard22 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 8:12 am But you don't clarify what you mean by "proper love".
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

I'm still waiting for your response...dontaskme.

Did I miss it?

The first example you used of 'proper love' was masturbatory, was it not??
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Wizard22 wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 12:53 pm
I'm still waiting for your response...dontaskme.

Did I miss it?

The first example you used of 'proper love' was masturbatory, was it not??
NOT
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Wizard22 wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 12:45 pm
How clever is it for your cognitive dissonance, that you don't defend the debauchery, but only "the Right to it"?
I don't remember agreeing to any definition of the word, "debauchery", so this doesn't mean anything to me.
The degenerates were not content to stay in the closet, but they had to bring it to the street, to the office, to the bathrooms,
Why should people have to lock away their true identity just because it might disturb a few would be religious dictators? If I had as little regard for personal freedom as you, I would demand that religion should be driven into the closet.
to teach their filth to infantile minds (like yours) who cannot defend themselves.
I know very little about the subject, and I certainly haven't received any teaching on it. :?
The sexual pollution is significant of something larger. That you defend. Without even realizing how or why you defend it.
No, it is the religious pollution that is significant here. You attack something without realising why, other than its being condemned by the mythological character you call God. I don't see why people should have to suffer just because a few nutters like you believe something harmful and stupid.