Alec Baldwin

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Iwannaplato

Re: Alec Baldwin

Post by Iwannaplato »

Harbal wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:16 am
Agent Smith wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:56 am Alec Baldwin was tried in a court of justice, which means evidence was presented, witnesses took the stand, arguments were made and then he was acquitted. End of story.
Yes, but we have the advantage of not being there in court, and not being aware of all the evidence, which puts us in a far better position to arrive at a proper verdict. :?
A very funny response, but shouldn't we...like...take note...of the clarity of AS's first couple of sentences in that post? How out of the mists the figure of a well-defined assertion stepped forward?

What is it about the Alec Baldmin case that elicited such a rhetoric-free lack of ambiguity and creativity from Agent Smith?

Sometimes opportunities like this knock only once.
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

Agent Smith wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:56 am Alec Baldwin was tried in a court of justice, which means evidence was presented, witnesses took the stand, arguments were made and then he was acquitted. End of story.
Yes, but we have the advantage of not being there in court, and not being aware of all the evidence, which puts us in a far better position to arrive at a proper verdict. :?
You have a point! The tree in my sister's compound agrees with ya.
Last edited by Agent Smith on Tue May 02, 2023 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

mickthinks wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:13 am Wait for what, AS? For you to offer a cogently reasoned idea of your own?
We must explore all possibilities.

Post by Age »

Iwannaplato wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:13 am
A very funny response, but shouldn't we...like...take note...of the clarity of AS's first couple of sentences in that post? How out of the mists the figure of a well-defined assertion stepped forward?

What is it about the Alec Baldmin case that elicited such a rhetoric-free lack of ambiguity and creativity from Agent Smith?

But the first sentence of "agent smith" here included the 'evidence' word, and this could be one of the most ambiguous words, which existed in the days when this is being written. That sentence also includes the 'argument' word, which can also be a VERY ambiguous word.

Furthermore, that sentence says that "alex baldwin" was acquitted, which some might misconstrue as that meaning that "alec baldwin" was actually NOT guilty, which is OBVIOUSLY VERY False.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Age wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:08 pm

But the first sentence of "agent smith" here included the 'evidence' word, and this could be one of the most ambiguous words, which existed in the days when this is being written. That sentence also includes the 'argument' word, which can also be a VERY ambiguous word.

Furthermore, that sentence says that "alex baldwin" was acquitted, which some might misconstrue as that meaning that "alec baldwin" was actually NOT guilty, which is OBVIOUSLY VERY False.
Very good points age. Furthermore, if someone were reading your post, someone might skip over the word NOT, even though you took great care to capitalize it, and think that you said "meaning that "alec baldwin" was actually guilty", which of course is OBVIOUSLY VERY False.

In fact it seems as if the ways someone could misunderstand just about anything written here are bordering on infinite!
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

It was just my way of agreeing with what I took Agent Smith's comment to mean.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:14 pm

Very good points age. Furthermore, if someone were reading your post, someone might skip over the word NOT, even though you took great care to capitalize it, and think that you said "meaning that "alec baldwin" was actually guilty", which of course is OBVIOUSLY VERY False.

In fact it seems as if the ways someone could misunderstand just about anything written here are bordering on infinite!
Seriously?
If your apparant quoting of Age is not falsified, Age was merely pointing out the versatility of Agent Smith's. So, for you, Flannel Jesus, to then adminster Old Testament justice on Age and his post....

I'm aghast.

Fortunately both of your intents and acts are thoroughly ambiguous. I am making a conscious decision to, from this moment forward, view this series of posts as praising each other in the William Empson tradition. Consider me on team generative...

iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

Iwannaplato wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:15 pm

Seriously?
If your apparant quoting of Age is not falsified, Age was merely pointing out the versatility of Agent Smith's. So, for you, Flannel Jesus, to then adminster Old Testament justice on Age and his post....

I'm aghast.

Fortunately both of your intents and acts are thoroughly ambiguous. I am making a conscious decision to, from this moment forward, view this series of posts as praising each other in the William Empson tradition. Consider me on team generative...

Note to Alec Baldwin:

Weigh in please.

Post by Age »

Iwannaplato wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:15 pm

Seriously?

I'm aghast.

This post, and even thread, is now further PROOF of the statement;

And, as I have been continually POINTING OUT and SAYING here, in this forum, it is ONLY through OBTAINING CLARIFICATION, and/or CLARITY, that MISUNDERSTANDING DIMINISHES and UNDERSTANDING PREVAILS.
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

You failed! Miserably!! :D Hehe!

Whaddaya mean?!

You got an F minus!!! Hahaha! Loser, L-O-S-E-R!!!

Look here, bozo, I ...

F-A-I-L-E-D!!!

What the ...?