another problem of evil

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Harbal

Re: another problem of evil

Post by Harbal »

Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:20 am
Harbal wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:50 am If baked beans are evil, it should say so on the label. :evil:
Do you think Lucifer wears a name tag 'Evil'? Nay. It is we who must suss these things out.
Okay, they should put 666 on the label, then. :|
Walker

Post by Walker »

Harbal wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:36 am
Walker wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:44 am
Harbal wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:33 am

The example you give is an example of senselessness; is that what you intended?
It's an example referencing the sentence that preceded it in the original context.
But the sentence that preceded it didn't make any sense either;

"Those who don't die in order to remain consistant with their self-concept shall be born to a new self-concept."
It makes perfect sense in the context that preceded that sentence.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Walker wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:22 pm It makes perfect sense in the context that preceded that sentence.
Possibly, but only to you. :?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Harbal wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:30 pm
Walker wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:22 pm It makes perfect sense in the context that preceded that sentence.
So you say.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Walker wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:37 pm
So you say.
I'm not the only one who says it. I sent a PM out to most of the active members of the forum, and every single one of them totally agrees with me.
Walker

Post by Walker »

When new I made the offer that if anyone wants me gone, speak up.

It still stands.

Speak up if you must.

Otherwise, guess you'll just have to up your game.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Walker wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:28 pm When new I made the offer that if anyone wants me gone, speak up.

It still stands.

Speak up if you must.

Sure, I'd love it if you were gone, again, so it sticks this time.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Harbal wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:06 pm

So you say.
I'm not the only one who says it. I sent a PM out to most of the active members of the forum, and every single one of them totally agrees with me.
Harbal, your game is snark. So, we play the Snark Game. Some play the Vicious Attacking of Christianity Game, so we get to play that sometimes.

Some play the censorship and banishment game.

A very few play the Sincerity Game, which is one I recommend for philosophy, that is unless one is sincerely expressing their love of unicorns.

Keep in mind that these games are mentioned the context of your fragmented existence here, within a philosophy forum where other types of games are less appropriate such as the Whining Game, the Woe-Is-Me Game, and the ever-popular Unsupported Leftist Assertions Game.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:38 pm
Walker wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:28 pm When new I made the offer that if anyone wants me gone, speak up.

It still stands.

Speak up if you must.

Sure, I'd love it if you were gone, again, so it sticks this time.
No problem. Frame it.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Harbal wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:27 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:42 pm
Harbal wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:11 pm We all use the word, "evil", but I have no idea what we mean by it. :?
Yes you do.

Evil is whatever you do not like.
I don't like baked beans. :|
Thanks for agreeing.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Advocate wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:40 am
Greatest I am wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:22 pm
Advocate wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:48 am Somewhere, sometime, someone was born just in time be covered in lava. Mysterious ways indeed.
Do you believe in Gaia?

Doubtful, but nature would have to be a conscious entity for us to see evil intent.

Hint. Mens Rea.

Can nature be accused of doing evil?

Without an evil intent, there is no evil.

Gaia did not gain the pleasure evil acts pay and would not do as you think of her. No that she is real.

Regards
DL
The Gaia hypothesis is either that the Earth is a sentient being (bullshit) or that the Earth's ecosystem can be understood as a giant organism (metaphorical, true).

"Good" has the misfortune in English of opposing both bad (effect) and evil (intent).
I see no misfortune, just a position, but no argument.

Regards
DL
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Walker wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:48 pm
Harbal wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:06 pm
So you say.
Harbal, your game is snark. So, we play the Snark Game. Some play the Vicious Attacking of Christianity Game
And the bash "The Left" game, and the men who dress like women must be child molesters, enen though there is no logical connection, game. :?
Keep in mind that these games are mentioned the context of your fragmented existence here, within a philosophy forum where other types of games are less appropriate such as the Whining Game, the Woe-Is-Me Game, and the ever-popular Unsupported Leftist Assertions Game.
I only play the whatever amuses me at the time game. 8)
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Greatest I am wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:58 pm
Harbal wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:27 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:42 pm

Yes you do.

Evil is whatever you do not like.
I don't like baked beans. :|
Thanks for agreeing.

Regards
DL
What are we agreeing on? That baked beans are evil? :twisted:

Post by Age »

Advocate wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:48 am Somewhere, sometime, someone was born just in time be covered in lava. Mysterious ways indeed.
Absolutely NOTHING AT ALL so-called 'mysterious' here.

The creature and animal species known as 'human beings' have children, which are born.

These children so-call 'grow up' or 'mature' and CHOOSE to live near what are called 'volcanoes'.

Volcanoes erupt, sometimes WITH 'lava', and on occasions BEFORE A 'warning' is given.

Human beings keep 'giving birth' to children, and, children STILL keep 'being born', relatively, with NO matter AT ALL to what is 'happening' outside of the birthing human body. So, what this MEANS IS that human bodies are 'being born' even WHEN 'volcanoes' are erupting, which are PROVIDING 'lava' to an ALWAYS CHANGING, and thus LIVING, 'earth'. Sometimes new born human bodies get covered in 'lava'. Depending, OF COURSE, on WHERE and WHEN the "OTHER" human beings CHOOSE to reside.

So, there is absolutely NOTHING 'mysterious' AT ALL here.

AND, let us NOT FORGET that WITHOUT 'volcanoes' and 'lava' the 'creature', human being, would NOT have even come to exist, 'in the beginning'.

Now, WHERE, and WHY, some of 'you', adult human beings, CHOOSE to live WHERE and WHEN 'you' DO, may well be considered ACTUALLY 'mysterious' here.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:51 am Well, according to IC the newly born infant either deserved it or benefitted from it. God only does things according to a benevolent "plan".
The ALREADY SET OUT PLAN IS 'benevolent'.

But what some of 'you', adult human beings, CHOOSE to think and DO, EXACTLY, however, is CERTAINLY NOT 'benevolent' AT ALL.