Hands On or Hands Off?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Agent Smith

Re: Hands On or Hands Off?

Post by Agent Smith »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:41 pm
Agent Smith wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:30 am The question is intriguing to people from all walks in life, but may be of particular significance to those who know what evil spirits really are.

"So you see this is (bang) which means (thump)" said Jonathan, smugly. "Can you repeat that?! We didn't hear a thing! What on earth is going on out there?!" cried someone from the crowd. A diminutive man wearing a grey T-shirt and khaki pants stood up, proclaiming, "I heard everything! If Mr. Jonathan is (clang) then, perforce, we're (bang) and that should (thump). Isn't that awesome?!" "What?!" "Speak louder!" "Someone call the sound guys." "Tell those construction workers to take a 5 minute break for chrissakes!" Silence ... "Er guys, that wasn't exactly what we thought it was!" said a voice. "Why, whatever do you mean? OMG! Run!!!"
What are "evil spirits", "really"? As far as I know, "evil" is something to be opposed. However, that leaves the question open, "What ought to be opposed"? If we are supposed to oppose "evil" then it might help to flesh out a little better what "evil" is. Any ideas?
Good call, but I lack the wherewithal to do what you're asking me to do - for some people even simple things are impossible.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:38 am
Age wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:11 am
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:59 pm

I didn't know humans had a "purpose".
Okay, now you DO.
Good for me! (I hope.) What is our "purpose",
To learn, and teach.
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:38 am knowledgeable and wise Age?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 4:50 am
Age wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:11 am

Okay, now you DO.
To learn, and teach.
Is there anything in particular that people should learn or teach? Or should people just learn and teach whatever they happen to know or be in contact with?

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:10 pm

To learn, and teach.
Is there anything in particular that people should learn or teach?
I suggest learning, and teaching, what is Right in life, as opposed to teaching, and learning, to "justify" those Wrong things in Life that 'you', adult human beings do.

What will ALSO eventually become CRYSTAL CLEAR to 'you', human beings, IS teaching what is Right in Life IS what IS, ACTUALLY, Right in Life.
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:10 pm Or should people just learn and teach whatever they happen to know or be in contact with?
But this is what 'you' people do anyway.

'you' teach, and learn, MANY 'things' that are ACTUALLY Wrong in Life, while learning, and teaching, 'them' as though 'they' are true, right/good, and/or correct when 'they' CERTAINLY ARE NOT.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:48 pm

To learn, and teach.

I suggest learning, and teaching, what is Right in life, as opposed to teaching, and learning, to "justify" those Wrong things in Life that 'you', adult human beings do.

What will ALSO eventually become CRYSTAL CLEAR to 'you', human beings, IS teaching what is Right in Life IS what IS, ACTUALLY, Right in Life.
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:10 pm Or should people just learn and teach whatever they happen to know or be in contact with?

'you' teach, and learn, MANY 'things' that are ACTUALLY Wrong in Life, while learning, and teaching, 'them' as though 'they' are true, right/good, and/or correct when 'they' CERTAINLY ARE NOT.
OK. What is the "right" thing to teach?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Agent Smith wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:07 am
Agent Smith wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:30 am The question is intriguing to people from all walks in life, but may be of particular significance to those who know what evil spirits really are.

"So you see this is (bang) which means (thump)" said Jonathan, smugly. "Can you repeat that?! We didn't hear a thing! What on earth is going on out there?!" cried someone from the crowd. A diminutive man wearing a grey T-shirt and khaki pants stood up, proclaiming, "I heard everything! If Mr. Jonathan is (clang) then, perforce, we're (bang) and that should (thump). Isn't that awesome?!" "What?!" "Speak louder!" "Someone call the sound guys." "Tell those construction workers to take a 5 minute break for chrissakes!" Silence ... "Er guys, that wasn't exactly what we thought it was!" said a voice. "Why, whatever do you mean? OMG! Run!!!"
What are "evil spirits", "really"? As far as I know, "evil" is something to be opposed. However, that leaves the question open, "What ought to be opposed"? If we are supposed to oppose "evil" then it might help to flesh out a little better what "evil" is. Any ideas?
Good call, but I lack the wherewithal to do what you're asking me to do - for some people even simple things are impossible.
Well if it's a "simple thing" to define what is "evil" then I seem to be incapable of doing the "simple" as well. I guess we're both in a similar boat in that respect. Welcome to my life raft! Feel free to sit wherever I'm not, or if it comes down to it, you're welcome to throw me overboard if there's no other room. I doubt "surviving" is that terribly important anyway. The "winner" only inherits this screwed-up world to contend with. I'm sure the "winner's" children will grow up to quarrel and struggle with each other the same as we do, at least until the Sun explodes or whatever ends the whole ordeal.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:54 pm

Teaching ONLY 'that' which IS True, Right, Accurate, and Correct in Life ARE the Right 'things' to teach.

AND, if one does NOT YET KNOW how to DIFFERENTIATE, EXACTLY, between what IS NOT True, Right, Accurate, and Correct FROM what IS ACTUALLY True, Right, Accurate, and Correct, THEN that is a SURE SIGN that that one was NOT been taught what IS ACTUALLY Right, in Life.

SEE, learning HOW to KNOW the DIFFERENCE between what IS Right FROM what IS NOT IS what IS Right, in Life.

'This', however, may not become CRYSTAL CLEAR for some until 'later on'.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:20 am

Teaching ONLY 'that' which IS True, Right, Accurate, and Correct in Life ARE the Right 'things' to teach.

AND, if one does NOT YET KNOW how to DIFFERENTIATE, EXACTLY, between what IS NOT True, Right, Accurate, and Correct FROM what IS ACTUALLY True, Right, Accurate, and Correct, THEN that is a SURE SIGN that that one was NOT been taught what IS ACTUALLY Right, in Life.

SEE, learning HOW to KNOW the DIFFERENCE between what IS Right FROM what IS NOT IS what IS Right, in Life.

Do you know what is actually "right" in life or do you not? If so, can you teach me? Or if you can't teach me what is "right, accurate, and correct" then what do you want me to do about it? Make a blind guess? Throw darts at an ouija board and pretend they're the right answers for you?

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:27 am
Age wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:20 am

Do you know what is actually "right" in life or do you not?
YES I DO. DO 'you'?
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:27 am If so, can you teach me?
YES. BUT just so you are FULLY AWARE I can NOT teach absolutely ANY 'thing' to absolutely ANY one who does NOT Truly WANT TO LEARN.
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:27 am Or if you can't teach me what is "right, accurate, and correct" then what do you want me to do about it?
Moot.
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:27 am Make a blind guess?
I do NOT understand this statement, or question.
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:27 am Throw darts at an ouija board and pretend they're the right answers for you?
WHERE are 'you' GOING with 'this' now "gary childress"?

UNTIL CLARIFICATION IS GIVEN one could say that what we have here is ANOTHER GREAT EXAMPLE of BELIEFS and/or PRESUMPTIONS, AGAIN, literally, leading one COMPLETELY ASTRAY.

My ANSWER to your QUESTION, 'Can I teach you?' WAS 'YES'. So, if you were NOT BELIEVING or NOT PRESUMING some OTHER ANSWER here WHY were you GOING DOWN this line of QUESTIONING here?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:42 am
YES. BUT just so you are FULLY AWARE I can NOT teach absolutely ANY 'thing' to absolutely ANY one who does NOT Truly WANT TO LEARN.
That's a strange response. Who would not want to learn the truth? Why would I not want to learn the truth (assuming it's something good, appropriate or at least satisfactory in some sense)

Fire away! Let me know what the truth is. I'll only give you a disclaimer ahead of time that I may not be an easy "sell" depending on how solid your case appears to me. If it's not, then I'm sorry but it might conceivably be stupid (in my experience, depending) for me to just hop on board without enough evidence or else common sense behind the choice to agree with you.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:02 am
That's a strange response.
Is it REALLY?

If yes, then WHY, EXACTLY?

you ASKED, 'Can you teach me?' I answered, 'Yes'. So, HOW, EXACTLY, could 'that' be INTERPRETED as 'strange'? Unless, OF COURSE, you BELIEVE or ASSUME that I can NOT.

Or, maybe you find STRANGE the NEXT sentence I wrote in MY RESPONSE.
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:02 am Who would not want to learn the truth?
Maybe BECAUSE you have 'now' ADDED the 'truth' word is the reason WHY you find MY RESPONSE 'strange'.

Are you even AWARE that you ASKED me;

'Do you know what is actually "right" in life or do you not? If so, can you teach me?'

So, WHY, EXACTLY, have you ADDED the 'truth' word INTO 'this' here now?
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:02 am Why would I not want to learn the truth (assuming it's something good, appropriate or at least satisfactory in some sense)
BUT the 'truth' was NEVER even talked ABOUT, UNTIL you introduced 'this word' just 'now' in 'this post'.
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:02 am Fire away! Let me know what the truth is.
This REALLY WAS how SIMPLE and EASY these people, back then, REALLY DID get SO DISTRACTED.

So, IF 'you' WANT to KNOW what 'the truth' IS, now, THEN 'you' WILL HAVE TO INFORM us of what 'that truth' is IN RELATION TO, EXACTLY?

AND, WHY did 'you' CHANGE from 'what IS Right', to, 'what the truth is', EXACTLY?
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:02 am I'll only give you a disclaimer ahead of time that I may not be an easy "sell" depending on how solid your case appears to me.
I WILL INFORM 'you' that 'I' AM WAITING for 'you' TO DECIDE what 'it' IS, EXACTLY, which 'you' are WANTING and SEEKING here.

Also, are you under some sort of ILLUSION that your disclaimer here would NOT apply to absolutely EVERY person?

Were you EXPECTING that you are the only one who bases your 'buying' on how SOLID A CASE appears, to them?
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:02 am If it's not, then I'm sorry but it might conceivably be stupid (in my experience, depending) for me to just hop on board without enough evidence or else common sense behind the choice to agree with you.
But was it NOT 'you', "gary childress", who was going on before about having to GUESS and/or ASSUME 'things' WITHOUT have ALL of the information or ACTUAL Facts?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:28 am

Is it REALLY?

you ASKED, 'Can you teach me?' I answered, 'Yes'. So, HOW, EXACTLY, could 'that' be INTERPRETED as 'strange'? Unless, OF COURSE, you BELIEVE or ASSUME that I can NOT.

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:02 am Who would not want to learn the truth?
Maybe BECAUSE you have 'now' ADDED the 'truth' word is the reason WHY you find MY RESPONSE 'strange'.

'Do you know what is actually "right" in life or do you not? If so, can you teach me?'

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:02 am Why would I not want to learn the truth (assuming it's something good, appropriate or at least satisfactory in some sense)
BUT the 'truth' was NEVER even talked ABOUT, UNTIL you introduced 'this word' just 'now' in 'this post'.
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:02 am Fire away! Let me know what the truth is.
This REALLY WAS how SIMPLE and EASY these people, back then, REALLY DID get SO DISTRACTED.

So, IF 'you' WANT to KNOW what 'the truth' IS, now, THEN 'you' WILL HAVE TO INFORM us of what 'that truth' is IN RELATION TO, EXACTLY?

AND, WHY did 'you' CHANGE from 'what IS Right', to, 'what the truth is', EXACTLY?
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:02 am I'll only give you a disclaimer ahead of time that I may not be an easy "sell" depending on how solid your case appears to me.
I WILL INFORM 'you' that 'I' AM WAITING for 'you' TO DECIDE what 'it' IS, EXACTLY, which 'you' are WANTING and SEEKING here.

Also, are you under some sort of ILLUSION that your disclaimer here would NOT apply to absolutely EVERY person?

Were you EXPECTING that you are the only one who bases your 'buying' on how SOLID A CASE appears, to them?
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:02 am If it's not, then I'm sorry but it might conceivably be stupid (in my experience, depending) for me to just hop on board without enough evidence or else common sense behind the choice to agree with you.
But was it NOT 'you', "gary childress", who was going on before about having to GUESS and/or ASSUME 'things' WITHOUT have ALL of the information or ACTUAL Facts?
OK. Let's proceed then. You stated that you know what is "right". I would like to learn from you what is right. As an explanation to your inquiry above: I added the word "truth" only because I would like to know what is the right thing for me to do, not just what is the right thing for me to do in your opinion. For example, if you tell me the "right" thing to do is to fetch your slippers, I may ask you why is that the "right" thing to do and not the contrary of that? (in other words, you'll have to show me that your "right thing" has the logical value of "true") In any case, let's stop complicating things and stop worrying about contingencies other than the real question we're interested in. Feel free to ignore everything except for the sentence at the bottom of this post. Or you may comment on everything else I've written, however, if you don't answer the sentence at the bottom, then I may lose interest in this conversation and put you back on ignore.

What is the right thing to teach?
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:03 am
Agent Smith wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:07 am

Well if it's a "simple thing" to define what is "evil" then I seem to be incapable of doing the "simple" as well. I guess we're both in a similar boat in that respect. Welcome to my life raft! Feel free to sit wherever I'm not, or if it comes down to it, you're welcome to throw me overboard if there's no other room. I doubt "surviving" is that terribly important anyway. The "winner" only inherits this screwed-up world to contend with. I'm sure the "winner's" children will grow up to quarrel and struggle with each other the same as we do, at least until the Sun explodes or whatever ends the whole ordeal.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apologies but it appears that I've lost the plot. No matter, I'm not going to lose my life because of it. Ah! Now I see what you mean. Good to know you're tracking the ball, quite well I must say.

"Have you ever played soccer?" asked Fred. "Nope," replied Henry. "Then you won't understand," said Fred. "I play golf, does it have to be soccer?" inquired Henry. "The two of you haven't played squash have you?" Barry remarked. "No we haven't," Fred and Henry replied, at the same time. "Jinx!" cried out Emma. Everybody laughed.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:37 am
Age wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:28 am

Is it REALLY?

OK. Let's proceed then. You stated that you know what is "right".
Just to be ABSOLUTELY CLEAR you asked me;
Do you know what is actually "right" in life or do you not? To which I stated, 'YES I DO', and, asked you, 'DO you?' Which we STILL have received NO reply to.
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:37 am I would like to learn from you what is right.
What is 'right' in relation to, EXACTLY, which you want to learn, from me?

I said and stated that I KNOW what is Right, in relation to 'Life'.

For me to be able to teach you things, then you have to be VERY SPECIFIC about what 'it' IS, EXACTLY, which you want to learn about.

What IS Right, in Life, to me, is providing LOVE, GUIDANCE, CARE, and SUPPORT to younger ones to NOT abuse absolutely ANY 'thing', and by doing so 'one' is TEACHING 'them', what IS ACTUALLY Right in Life, more so by ACTUAL behavior, or 'by actions', rather than by just words alone.

By just DOING 'this' one is DOING what IS, ACTUALLY, Right, in Life. Well to me anyway.

Also, what you would like here, that is; to learn, from 'me', what is right, SHOWS and PROVES that you have NOT YET RECEIVED ACTUAL proper and correct GUIDANCE in Life, which, by the way, is what ALL of 'us' have WANTED, 'from the beginning'.
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:37 am As an explanation to your inquiry above: I added the word "truth" only because I would like to know what is the right thing for me to do, not just what is the right thing for me to do in your opinion.
Ah okay. But if you REALLY want to KNOW what IS ACTUALLY and IRREFUTABLY the Right thing for you to do, then ONLY you COULD and WILL KNOW, for sure, what 'that' IS, EXACTLY.

Now, if you would like to LEARN to KNOW HOW you COULD and WILL KNOW 'that', FOR SURE, all by "your" OWN 'self', then that is ANOTHER process, which you NEED to be Truly Honest, Open, and seriously Want to CHANGE, for the better. That is HOW 'that' WORKS.
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:37 am For example, if you tell me the "right" thing to do is to fetch your slippers, I may ask you why is that the "right" thing to do and not the contrary of that? (in other words, you'll have to show me that your "right thing" has the logical value of "true") In any case, let's stop complicating things and stop worrying about contingencies other than the real question we're interested in.
BUT, the QUESTIONS I am INTERESTED IN have ALREADY PROVEN to be DIFFERENT FROM the QUESTIONS you are INTERESTED IN.

Anyway, if you REALLY would like to KNOW what is the Right thing to DO, in Life, then just do NOT ABUSE ANY 'one', (if you do NOT like me saying 'thing').

This is fairly OBVIOUS and would go WITHOUT SAYING, would it NOT?

SEE, what IS IRREFUTABLY True, Right, and Correct, in Life, is ALREADY KNOWN, WITHIN. 'They', however, were just UNCONSCIOUSLY KNOWN, by most of you, in the days when this was being written.

BUT, if we take the above example of, Do NOT abuse ANY 'one' IS the Right 'thing' to DO, in Life, then we can SEE that what IS ACTUALLY True, and Right, in Life is ACTUALLY VERY EASY and VERY SIMPLE to FIND, or UNCOVER, correct?

It just takes Honesty, OPENNESS, a Want to CHANGE, for the better, WITH ACTUAL REAL CURIOSITY.
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:37 am Feel free to ignore everything except for the sentence at the bottom of this post.
Okay, and thank you. BUT, I ALREADY KNOW that 'I' AM ABSOLUTELY FREE to DO absolutely ANY 'thing' of my OWN CHOOSING.
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:37 am Or you may comment on everything else I've written,
AGAIN, thank you for THE PERMISSION, but it was UNNECESSARY, REALLY.

By the way, I had responded, and commented, ALREADY, anyway.
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:37 am however, if you don't answer the sentence at the bottom, then I may lose interest in this conversation and put you back on ignore.
Okay.
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:37 am What is the right thing to teach?
ALREADY ANSWERED. See above.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:37 am
Anyway, if you REALLY would like to KNOW what is the Right thing to DO, in Life, then just do NOT ABUSE ANY 'one', (if you do NOT like me saying 'thing').

Fair enough. Sounds reasonable to me.