Screw Religion

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dubious

Re: Screw Religion

Post by Dubious »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:55 am
Dubious wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:23 am
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:00 am

Hindsight seems to be 20/20, doesn't it? As a mindless squiggle huffing and puffing toward the finish line I probably had no idea what the end result would be. All that my proto-sentient reflexes knew how to do was beat out a bunch of other squiggles at swimming. Maybe they were even bigger losers than I am. I don't know. My dad gave the best he had to offer. Maybe not good enough for this world, but I love him and mom just the same. They've given me the best life they could. I am thankful for them. :)
In that case you were more fortunate than I was. I never knew my father; he died a few months after I was born. He was 27 years old. Things would have been much different and much better had that not happened.
I'm sorry to hear of that loss. Also surprised, you seem to have turned out with sharp wits. That's more than can be said of me. :oops:
Thanks, but it's ancient history now. Though there are some differences between us, as there is bound to be since no one thinks exactly alike, we all try to make sense of our existence even though many of the explanations don't make sense at all! It seems apparent that human nature also requires the senseless be included as a more complete and complex definition of who we are. Is it possible for our style of consciousness to even exist without a fair degree of insanity intermixed! The evolution of intelligence, seemingly, cannot proceed without the inclusion of its shadow side. There appears to be another boundary we must cross before transitioning into a reharmonized mindset more foreign than the one we now yield to.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Religion is a bit screwed up to be honest, it has no authentic information about what happens when we die. And yet Immanuel Can goes on to talk about it as if it is some kind of actual experienced human event, that really does happen to us, especially when we don't practice absolute devotional service to God and his word.
I've tried to discuss this idea with IC, but he ignores the issue. IC has talked about death as being an actual human event, but when I questioned him about that, putting to him that one would have to personally experience death to have any authoritive knowledge of the experience. IC just freezed up on the issue, promptly telling me he's not playing my game. And yet the sanctimonious hypocrisy of religion states; you will die, almost as if the idea of death is a kind of game to prevent you from waking up to yourself and finding out who you really are.

What happens when you die is not directly verified through experience. And yet, this is the central theme every religion is crafted around, and woe betide any one who does not believe; you will be punished if you reject their myths.

Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

This just in: Every ass has a dick in it! Why else are we so, so, er, ... ? My dick is not for religion so I can't screw religion. Some have though! Kudos to them, it must've been fun, but the dick is still in the ass.

:lol:

On a more serious note, religion is meant for something important. Does anyone know what that is?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Agent Smith wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:55 am This just in: Every ass has a dick in it! Why else are we so, so, er, ... ? My dick is not for religion so I can't screw religion. Some have though! Kudos to them, it must've been fun, but the dick is still in the ass.
I'm not talking about this in a crude dick up the arse kind of way, which is an uncouth way of looking at it, not my speak, urgh!

I'm talking more about the kind of screw that is being cheated or swindled out of the truth, kind of like being lied to, or being screwed over when charged money for some one to tell you what you already know.

Preachers of religion are like sales people trying to sell you something, when this is not for sale.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Agent Smith wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:55 am On a more serious note, religion is meant for something important. Does anyone know what that is?
Surprise me :o
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:58 am
Agent Smith wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:55 am On a more serious note, religion is meant for something important. Does anyone know what that is?
Surprise me :o
:mrgreen: