Belinda's intervention thread

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

FlashDangerpants

Belinda's intervention thread

Post by FlashDangerpants »

It's time to help Belinda with a crippling addiction she has to invoking God as any random noun, this is to save her from a fate wrse than smurf where you end having to smurf the smurf to search for some context in which her smurf isn't compeletely smurfless.

Just yesterday it turns out that the word God when used by "philosophers" means "ideas that transcend the human brain-mind."
Belinda wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:30 pm
FlashDangerpants wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:43 am
Belinda wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:16 pm I sometimes discuss God in an objective spirit and suggest that it could be a helpful idea if people could and would regard God as a human creation.
But sometimes you only bring God into it because you were asked about a circular depency in an argument you presented, and rather than just recognise that the circularity is a problem you opt to bullshit instead. So you can keep that umbrage of yours bottled up, you don't have the right to spill it today.
'God' for philosophers refers to a reality that makes sense even if there were no living beings in the universe. The word God is a place holder for ideas that transcend the human brain-mind.

Some people ( I guess most theists) think 'God' refers to a supernatural person who intervenes in history.
But sadly it also means "moral realism"
Belinda wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:52 am I credited you with the understanding that God is another name for moral realism.
Somewhat inconveniently though it also means something unintelligible about moral codes
Belinda wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:46 am I'll try once again to get through to you that when a philosopher refers to God the name 'God' is shorthand for fixed facts or fixed moral code which are eternally and objectively the case, and are not relative to transient situations.
But it never means the same thing that Immanual Can uses it to mean.

There's more of these things, I can't be bothered doing the full sweep of all the unrelated things she has actually used "God" to mean that aren't God. It is time she stopped though, or else she must quit trying to gaslight people with this shit.

We love you Belinda and we want you to get better.
attofishpi

Re: Belinda's intervention thread

Post by attofishpi »

I admit. That of all the people on this forum where it comes to the """GOD""" concept, Belinda has confused the whithering synapses out of me.

Pretty certain that in her POV God is a man made concept (*not created like an AI 'God') - thus Belinda is an atheist, that has some fondness of what Christ brought to the firmament of consideration.

An infidel, nonetheless.

(please continue to work out any other reasons Belinda continues in her atheism to vomit God)
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Oh, I thought she was a pantheist, or something like that with with extra Ns in for some reason, panenthenneneneism or somesuch.

I'm an atheist, but I'm the proper sort that can't be arsed with anything much that happens in the religion sub. I'm the atheist that Iammnuel Can thinks it is impossible to be.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

..and I am the Christian that IC would likely consider me not.

Pantheists? Just call 'em atheists ne way..at least by a Spinoza account.

I'd be interested to hear Belinda talk about Panentheism if she is more that way swayed..
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

I'd just like to wish Belinda the best of luck on her road to recovery then. You gotta take it one day at a time Belinda and don't overwhelm yourself by setting impossible goals.