Someone, everyone, please take this seriously.

What did you say? And what did you mean by it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Iwannaplato

Re: Someone, eeryone, please take this seriously.

Post by Iwannaplato »

roydop wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:14 pm So why doesn't someone here explain to me the logic and reasoning (how it "makes sense") of the current "anything", "something", "everything", "nothing" model? Break it down so it's all crystal clear, please.
It's not an easy model to come at. For me personally, I am not a materialist. I have nothing invested, no puns intended, in defending a materialist model, Nevertheless your presentation is not quite coherent. Right from the start you deal with one facet of English as if it is an organized but incorrect model of reality and focus on four very abstract pronouns as if they rule the way we think. But materialism is built into language in a disorganized, complicated way and you're focusing there seems odd and misleading. Again, note, it's not that I think a) materialism is not built into the language. I think it is, though in a sloppy, sometimes contradictory, often metaphorical way. b) nor do I think that materialism is correct.
Anything, everything, something, nothing. These four words consitute the base of the model of the construction of reality of the English language.
Right from the start of your argument I find it confused. And confused is much harder to respond to then something that is incorrect or false.

Those words are generally taken to be material things. Though dualists (in the usual philosophical sense, say with matter and spirit or matter and mind dualisms) use those words also and happily include non-physical things in their models. Even extreme idealists. Even substance monisms that are not PHYSICALISM/MATERIALISM monisms manage to use those words also. They do not necessarily entail physicalism, but since most modern Westerners at least tend to be materialists, sure they tend to refer to physical things.

But futher, more importantly, we as individuals do NOT get materialism through those found every abstract pronouns. Before kids are using those words much they are already steeped in their parents worldviews (and by the way, many of those world views are not materialst, they are often dualist, with a diminismment of the importance of the physical realm ((and yes, I understand that you see those people as confused in their way, but my point is that look at this, we are already all over the place right from the get go because your presentation is much less coherent and based in reality than you think it is. Your presentation, the way you go about challenging materialism. Not your conclusions, not your experiences, but your presentation and right from the beginning.)))

You presentation is a kind of straw man. Not that you are wrong about language, but what you take as the core model...I mean, seriously, those four words are not a model of materialism, nor as central parts of English, nor are they how one as an individual slides into materialsim from womb to adulthood.

So, it takes a tremendous amount of work to even tease out a beginning response to the first part of your argument, the first sentence. And again, not because I am scared or challenged by an antimaterialist arguement. My paradigm is not shaking. It's your presentation skewedness.

Even mentioning English is odd as if it was unique. Our languages do come very much out of the motor cortex and a lot of the metaphorical base is thus based on what are considered by physicalists to be physical motor processes. See the work of Lakoff and Johnson. Most languages. I can't be sure of indigenous languages and probably aboriginal Australians and other groups have a more diverse, probably dualist/monist combinations, with non-materialist aspects. But most modern languages and even most dead languages like, ancient Sumerian, probably will certainly look materialist, if you are a materialist. But that's because of the way language builds up. It need not be to those who speak the language.

It's not like some Shaivite living north of Mumbai needs to wrestle even for a second with those four pronouns to be able to view the world as actually Shiva and Parvati wrestling in the void or whatever. And dualist, monist, mixed, non-dual Shaivites can happily use those words at dinner, at the ashram with their gurus if they have one, while talking to someone beside them while squatting over a hole in the floor and not be lost or be lost or anything in between.

And then there's your personality here. Which is the context in which your skewed presentation is made.

If we don't 'get it' after watching your two videos, we don't want to get it. The ego AND rudeness of this lay psychic claim should embarrass you.

Or interactions like this....
roydop wrote: ↑Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:34 am
Age wrote: ↑Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:48 am
"roydop", you claim that, "Science itself has shown that there was a state prior to the arising of the physical Universe", so will you provide a link to where "science" has shown this?

Also, will you provide a link to where "science" has shown or proved that the physical Universe even actually arose?

If no, then why not?
I'm done with trying to convince people of what is obvious. Either you get it or you don't.

If you don't want to see something it will not be seen, no matter how obvious.
I mean seriously. If you get it or you don't, then you didn't need to bring up the Science supporting your ideas in the first place.

You've told people to shut the fuck up.

You frame it all as people in a cult, defending their worldviews, while at the same time in the beginning of your video you seem to understand that this is NOT so easy. To shift one's worldview. In fact, I assumed you were another person when you first posted, not Roy Dopson, because 'he' seemed to understand, and 'you' did not.

You've come off petulant, pissed off, impatient, snarky, incredibly judgmental and responded, for example, to a perfectly reasonable question about the science you mentioned really quite rudely.

You don't really seem to have your feet on the ground. Which doesn't mean you're wrong, or that you aren't happy and blissful and experiencing profound shit.

Meditation cannot scrape away at the shadow and you seem clueless about many things that meditation cannot get at. So, your shadow is showing up here, getting in your face, and you just keep labelling it, snarling at it, blaming it, with little seeming ability to notice the hypocrisy in this or that it is what you haven't faced in yourself you are meeting.

And this is so obvious to most people and includes people who may never challenge their own materialism but are making perfectly acute observations about what you are doing.

Re: Someone, everyone, please take this seriously.

Post by Age »

roydop wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:41 pm
Age wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:06 am
roydop wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:34 am

I'm done with trying to convince people of what is obvious. Either you get it or you don't.

What you have 'seen' and are 'talking about' is ALREADY KNOWN. But like with most new understanding, there is a time and a place to express it. Some things might take centuries to be understood by "others".

Now, if you want to be understood, then you just have to first learn how to communicate better.

To be honest in that video I have absolutely NO idea at all what you are even wanting to express. Although I ALREADY KNOW FULLY what 'It' is that you were trying to talk about.

Could you write down in a few sentences and in a way that is clear and precise, what was the purpose of that video?

What is the actual message you want to express. And, what for?

Also, above I just asked you three very straightforward questions, for clarity, and you completely and utterly DISMISSED what I asked for.

I do NOT care if you are done with trying to CONVINCE people of what is obvious. If what you claim is Truly OBVIOUS, then, OBVIOUSLY, you would NOT need to CONVINCE ANY one of 'it'.

What you say some get and some do not, I could say the exact same thing about you. That is; you STILL do NOT get what is REALLY BLATANTLY OBVIOUS. And, I could also say, if you do not want to see what is actually REALLY OBVIOUS, then 'It' will not be seen, by you, no matter how obvious 'It' REALLY IS, to us. But saying this gets us NOWHERE, correct?

Look, you made the claim that "science" has shown that there was a state prior to the arising of the physical Universe. So,

1. What was 'that state', EXACTLY? And,

2. Where can we find a link to where "science" has supposedly shown such a thing?

I suggest if you are not prepared to back up and support your claims, then do NOT express them in the first place.
You and others here spend much energy into nitpicking at my theory for inconsistencies/incorrectness while ignoring the trainwreck of paradox and self-reference of the current system that I am clearly presenting
But, from my perspective, you are just distorting the ALREADY distorted, so-called, 'trainwreck' even further.
roydop wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:41 pm It is a consciousness that is brainwashed/programmed by Maya/thought, that is unable to accept that the entire accepted system is incorrect.
OF COURSE a LOT of the current and accepted system, in the days when this was being written, was TOTALLY Incorrect. But do you REALLY believe that you are correcting 'the incorrect' here?

roydop wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:41 pm The "anything", "something", "everything", "nothing" model is glaringly incorrect and my Fundamental Model of Reality fixes the whole mess.
If 'your model' really does, then WHY can NO else see 'it', besides "dontaskme"?

Why will you NOT even answer the questions I posed to you for clarification, so that at least I could get somewhere closer to SEEING what you and "dontaskme" say you can SEE here?
roydop wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:41 pm It's obvious to one who has the ability to abide in/as effortless thought free Awareness, because they have had the direct experience of the "0" and have found it to not be a lack at all, but have realized it TO BE THE REALITY/frame of reference for all experience
Are you even AWARE that absolutely EVERY one has had that direct experience, which you refer to here? And, that if you remained in that direct experience, instead of abiding in/as 'you', the 'programmed consciousness', then you would NOT express words in such a twisted, distorted, narrowed, and convoluted way?

From my perspective the words under the label "roydop" come far MORE from 'thought' than they are from the thought free'KNOWING' Awareness.

Post by Age »

roydop wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:19 pm So why doesn't someone here explain to me the logic and reasoning (how it "makes sense") of the current "anything", "something", "everything", "nothing" model? Break it down so it's all crystal clear, please.
LOL the 'current, in the days when this was written, model' does NOT make sense.

Is there really ANY one here in this forum who thinks or BELIEVES that the 'current made up model' makes full and complete sense?
roydop wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:19 pm None of it stands up to even the most cursory investigation.
Do you really BELIEVE that there is NOT even just one solitary part of the 'current, to you, model' that makes sense?

If yes, then REALLY?
roydop wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:19 pm Again (and again and again) the part in the video where I am inquiring into the meaning of the "thing" and the "nothing" is so convoluted and self-referential as to be unintelligible. This is not a part of my model! If there is a part that one is not "getting", it is this part.
But the meaning of the 'thing' and of the 'no thing' is ALREADY well and FULLY UNDERSTOOD and KNOWN.

That you can NOT YET understand this does NOT mean that it is unintelligible at all.

What you are not getting is that you have just come up with yet ANOTHER model and theory, which, because you BELIEVE WHOLEHEARTEDLY is absolutely and fully true, right, and correct, and thus irrefutable is WHY you get 'uppity' when ANY one points out the wrong or absurd in your theory or model.

Like ALL models and theories, if they can NOT be put to the test and can NOT stand up to critique, NOR stand up all by them self, then really they are NOT even worthy of being shared.

Also, if 'you', the author and creator of the model and/or theory, can NOT back up and support your views and claims, then I suggest 'you' go away and start again.
roydop wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:19 pm On the other hand, the triune systems that make up The Fundamental Process are intuitively and intellectually consistent (they make sense). All roy did was to adapt the strictly dualistic and adversarial/antagonistic "thing"/"nothing" model into a triune system so that is in alignment with The Fundamental Model of Reality.
And what, EXACTLY, is the so-called 'Fundamental Model of Reality', EXACTLY?
It's completely obvious to a consciousness that is able to see beyond its programming.

"roydop" it is VERY CLEAR how much and when 'you' have been programmed, as well as how 'you' are still UNAWARE of this, "yourself".
And the way to see past the programming is to engage in the Spiritual practice of meditation (delving into thought free Awareness). YES it is difficult and YES it is necessary. [/quote]

But 'meditation' or 'thought free awareness' is one of the very simplest and easiest things to do in Life.

In fact ALL humans started out in this way, anyway. So, it could be said, it is just a very natural way and path anyway.
And it has been roys experience that the result of such a dedicated practice is an increase in peace, happiness, contentment, and a decrease in anxiety, stress, worry, ALL suffering.

That's all, folks
OF COURSE it is. But WHY can "roydop" NOT explain things here in a Truly peaceful, happy, and contented way?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

roydop wrote: ↑Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:41 pm
The "anything", "something", "everything", "nothing" model is glaringly incorrect and my Fundamental Model of Reality fixes the whole mess.
It has always been of my own personal humble opinion, as and through my own life experience as I have personally experienced it.That although we can resonate with other peoples models of reality, ultimately, we can only fix our own personal models, as we have personally constructed them. We cannot fix someone elses model. We can only fix our own broken models as we have created them through the lens of our own perception and how we have projected our model into the external world..

Ultimately, we each of us learn to fix our own mess here on earth. If we are going to make a mess, then it is our own/sole responsibility to clean up the mess we have made..and not expect someone else to clean it up for us.

Even children as young as a few days old know automatically when they have crapped in their nappy...they know this automatically. It's a natural instinct within natures programme for every living organism to keep itself clean of any mess.

In fact nature itself is self-cleaning. Self-cleansing. That's why every living organism on earth is destined to the same one ultimate fate, which is pure and total annihilation through incineration. The sun that maketh thee from within it's furnace will also return you to the burn.

Collectively, we can only go in the direct the whole ocean is moving. We cannot do anything to change what the whole ocean is doing, we can only learn to ride it's waves. We either ride them well, or we fall and falter, ultimately getting swallowed by the whole anyway...in the end, the whole wins everytime.

Post by Age »

roydop wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:31 pm Also, it has nothing to do with "getting people into my flock", it has to do with Truth and the cessation of suffering. I am presenting the direct path to the conclusion of all suffering.
Are you able to clearly and precisely express what the direct path to the conclusion of all suffering is?

If yes, then will you?

If no, then why not?
roydop wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:31 pm It's up to the individual as to whether they embark on that path.
But the way you are responding here is PROVING that you do not yet even know nor have the direct path to the end of all suffering.

So, when are you going to start and embark on 'that path', "yourself"?
roydop wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:31 pm It matters not to me the quantity of folk who get the teaching and engage in the practice, as I know that the vast majority of humanity is far too programmed/deluded to even be capable of seeing what is being presented.
But 'you', "yourself", "roydop", appear to be just as programmed and deluded as the other adult human beings were, in the days when this was being written, in regards to YET seeing what IS 'being presented'.
roydop wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:31 pm Those few who have, however, report a fundamental change within their psyche and life experience.
EVERY human being, individually and collectively, CHANGES, along the way.

Just adding the 'fundamental' word next to the 'change' word, does NOT mean a so-called 'fundamental change' actually occurs.

And this brings me to my next point, What does 'fundamental change' even mean or refer to, EXACTLY, anyway?

Post by Age »

roydop wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:18 pm I don't care whether you understand it.

It matters not to me.

You choose not to engage in the practice that proves the theory and that is just fine.

Your life will unfold accordingly.
Will you explain 'your theory', in a step by step process, so then we could at least engage in 'that practice', to then SEE whether 'your theory' is right or not?

If no, then why not?

Post by Age »

Iwannaplato wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:54 pm
roydop wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:14 pm So why doesn't someone here explain to me the logic and reasoning (how it "makes sense") of the current "anything", "something", "everything", "nothing" model? Break it down so it's all crystal clear, please.
It's not an easy model to come at. For me personally, I am not a materialist. I have nothing invested, no puns intended, in defending a materialist model, Nevertheless your presentation is not quite coherent. Right from the start you deal with one facet of English as if it is an organized but incorrect model of reality and focus on four very abstract pronouns as if they rule the way we think. But materialism is built into language in a disorganized, complicated way and you're focusing there seems odd and misleading. Again, note, it's not that I think a) materialism is not built into the language. I think it is, though in a sloppy, sometimes contradictory, often metaphorical way. b) nor do I think that materialism is correct.
Anything, everything, something, nothing. These four words consitute the base of the model of the construction of reality of the English language.
Right from the start of your argument I find it confused. And confused is much harder to respond to then something that is incorrect or false.
Agree 100%.
Iwannaplato wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:54 pm Those words are generally taken to be material things.
Just out of curiosity, how is the 'nothing' word taken to be a material thing?
Iwannaplato wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:54 pm Though dualists (in the usual philosophical sense, say with matter and spirit or matter and mind dualisms) use those words also and happily include non-physical things in their models. Even extreme idealists. Even substance monisms that are not PHYSICALISM/MATERIALISM monisms manage to use those words also. They do not necessarily entail physicalism, but since most modern Westerners at least tend to be materialists, sure they tend to refer to physical things.
I still wonder why 'you', adult human beings, back in the days when this was being written, wanted to make up models, and look at them, instead of just looking at what IS, only.

When one changes, and just looks at what IS, only, then they can SEE, clearly, 'that', which is IRREFUTABLY True, Right, AND Correct. For example, the word 'Universe' can mean absolutely ALL-THERE-IS, or EVERY 'thing', which, when those two words are literally added together equals everything, and everything as One is Everything. The sum of absolutely EVERY 'thing' combined together is Everything, or in other words 'the Universe', Itself.

This is NOT 'a model'. This is just defining the word 'Universe'. If ANY does not accept this definition or does not agree with it, then why?

Now, what the Universe is fundamentally made up of is 'matter', of course, AND 'space', which is just a distance between 'matter'. Obviously, if there was not a distance between pieces or particles of matter, then there would just be One piece of matter, only. Since there is more than one piece of matter, and thus a distance between matter, this 'spatial distance' has to be made up of absolutely NO 'thing', or in other words 'nothing'. This 'nothing' is just the 'space' between and around 'matter'.

The two, or dual, 'things' of 'matter' and 'space', together, make up the one and only, nondual, Universe.

From this base, everything 'else' just falls-into-place, which also leads to learning how to bring about a Truly peaceful and harmonious 'world', for and with EVERY one, as One.

But, again, one just has to CHANGE from 'making' models to instead just LOOKING AT what ACTUALLY IS, ONLY.
Iwannaplato wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:54 pm But futher, more importantly, we as individuals do NOT get materialism through those found every abstract pronouns. Before kids are using those words much they are already steeped in their parents worldviews (and by the way, many of those world views are not materialst, they are often dualist, with a diminismment of the importance of the physical realm ((and yes, I understand that you see those people as confused in their way, but my point is that look at this, we are already all over the place right from the get go because your presentation is much less coherent and based in reality than you think it is. Your presentation, the way you go about challenging materialism. Not your conclusions, not your experiences, but your presentation and right from the beginning.)))
As I alluded to earlier, I REALLY have absolutely NO clue NOR idea as to what 'it' is that was trying to be presented in that video.
Iwannaplato wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:54 pm You presentation is a kind of straw man. Not that you are wrong about language, but what you take as the core model...I mean, seriously, those four words are not a model of materialism, nor as central parts of English, nor are they how one as an individual slides into materialsim from womb to adulthood.

So, it takes a tremendous amount of work to even tease out a beginning response to the first part of your argument, the first sentence. And again, not because I am scared or challenged by an antimaterialist arguement. My paradigm is not shaking. It's your presentation skewedness.

Even mentioning English is odd as if it was unique. Our languages do come very much out of the motor cortex and a lot of the metaphorical base is thus based on what are considered by physicalists to be physical motor processes. See the work of Lakoff and Johnson. Most languages. I can't be sure of indigenous languages and probably aboriginal Australians and other groups have a more diverse, probably dualist/monist combinations, with non-materialist aspects. But most modern languages and even most dead languages like, ancient Sumerian, probably will certainly look materialist, if you are a materialist. But that's because of the way language builds up. It need not be to those who speak the language.

It's not like some Shaivite living north of Mumbai needs to wrestle even for a second with those four pronouns to be able to view the world as actually Shiva and Parvati wrestling in the void or whatever. And dualist, monist, mixed, non-dual Shaivites can happily use those words at dinner, at the ashram with their gurus if they have one, while talking to someone beside them while squatting over a hole in the floor and not be lost or be lost or anything in between.

And then there's your personality here. Which is the context in which your skewed presentation is made.

If we don't 'get it' after watching your two videos, we don't want to get it. The ego AND rudeness of this lay psychic claim should embarrass you.

Or interactions like this....
roydop wrote: ↑Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:34 am
Age wrote: ↑Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:48 am
"roydop", you claim that, "Science itself has shown that there was a state prior to the arising of the physical Universe", so will you provide a link to where "science" has shown this?

Also, will you provide a link to where "science" has shown or proved that the physical Universe even actually arose?

If no, then why not?

I mean seriously. If you get it or you don't, then you didn't need to bring up the Science supporting your ideas in the first place.

You've told people to shut the fuck up.

You frame it all as people in a cult, defending their worldviews, while at the same time in the beginning of your video you seem to understand that this is NOT so easy. To shift one's worldview. In fact, I assumed you were another person when you first posted, not Roy Dopson, because 'he' seemed to understand, and 'you' did not.

You've come off petulant, pissed off, impatient, snarky, incredibly judgmental and responded, for example, to a perfectly reasonable question about the science you mentioned really quite rudely.

You don't really seem to have your feet on the ground. Which doesn't mean you're wrong, or that you aren't happy and blissful and experiencing profound shit.

Meditation cannot scrape away at the shadow and you seem clueless about many things that meditation cannot get at. So, your shadow is showing up here, getting in your face, and you just keep labelling it, snarling at it, blaming it, with little seeming ability to notice the hypocrisy in this or that it is what you haven't faced in yourself you are meeting.

And this is so obvious to most people and includes people who may never challenge their own materialism but are making perfectly acute observations about what you are doing.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:21 am
roydop wrote: ↑Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:41 pm
The "anything", "something", "everything", "nothing" model is glaringly incorrect and my Fundamental Model of Reality fixes the whole mess.
It has always been of my own personal humble opinion, as and through my own life experience as I have personally experienced it.That although we can resonate with other peoples models of reality, ultimately, we can only fix our own personal models, as we have personally constructed them. We cannot fix someone elses model. We can only fix our own broken models as we have created them through the lens of our own perception and how we have projected our model into the external world..

Ultimately, we each of us learn to fix our own mess here on earth. If we are going to make a mess, then it is our own/sole responsibility to clean up the mess we have made..and not expect someone else to clean it up for us.

Even children as young as a few days old know automatically when they have crapped in their nappy...they know this automatically. It's a natural instinct within natures programme for every living organism to keep itself clean of any mess.

In fact nature itself is self-cleaning. Self-cleansing. That's why every living organism on earth is destined to the same one ultimate fate, which is pure and total annihilation through incineration. The sun that maketh thee from within it's furnace will also return you to the burn.

Collectively, we can only go in the direct the whole ocean is moving. We cannot do anything to change what the whole ocean is doing, we can only learn to ride it's waves. We either ride them well, or we fall and falter, ultimately getting swallowed by the whole anyway...in the end, the whole wins everytime.
There is really only the 'whole', only, anyway, which 'parts' only exist in concept only, or as you would put it "dontaskme" are 'illusion' only.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Age wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:20 am Will you explain 'your theory', in a step by step process, so then we could at least engage in 'that practice', to then SEE whether 'your theory' is right or not?

If no, then why not?
This is one of the clearest explanations you’re going to find concerning meditation, which is great because it saves me the bother of explaining it to resistance. With his emphasis on the aspect of shamatha, I know Roy will appreciate it. Any questions?

Step-by-step is easy to explain, but useless without the view.

The view.

How Meditation Works
https://www.shinzen.org/wp-content/uplo ... rt_How.pdf

"Tranquility at the expense of awareness is dozing; awareness at the expense of calm is 'tripping.'"

Also, transmission of technique is to be done one-on-one, in person, face-to-face.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Iwannaplato in his previous posting wrote: ...
Since no one else is going to say it, imo that is a most kind and thoughtful analysis. Let's wish upon a star that it's accepted in the same spirit, a wish that normally goes unsaid but seeing as how we have past experience for comparison, well, you get the gist.

Post by Age »

Walker wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:24 am
Age wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:20 am Will you explain 'your theory', in a step by step process, so then we could at least engage in 'that practice', to then SEE whether 'your theory' is right or not?

If no, then why not?
This is one of the clearest explanations you’re going to find concerning meditation, which is great because it saves me the bother of explaining it to resistance. With his emphasis on the aspect of shamatha, I know Roy will appreciate it. Any questions?

Step by step is easy to explain, but useless without the view.

The view.

How Meditation Works
Here is another example of making complex and hard what is essentially Truly simple and easy.

If the WHOLE process is just 'meditation', then 'meditation' can be summed up in just two words only, and they are, 'stop thinking'.

'Meditation' is just 'NOT thinking', or just being in 'thought free Awareness', as some might call 'it'. Which, by the way, I have mastered for the whole length of about three - five seconds, in the longest session.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Age wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:57 am

If no, then why not?

The view.

How Meditation Works
Here is another example of making complex and hard what is essentially Truly simple and easy.

If the WHOLE process is just 'meditation', then 'meditation' can be summed up in just two words only, and they are, 'stop thinking'.

'Meditation' is just 'NOT thinking', or just being in 'thought free Awareness', as some might call 'it'. Which, by the way, I have mastered for the whole length of about three - five seconds, in the longest session.
Can you describe your experience?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Age wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:57 am 'Meditation' is just 'NOT thinking', or just being in 'thought free Awareness', as some might call 'it'. Which, by the way, I have mastered for the whole length of about three - five seconds, in the longest session.
I don't know if there are "thought free awarenessess" of different qualities, and if there are, I have never experienced the type that is achieved through meditation, but meditation is not the only way to achieve it. I used to go walking at the weekend; usually in the Peake District, which is mainly moorland. It occurred to me at some point that a significant amount of my time was occupied in thought free awareness, although I didn't call it that. I would have just said, "not thinking about anything". I also found it easier to achieve -although I wasn't specifically trying to achieve it- while actually walking, rather than just standing, or sitting, still. There actually seemed to be something about the act of walking that better facilitated the state. I'm sure advocates of meditation would say that it isn't the same thing at all, and I couldn't argue with them, as I have never medited, but I thought it worth mentioning all the same.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

The view.

How Meditation Works

Meditation is overrated. It's implies two things...the doer and the doing. The fixer and the fixing.

Every alive creature with an awareness will be fixated on something or other, it's just how awareness works.

Thoughts are free to come and go anyway, no human being has any control over them, because 'thoughts' are not bound or fixed in one location that can be pinpointed and erased completely from being. We can only control our reactions to thought...and not control the thoughts. If a sad thought arises, there is no one who chose to have that sad thought. If no one is choosing their sad thoughts, then who the heck is choosing to be thoughtfree of sad thoughts?

Mediation implies two things..it implies there is a thinker, who can then remove their own thoughts...that's just BS

Mediation is for dead people...or it is for house plants, or it is for the mentally ill.

Now, just be and live an ordinary life, that's all that's happening here anyway. Resistance to this immediate what is moment, is futile. Reactions to thoughts can be flushed down the shitter. But thoughts are here to stay, there is no refuge for thoughts.

No matter how thoughtfree you think you may be feeling in any given moment...if a tree is falling in the forest ..and you are walking peacefully unaware, without the thought popping up to make you aware the tree might just be falling on your bonce, and you'll be thankful for it being there...it might just save your life...
Last edited by Dontaskme on Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:38 pm Meditation is overrated.
As usual, you are wrong, and likely to be pig-headed in your dialogue.

Meditation is not over-rated.

No ... It's not that.

Meditation is under-rated.

Just pry your eyes open, look around, and read the majority of postings on this forum of PN that deal with the topic.

Good grief. Wake up.