So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bahman

Re: Free will

Post by bahman »

Age wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:18 pm
bahman wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:29 pm
Age wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:15 pm

This could mean one could just say, "I did NOT 'want' to kill that individual", (which they just KILLED), and to you that would be a so-called 'free, or unbiased, decision', which they would NOT be 'responsible' for, the KILLING of 'that individual'.
No, it does not mean that since you are free.
TWISTED and DISTORTED BABBLE, AGAIN.
I am done with you.

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:29 pm
bahman wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:29 pm
No, it does not mean that since you are free.
I am done with you.
Okay. But you STILL have NOT YET been ABLE TO provide absolutely ANY example, which backs up and supports YOUR CLAIM. Which, REALLY, reveals what thee ACTUAL Truth IS here
bahman

Post by bahman »

Age wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:45 am

I am done with you.
Okay. But you STILL have NOT YET been ABLE TO provide absolutely ANY example, which backs up and supports YOUR CLAIM. Which, REALLY, reveals what thee ACTUAL Truth IS here
I provide an example of having doubt but I cannot convince you of the simple fact that you cannot have doubt and be certain at the same time.

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:52 pm
I am done with you.
I provide an example of having doubt but I cannot convince you of the simple fact that you cannot have doubt and be certain at the same time.
LOL "bahman", you are so CONFUSED and DISTORTED here. Or, you are just 'trying to' DEFLECT because you KNOW how Wrong you REALLY ARE and that you now can NOT get out of this without admitting just how Wrong you ARE.

1. I NEVER wanted you to provide an example of you having doubt. I already KNOW you do. I WANT you to provide an example of when you think or BELIEVE you have made a choice and have NOT been biased in that decision. We are STILL WAITING for THIS example.

2. I have NEVER even thought l, let alone said, that you could have doubt and been certain, of the EXACT SAME thing, at the EXACT SAME time, so WHY you are ASSUMING what you are here ONLY you would know, maybe.
BigMike

Post by BigMike »

bahman wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:06 pm We may like A and B equally and choose one of them. It is clear that we cannot be biased by one of the options so our decision is free in such a situation.
No! If you like A and B equally, you are unable to choose one. You must "flip a coin", literally or figuratively. Your choice is then determined by the outcome of the "coin flip". So, your will is NOT FREE.
bahman wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:06 pm There are situations that which the future outcome of A or B is not known. Again we cannot be biased by one of the options yet we can decide so such a decision is free too.
No! You base your decision on what you, based on previous experience, think is your best option, which is identical to your first example:
We may like A more than B and choose A. This is a non-free decision that we call it conditional decision.

So, all of your three different situations show that you have no free will.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Age wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:46 am
LOL "bahman", you are so CONFUSED and DISTORTED here. Or, you are just 'trying to' DEFLECT because you KNOW how Wrong you REALLY ARE and that you now can NOT get out of this without admitting just how Wrong you ARE.

1. I NEVER wanted you to provide an example of you having doubt. I already KNOW you do. I WANT you to provide an example of when you think or BELIEVE you have made a choice and have NOT been biased in that decision. We are STILL WAITING for THIS example.

2. I have NEVER even thought l, let alone said, that you could have doubt and been certain, of the EXACT SAME thing, at the EXACT SAME time, so WHY you are ASSUMING what you are here ONLY you would know, maybe.
You are not biased when you have doubt.

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:59 pm

I have ALREADY explained EXACTLY how you CAN BE biased when you HAVE doubt.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Age wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:58 am

And I already explained that you cannot have doubt and be certain at the same time. End of discussion.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

But someone can be certain they are in doubt tho, right?
bahman

Post by bahman »

promethean75 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:02 pm But someone can be certain they are in doubt tho, right?
Sure. But that is not what I am talking about. I am saying that given a situation that is defined by at least two options you cannot be certain and have doubts about options at the same time.

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:57 pm
Age wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:58 am
And I already explained that you cannot have doubt and be certain at the same time.
AND, I have NEVER disagreed that NOR disputed this.

WHY can you NOT understand this Fact?
bahman wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:57 pm End of discussion.
You RUN AWAY, AGAIN, because, ONCE AGAIN, you have absolutely NOTHING, which backs up and supports your claim here.

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:49 pm
promethean75 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:02 pm But someone can be certain they are in doubt tho, right?
Sure. But that is not what I am talking about. I am saying that given a situation that is defined by at least two options you cannot be certain and have doubts about options at the same time.
AND, NO one has SAID NOR CLAIMED otherwise.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Age wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:35 am
So if you agree with this then you are not biased when you are in doubt and biased when you are certain.

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:00 pm
Age wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:35 am
So if you agree with this then you are not biased when you are in doubt and biased when you are certain.
But, OBVIOUSLY, one can STILL be 'biased' when they are in 'doubt'. As I have ALREADY SHOWN and PROVED IRREFUTABLY True.

Also, let us NOT FORGET that you have NEVER provided absolutely ANY example of when you have made an ACTUAL decision and you have NOT be 'biased'. And this is because you NEVER have. Unless, OF COURSE, you SHOW and PROVE otherwise.