EXEPTIONALISM THE SEED OF FASCISM

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

RCSaunders

Re: EXEPTIONALISM THE SEED OF FASCISM

Post by RCSaunders »

Belinda wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:56 am
RCSaunders wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:41 pm
Sculptor wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:27 pm But seriously dude what the fuck has this go to do with the thread?
Just curious myself about what those who think they have all the answers to the world's supposed problems actually do. It's not what one says or claims to believe that is important, but what they actually do, because that reveals what they really believe and care enough about to pursue.

If you don't see the relationship, don't worry about it.
All that need concern you is how you interpret messages.
I know this will disappoint you, but it's not up to you to tell me what I do or do not need to be concerned with. I'll be concerned with whatever I please, thank you very much!
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

I know this will disappoint you, but it's not up to you to tell me what I do or do not need to be concerned with. I'll be concerned with whatever I please, thank you very much!
[/quote]

DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Sculptor wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:27 pm But seriously dude what the fuck has this go to do with the thread?
Just curious myself about what those who think they have all the answers to the world's supposed problems actually do. It's not what one says or claims to believe that is important, but what they actually do, because that reveals what they really believe and care enough about to pursue.

No one you asked as said they know all the answers, and their jobs are not going to help you here.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

popeye1945 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:03 am
Sculptor wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:25 pm
I had a similar experience.
History taught about D-Day, but of Kursk it was almost silent. Kursk is where the war was effectively won. This still is the largest ever military exchange in history. The number are staggering and losses shocking. It make D-Day look like a picnic. After which Germany was a broken force.
The other voteface concerning WW2 is the reasons why the Japanese finally surrendered. I am indebted to the work of Howard Zynn's work. It has been shown as eaily as 1+1=2 that the atoms bombs were why Japan surrendered. That is self congratualtion by the US, Zynn tells us it was more to do with the massive Russian army which had just taken Manchuria in a staggeringly quick few days and was immediately about to invade Japan - a thing that the US had limited resources to, and zero appetite to achieve.

It is worth reflecting on the massive role of Russian in WW2 - they who lost more than any other country. Possibly more losses than all allied countries put together.
This, together with the following cold war started against the Soviet Union by the USA should give us some clue about the Russian psychology.
But blundering USA ,with never a bomb dropped on it, is not capable of understanding this, and continues to stumble ever eastwar in an undeclared war. Its not even like they have a ideological excuse. Maybe it never was about "commies", but just a primeval need to be the biggest bully on the world? And NATO is its instrument.
Sculptor,
Excellent, nicely put!
Thank you.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Sculptor wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:19 pm

No one you asked as said they know all the answers, and their jobs are not going to help you here.
Well I admit that those who discuss issues in terms of, "-isms," (exceptionalism, fascism) aren't really answering anything unless what is meant by those, "-isms," is clearly defined. Nevertheless when something usually considered evil (fascism) is attributed to a single view (exceptionalism) [and misspelled as well], it seems to me they are saying the whole answer, (cure), for fascism is to eliminate exceptionalism.

All of my questions were an attempt to discover what they actually mean by exceptionalism since it almost always applies to how individuals choose to live their lives. I was interested in what it means, in practice, to not be exceptional.

I am convinced it is because you all know that the question has been carefully evaded, which is an answer to the question itself.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

RCSaunders wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:51 pm
Sculptor wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:19 pm

Well I admit that those who discuss issues in terms of, "-isms," (exceptionalism, fascism) aren't really answering anything unless what is meant by those, "-isms," is clearly defined.
If you'd had an education you would know what they mean.
Nevertheless when something usually considered evil (fascism) is attributed to a single view (exceptionalism) [and misspelled as well], it seems to me they are saying the whole answer, (cure), for fascism is to eliminate exceptionalism.
Oh wait!! You seem to be using "isms"!! Shock horror.

All of my questions were an attempt to discover what they actually mean by exceptionalism since it almost always applies to how individuals choose to live their lives. I was interested in what it means, in practice, to not be exceptional.
You mean exceptionalIST.
What would it be like to have a judge that continually made excpetions for Jews when delivering sentences?
How is that for an example?

I am convinced it is because you all know that the question has been carefully evaded, which is an answer to the question itself.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

RCSaunders wrote:
-------what it means, in practice, to not be exceptional.
It means to see humanity not as 'tribes' but as universal humanity. E.g. "Who is my neighbour?" asked Jesus.

The view from universality is that all humans and to a similar extent all sentient individuals, have the same needs.

ndy-prints.com/products/were-a-jock-tamsons-bairns-poster

https://www.scotslanguage.com/articles/node/id/376
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Belinda wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:36 am RCSaunders wrote:
It means to see humanity not as 'tribes' but as universal humanity. E.g. "Who is my neighbour?" asked Jesus.

The view from universality is that all humans and to a similar extent all sentient individuals, have the same needs.

I see:

It (to not be exceptional) means to see humanity not as 'tribes' but as universal humanity.

In other words, to view human beings as individuals, as though each individual's life mattered is exceptionalism. It means, in practice, your life or my life, or even your individual neighbor's lives have no value, meaning, or purpose in themselves, but only as members of some mega-tribe call, "humanity."

Thanks for the explanation.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

RCSaunders wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:51 pm

I see:

It (to not be exceptional) means to see humanity not as 'tribes' but as universal humanity.

In other words, to view human beings as individuals, as though each individual's life mattered is exceptionalism. It means, in practice, your life or my life, or even your individual neighbor's lives have no value, meaning, or purpose in themselves, but only as members of some mega-tribe call, "humanity."

Humanity is the generic name for all of the individual human beings. Tribes are sections of humanity which are also made up of individuals. Tribalism is a name for feeling and belief of being linked to others of the same tribe instead of feeling and belief of being linked to all of humanity. 'Humanitarian' is cognate with 'humanity'.

Jesus explains it better. Please see the parable of the Good Samaritan.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Belinda wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:26 pm

I see:

Humanity is the generic name for all of the individual human beings. Tribes are sections of humanity which are also made up of individuals. Tribalism is a name for feeling and belief of being linked to others of the same tribe instead of feeling and belief of being linked to all of humanity. 'Humanitarian' is cognate with 'humanity'.

What does, "linked to all of humanity," mean. No one doubts that all human beings share certain essential genetic characteristics which makes them the same kind of organisms, but beyond that, what does it mean to say they are, "linked?"

What kind of, "link," are you referring to: biological, economic, cultural, social, and what difference does it make? If individual human being "A" earns his own living, loves and takes care of his family, treats all others with respect and dignity, and never interferes in anyone else's life, how is he, "linked," to human being "B," the bum down the street who lives on welfare, fathers children (he never supports) by different women (he never marries or supports), beats all his girlfriends, is usually drunk, offensive, and belligerent.

Do you regard the fact that most A type human beings do not choose to be, "linked," to B type human beings a problem?
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

RCSaunders wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:26 pm

I see:

What does, "linked to all of humanity," mean. No one doubts that all human beings share certain essential genetic characteristics which makes them the same kind of organisms, but beyond that, what does it mean to say they are, "linked?"

What kind of, "link," are you referring to: biological, economic, cultural, social, and what difference does it make? If individual human being "A" earns his own living, loves and takes care of his family, treats all others with respect and dignity, and never interferes in anyone else's life, how is he, "linked," to human being "B," the bum down the street who lives on welfare, fathers children (he never supports) by different women (he never marries or supports), beats all his girlfriends, is usually drunk, offensive, and belligerent.

Do you regard the fact that most A type human beings do not choose to be, "linked," to B type human beings a problem?
Fear of others leads us all to amalgamate into a limited group of supporters (allies,faction, clan, congregation, race, class). Love of others leads us to welcome others, with trust and charity.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Belinda wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:40 pm

Fear of others leads us all to amalgamate into a limited group of supporters (allies,faction, clan, congregation, race, class). Love of others leads us to welcome others, with trust and charity.
I'm afraid you are confusing that sense of insecurity that comes from a lack of self-assurance, competence, and initiative expressed as, "a need to be part of some collective of others." for, "love of others." To really love someone else expresses itself in a desire to see others achieve and be what they want and choose to do and be, whether we like or agree with it or not. Love of others is not some kind of sickly sentimental self-sacrifice and submission to other, it is allowing others to be free to live as they choose and to enjoy their success and achievement, not worshiping their weaknesses and failures.

You apparently see no difference between those who choose virtue and pursue it and those who choose to squander their lives on immediate pleasure and satisfaction of their animal appetites, which is fine, if you are truly satisfied with that kind of life. I wish you well but do not entertain any illusions that kind of life can be successful. So long as others think you are, "loving," "empathetic," "charitable," and, "loving," whatever you mean by those things and no matter how much actual harm is done by those attitudes, well and good, eh?
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

RCSaunders wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:51 pm
Belinda wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:40 pm

I'm afraid you are confusing that sense of insecurity that comes from a lack of self-assurance, competence, and initiative expressed as, "a need to be part of some collective of others." for, "love of others." To really love someone else expresses itself in a desire to see others achieve and be what they want and choose to do and be, whether we like or agree with it or not. Love of others is not some kind of sickly sentimental self-sacrifice and submission to other, it is allowing others to be free to live as they choose and to enjoy their success and achievement, not worshiping their weaknesses and failures.

You apparently see no difference between those who choose virtue and pursue it and those who choose to squander their lives on immediate pleasure and satisfaction of their animal appetites, which is fine, if you are truly satisfied with that kind of life. I wish you well but do not entertain any illusions that kind of life can be successful. So long as others think you are, "loving," "empathetic," "charitable," and, "loving," whatever you mean by those things and no matter how much actual harm is done by those attitudes, well and good, eh?
I do see the difference you point out. Love is also love of oneself. You are no use to man or beast unless you take reasonable care of your own body and your own soul.A strong man is strong in himself and strong to help others.

"To really love someone else expresses itself in a desire to see others achieve and be what they want and choose to do and be, whether we like or agree with it or not."

Every good parent, every good teacher, every good friend,and every good medic teaches not only facts but also within reason mentors the other's entire welfare .

Post by Age »

What do you, actually, do "rcsaunders"?

Post by Age »

I see:

And here we have a PRIME EXAMPLE of a "separatist" as 'its' BEST.

Are you even AWARE "rcsaunders" that the so-called "bum down the street" is A 'human being' EXACTLY like 'you' ARE?

Or, are 'you' such a "separatist" that you can NOT even SEEN this BLATANTLY OBVIOUS IRREFUTABLE Fact?