Religion is Man- Made

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: Religion is Man- Made

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:54 pm

DAM, why isn't it enough for you to say this is how you see it, and you're content with it -- rather than saying everyone else is stupid if they don't see what/how YOU see? You're doing it your way... that's all... no big deal... not uniquely brilliant or true.
You are obviously correct of course, and I agree. That can be said for everyone who has a philosophical opinion or point of view on reality..based on their own subjective self biases.

The everyone else is stupid idea…in my opinion, just means I do not share their opinions. Stupid men are stupid…or …stupid women are stupid..in my opinion. Now while I don’t object to other people having their stupid opinions ….these stupid opinions will never be mine. Moreover, my opinions may be seen by others to be also stupid…and so I accept that, but it will not change a thing. If my opinion is that other peoples opinions are stupid then that’s just another one of my opinions. It matters not to me whether my opinions matter to others, whether they are seen as a negative or a positive honesty. I can only view the reality the way it is seen by me, not others.

I happen to believe very strongly that intended physical violence against other sentient feeling beings is a bad idea. Because if I can experience pain and suffering..then so can they. And to me, it’s a stupid game to play.

And that’s why I can honestly critique anyone who thinks life is worth the price of suffering, because for me, in my opinion, I know that pain is bad. I know pain is not a good idea. And if by having the personal direct experience through knowledge that pain, and suffering or the torment inflicted on others is a bad idea…which is seen by others to be a negative mindset, then I reserve the right to think that’s stupid, in my opinion.

For me, my philosophy is quite simple: Know life, know pain. No life, no pain. To me, that’s seen as a positive, not a negative. In my humble opinion.
Doesn’t mean I cannot enjoy the meaningful parts of living while I’m living, but if I was to choose to do it again, I wouldn’t ever want it.

So in my opinion, only dumb players play dumb games, to me, I think the experience of sentient feeling organisms being subjected to having to feel any form of pain, torture and suffering at all, is just not a good idea…it’s quite the opposite, it’s a dumb game to play, it’s a bad, in my opinion.
surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

Dontaskme wrote:
The only good thing about life is that it ends
I am so glad that my life will end one day because I can think of nothing worse than eternal existence
And so when I die I absolutely want to stay dead forever and hopefully reality will allow this to happen
AlexW

Post by AlexW »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:34 pm
AlexW wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:17 pm
Belinda wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:13 pm It is not important that someone uses sweary language. What matters is their honesty.
I prefer to be honest without using sweary language, yet it seems you think this is being feeble…
Do you also think it doesn’t matter if one is physically violent as long as the violence honest?
That’s just a stupid dumb strawman comment…but then your just a man,and men are stupid.

Oh and you are a snob just like that dumb Kunt Walker…
So you don't understand that there are other forms of violence (besides physical violence)?
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:51 pm I happen to believe very strongly that intended physical violence against other sentient feeling beings is a bad idea. Because if I can experience pain and suffering..then so can they. And to me, it’s a stupid game to play.
Then why do you play it?
Your violent language is just as violent as a punch in the face.
Have you ever heard the saying words cut deeper than a knife?
Just because you might be immune to cutting words, others might not be so thick skinned - they might actually suffer from your insults - but, sorry, yes, I forgot... you "stopped caring about other peoples opinions" a long time ago...

As I see it, if you were really intent on not committing "violence against other sentient feeling beings" then you would actually adjust your language and converse in a non-violent way - yet, if someone points this out to you, all you do is reply with some more insults and swear words...
I wonder if you are really as "intelligent" as you say you are ... don't you see and understand that violent language is also a form of violence - the very thing you reject...?
But yes, sure... its much easier to ignore this idea and continue on the path you have apparently been walking since early childhood - a path that led you to an insensitive position of not "caring about other peoples opinions" and rather only hold on to your own opining of "life is disgusting"...

By the way, yes, our modern society has unfortunately become numb to bad language, people believe its OK to "swear like a sailor", but what they don't realise is that this kind of behaviour does nothing good for them (or anybody else) - its actually quite the opposite, it makes people insensitive, numb to violence and makes the step to physical violence so much easier.
AlexW

Post by AlexW »

Belinda wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:37 pm It matters not what lexicon you use.What matters is honesty and authenticity.
It does matter that the ends do not justify the means.
I think it matters what "lexicon you use".
If using the lexicon leads to strife and violence, if using it hurts other people then it doesn't really matter if the violence has been performed in all honesty - it's still violence, and even it may be authentic, there is nothing good about it.

What I find especially strange (about DAM), is for someone to revert to violent language while at the same time advocating non-violent physical behaviour... it simply doesn't add up.
Non violence is not restricted to the physical realm - it has to be holistic, not an isolated approach (what do you think happens to children who are victim to consistently violent language? do you think they grow up to be non-violent, loving adults?)
Last edited by AlexW on Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
AlexW

Post by AlexW »

Lacewing wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:54 pm
AlexW wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:02 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:10 am I’m enjoying my disgusting life, that’s the beauty of not pretending any more, that’s the only positive about all this, the intelligence…to see through all the BS and to stop believing in my own lies, and denial of the actual truth, rather than the truth that we hope is real.
Its a truth that you made up for yourself.
Just because you condemn people who made up their truth of “life is beautiful “ it doesn’t mean that your “life is disgusting“ is any better or more truthful.
Both are just opinions, nothing more.
Agreed. Seeing life as disgusting does not make DAM "intelligent" or "grown up"... but that is how she is presenting it, along with saying it is the "actual truth". :lol: Whatever. That's her self-serving creation of whatever perspective she chooses to obsess on. And no, people who see greater or other potential are not on a cruise ship.

Why wouldn't it be more truthful and accurate to always look at/for a greater range of potential? There are so many ways to see and do.

DAM, why isn't it enough for you to say this is how you see it, and you're content with it -- rather than saying everyone else is stupid if they don't see what/how YOU see? You're doing it your way... that's all... no big deal... not uniquely brilliant or true.
I have no problem with DAM having her own opinion (whatever it may be) - yet to advocate and stand for something while, at the same time, negating this very position by acting as she does, is something I think should be pointed out.
Why advocate non violent behaviour while being verbally violent and abusive - its this double-mindedness that I am trying to point out... as it seems she is not aware of it herself or she thinks that, as she doesn't care about other peoples' opinions, it doesn't really matter how she addresses them...
Anyway... I actually hope it might help her to see things a bit brighter (or at least from a different perspective: from the perspective of the person she addresses) - even she might of course condemn this snobby and pretentious idea of mine :-)
AlexW

Post by AlexW »

Walker wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:13 am What's the course for what one knows are bad thoughts? If one has a doubt about expressing a thought with body or voice, then first giving the doubt some rational attention is in order. Pause.

Actions or words must first pass through some tests that can pre-determine the effects.
Yes, agree, it's a good idea to think before speaking, or even a step further: to be aware of the thoughts that cross your mind and not follow each and every one into the darkness it might conjure up... life becomes much more beautiful once thought has "calmed down" to a level where the simplicity of here/now can actually be recognised.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

AlexW to Walker wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:40 am to be aware of the thoughts that cross your mind and not follow each and every one into the darkness it might conjure up... life becomes much more beautiful once thought has "calmed down" to a level where the simplicity of here/now can actually be recognised.
Nicely said!
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

AlexW wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:33 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:34 pm
AlexW wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:17 pm
I prefer to be honest without using sweary language, yet it seems you think this is being feeble…
Do you also think it doesn’t matter if one is physically violent as long as the violence honest?
That’s just a stupid dumb strawman comment…but then your just a man,and men are stupid.

Oh and you are a snob just like that dumb Kunt Walker…
So you don't understand that there are other forms of violence (besides physical violence)?
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:51 pm I happen to believe very strongly that intended physical violence against other sentient feeling beings is a bad idea. Because if I can experience pain and suffering..then so can they. And to me, it’s a stupid game to play.
Then why do you play it?
Your violent language is just as violent as a punch in the face.
Have you ever heard the saying words cut deeper than a knife?
Just because you might be immune to cutting words, others might not be so thick skinned - they might actually suffer from your insults - but, sorry, yes, I forgot... you "stopped caring about other peoples opinions" a long time ago...

As I see it, if you were really intent on not committing "violence against other sentient feeling beings" then you would actually adjust your language and converse in a non-violent way - yet, if someone points this out to you, all you do is reply with some more insults and swear words...
I wonder if you are really as "intelligent" as you say you are ... don't you see and understand that violent language is also a form of violence - the very thing you reject...?
But yes, sure... its much easier to ignore this idea and continue on the path you have apparently been walking since early childhood - a path that led you to an insensitive position of not "caring about other peoples opinions" and rather only hold on to your own opining of "life is disgusting"...

By the way, yes, our modern society has unfortunately become numb to bad language, people believe its OK to "swear like a sailor", but what they don't realise is that this kind of behaviour does nothing good for them (or anybody else) - its actually quite the opposite, it makes people insensitive, numb to violence and makes the step to physical violence so much easier.
Oh please ...quit the whining and bellyaching, the sentimental mush is almost in danger of melting my heart.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

surreptitious57 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:58 pm
Dontaskme wrote:
The only good thing about life is that it ends
I am so glad that my life will end one day because I can think of nothing worse than eternal existence
And so when I die I absolutely want to stay dead forever and hopefully reality will allow this to happen
And me, thank God for the two black infinities each side of the temporal insane crack of light that is suffering and pain.

Hopefully, life on this planet is just a one off event, hopefully, when the sun goes supernova, life for sentient living organisms will never happen again. But I'm not going to hold my breath. At least death can be seen as the last refuge, at least life has got some relief from the grief going for it. I cannot imagine anything more torturous than eternal life for an individual, oh wait, I think they called that heaven, or was it hell. . Hmm... :D

I wonder if the universe will mourn the parasitic disgusting bile that graced planet earth. Probably not, just as the universe is not in mourning for saturn, or jupiter, or mars, or venus or uranus.

Belinda

Post by Belinda »

AlexW wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:40 am
Walker wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:13 am What's the course for what one knows are bad thoughts? If one has a doubt about expressing a thought with body or voice, then first giving the doubt some rational attention is in order. Pause.

Actions or words must first pass through some tests that can pre-determine the effects.
Yes, agree, it's a good idea to think before speaking, or even a step further: to be aware of the thoughts that cross your mind and not follow each and every one into the darkness it might conjure up... life becomes much more beautiful once thought has "calmed down" to a level where the simplicity of here/now can actually be recognised.
But there is no such time as the here and now. What you mean by the here and now is focus on immediate bodily sensations and information from the immediate environment. This is what mindfulness meditation is. Mindfulness meditation so-called is the obvious means of relaxing from worries and anxieties and is a very good way to get off to sleep, even during heatwaves. During waking awareness mindfulness meditation is good for occasional relaxation.

It is however not to be considered as something you do all the time; men are planners , pattern makers, and narrative composers; and it is best for us to be slightly anxious and stressed for a goodly proportion of waking hours.

I am not advocating harmful or dangerous ruminations which are no use to man or beast and at best are a waste of time. It is entirely possible to get out of a habit of harmful ruminating. A lot of people think you can't control your thoughts but this is actually not the case, you can control what you think about, although you may be out of practice.This is where mindfulness meditation comes in; it is a form of self control, a sort of mental hygiene for occasional recreation of one's mental and emotional power.
AlexW

Post by AlexW »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:33 am the sentimental mush is almost in danger of melting my heart
Glad to hear you still got one :-)
AlexW

Post by AlexW »

Belinda wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:18 am But there is no such time as the here and now.
Agree.
Belinda wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:18 am What you mean by the here and now is focus on immediate bodily sensations and information from the immediate environment. This is what mindfulness meditation is
Yes, that is what I mean - but I would also include thought into this mix.
Belinda wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:18 am Mindfulness meditation so-called is the obvious means of relaxing from worries and anxieties and is a very good way to get off to sleep, even during heatwaves. During waking awareness mindfulness meditation is good for occasional relaxation.
Yes, sure, but one can be mindful and alert all the time without dropping off to sleep - for me, the effect of "mindfulness" is actually the exact opposite of going to sleep - it is a highly alert state of presence.
Belinda wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:18 am it is however not to be considered as something you do all the time
For me it is - but it's not an activity that I do - meaning: it is not a strenuous effort to be mindful.
Belinda wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:18 am men are planners , pattern makers, and narrative composers; and it is best for us to be slightly anxious and stressed for a goodly proportion of waking hours.
Planning and making patterns doesn't have to result in anxiety or stress - if it does there is something wrong and the issue should be investigated.
Belinda wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:18 am I am not advocating harmful or dangerous ruminations which are no use to man or beast and at best are a waste of time
Agree
Belinda wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:18 am A lot of people think you can't control your thoughts but this is actually not the case, you can control what you think about, although you may be out of practice.
As I see it, you actually cannot control what you think about. You can only notice and be aware of thought - and the light of awareness automatically "burns away" harmful thoughts - it's really only a matter of training presence/awareness (its similar to training your body when learning something new - eg when riding a bike: you practise, you fall off, but somewhen the balance happens on its own).
I think it is slightly "pretentious" to believe one is actually in control of thought (who would be this one anyway? the thinker is not more than another thought.)
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

AlexW wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:33 pm
I guess in practice, you literally fail on all accounts when exercising your dumb pityful nonsense theory.

AlexW wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:33 pmto be aware of the thoughts that cross your mind and not follow each and every one into the darkness it might conjure up... life becomes much more beautiful once thought has "calmed down" to a level where the simplicity of here/now can actually be recognised.
The apparent agitation is palpable. But oh, that's ok, I can just wish it all away, with my BS nonsense, that's right, I can just delude myself constantly with wanting reality to be other than what it is, that's right, that'll do it, that will make life so much karma for me. . ( pass me the puke bag !)

By the way, non-violence is violence ..dumbo. How can ''violence'' ever be not violence. I think you are confused about your own meaning of what violence is. Do earthquakes know they are violent, do volcanoes know they are violent. Does the sun knows it's effects are violent to every sensitive sentient living organism ...I think the answers are an infatic NO they do not know, why, because they do not give a flying fancy fart about sentient living organisms.

Just so you know, this one here hates physical abuse, I personally, would never kill or physically strike another living sentient thing intentionally.. except in self defence, but even that's not for me to know until I'm actually in that situation. I really do not know how I will react in the moment. . so keep your blubbering emotional tripe out of my way. Eat your own shit, and do not follow my thoughts into your own phobia of the darkness. I've heard your nonsense all before, my little shiny shoe shine idiot.

There's only two jobs for people to do here on this planet. 1: make a mess, and 2: clean up the mess. It's an endless cycle of self perpetuating relief from grief. Rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat...shame your theory didn't work out for you. Oh that's right, it's a dumb arse theory, told by liars to gullible people for money.

Violence and the absence of violence doesn't make violence go away by just pretending it wont rise it's ugly head ever again. But if I recognise it's just a concept, then that'll be ok eh? .....''action'' speaks louder than words.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker

Post by Walker »

AlexW wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:40 am

Once a little germ of an evil thought gets some momentum from attention, and a boost of affirmation from resentment, it can grow as big and uncontrollable as a California wild fire and the thing is, knowing this intellectually can be a feeble defense against saying or doing something really stupid, or mean, cruel, unfeeling, unthinking, dangerous, etc.

One hears relatively rare instances of grown men, who are otherwise somewhat responsible contributors to society, rolling around amongst stopped traffic wheels on a hot freeway while at the throat of another human. Or else, grabbing various kinds of clubs from their autos and chasing each other around while shouting. Or, one shooting the other dead.

Or, more often one can hear the mind transmission of the same energy radiating from behind an Interweb mask of anonymity.

That same energy can be heard in the voice, which is why men learn to either tone it down or face the consequences, which are rarely the same consequences, at least in public, that a woman faces with her voice energy more suited to expressing, “Help! Help!”

Antidotes?: Being burned to the core by humiliation, shame, and regret can be an effective memory to trigger a pause and step back to intellectually wonder, what the hell is going on out here on the freeway? However in humans, learning through pain is supposed to be replaced by learning through intelligence that has the capacity to imagine “implications.”

Avoidance of pain is the advantage of intelligence.

But, as a voice-energy deterrent, burning humiliation pointed as a weapon, rather than using that same energy as a personal cause to pause, is not necessary effective against buffalo hide or gator hide that cybernetically adapts to whatever becomes customary, be it a mansion or internment camp, or shouted invectives, or graphics-energy. :wink:

And, fools certainly can’t be discounted or underestimated. In fact, one can often hear assertions that foolishness is becoming more the standard, a standard that if true can be attributed to ignorance caused by a poor education, and lest we forget both personal experience and the historical record, fools can often find a way around the best laid plans, given enough time. So, once again it boils down to how.

Because the primary advocate is oneself, and because folks wear masks for self-protection rather than to protect others, how is one to strengthen the feeble defenses against evil thought-energy that can grow and and spread like Kudzu-energy, or wildfire-energy that unleashes evil doing-energy; that can grow from a seed and spread tendrils like spider webs into a mind-portal to become an evil installation choking off every nascent thought that might not fit rage’s narrative.

It is to wonder. :D