Parasites

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Parasites

Post by Dontaskme »

The universe does not need you.
It doesn't give a hoot whether you are here or not, it will not miss you Earthlins when you are gone, certaintly not anymore than it misses the Martians or the Saturnites, or the Mercurians or the Venuslins or the Uranuslins or the Neptunians or the Jupitarians.

The sooner we accept the truth that is reality, the better we will feel, and the easier it will be for us to die. I know it's hard to die, but it's actually the easiest thing you will ever do, because you won't have to lift a finger, it will screw you over. It's been doing this to you all your life since the day you were born. Acceptance is the key to a good life, when you can just laugh out loud in the face of sheer irreversable hopelessness.

The five stages of grief are:
denial.
anger.
bargaining.
depression.
acceptance.

Re: Parasites

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:28 am The universe does not need you.
It doesn't give a hoot whether you are here or not, it will not miss you Earthlins when you are gone, certaintly not anymore than it misses the Martians or the Saturnites, or the Mercurians or the Venuslins or the Uranuslins or the Neptunians or the Jupitarians.

The sooner we accept the truth that is reality, the better we will feel, and the easier it will be for us to die.
Was there ever a human being who thought that the Universe, Itself, needed 'them', a 'you', anyway?

If 'you' know of one, then would they come on this forum to chat?

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:28 am I know it's hard to die, but it's actually the easiest thing you will ever do, because you won't have to lift a finger, it will screw you over. It's been doing this to you all your life since the day you were born. Acceptance is the key to a good life, when you can just laugh out loud in the face of sheer irreversable hopelessness.
But the main reason human beings want to and do kill themselves is because they have NO hope at all left.

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:28 am The five stages of grief are:
denial.
anger.
bargaining.
depression.
acceptance.

Is this for EVERY human being? Or, just for some?
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Perhaps it does care.
bahman

Post by bahman »

The sooner we accept the truth that is reality, the better we will feel, and the easier it will be for us to die. I know it's hard to die, but it's actually the easiest thing you will ever do, because you won't have to lift a finger, it will screw you over. It's been doing this to you all your life since the day you were born. Acceptance is the key to a good life, when you can just laugh out loud in the face of sheer irreversable hopelessness.

denial.
anger.
bargaining.
depression.
acceptance.

You cannot switch off your mind! :mrgreen:
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:28 am
denial.
anger.
bargaining.
depression.
acceptance.
Age wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:57 am Is this for EVERY human being? Or, just for some?
There was a watershed work, On Death and Dying, by Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, some 50 or so years ago, in which terminal patients were interviewed about their perspectives on end of life subjects.

It was posited that these 5 stages applied to everyone to some degree or other in some sequence or other. Some patients even repeated some stages along the way.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

denial.
anger.
bargaining.
depression.
acceptance.

This is very well said. I think it sums up things really well. Thanks. :)

Post by Age »

commonsense wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:56 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:28 am
denial.
anger.
bargaining.
depression.
acceptance.
Age wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:57 am Is this for EVERY human being? Or, just for some?
There was a watershed work, On Death and Dying, by Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, some 50 or so years ago, in which terminal patients were interviewed about their perspectives on end of life subjects.

It was posited that these 5 stages applied to everyone to some degree or other in some sequence or other. Some patients even repeated some stages along the way.
MY APOLOGIES. I did read that as that it was saying that they occurred in that order. I will have to continue learning to read more thoroughly. So thank you for pointing this out.

Oh, and by the way, once one discovers who they Truly ARE, then there can be NO 'grief' at all.