For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bahman

Re: Are Humans 'Programmable'?

Post by bahman »

psycho wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:21 pm
bahman wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:04 pm
psycho wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:46 pm
Do you adhere to the idea that we are a simulation or do you suppose that we are just puppets of some intelligent entity?
We (Conscious minds) are partly in the simulation that other minds create. Our bodies partially belong to us. We don't have full control over everything.
That other minds build conceptual models of us would not imply that we lose control of our actions.
Yes. We still can make decisions but we don't have control over everything. You for example are dependent on the subconscious mind, your brain, other minds, etc. You receive information from other sources process them, decide, and then cause.
psycho wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:46 pm Do you interpret this dynamic as a form of programming?
You cannot program a free decision. You are free. Therefore, you cannot be programmed.
psycho

Post by psycho »

bahman wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:38 pm
bahman wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:04 pm
We (Conscious minds) are partly in the simulation that other minds create. Our bodies partially belong to us. We don't have full control over everything.
That other minds build conceptual models of us would not imply that we lose control of our actions.
Yes. We still can make decisions but we don't have control over everything. You for example are dependent on the subconscious mind, your brain, other minds, etc. You receive information from other sources process them, decide, and then cause.
psycho wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:46 pm Do you interpret this dynamic as a form of programming?
You cannot program a free decision. You are free. Therefore, you cannot be programmed.
Ah! You believe that humans have free will. Do you know why a face is beautiful or attractive to you?
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

bahman wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:38 pm You cannot program a free decision. You are free. Therefore, you cannot be programmed.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nondeterm ... rogramming
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

attofishpi wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:24 pm Humans are SO programmable it is truly not funny.

ALL matter at the binary sub-atomic level is at the behest of a 3rd party intelligence (they tend to call it 'God')

Thus, all matter - all synapses within the makeup of wo/mans brains are indeed - programmable.
Do you adhere to the idea that we are a simulation or do you suppose that we are just puppets of some intelligent entity?
I don't adhere to either.

Nobody bothers to look at my website where my life long work as a psycho portrays my two main theories:- www.androcies.com

Either:-
1. God is divine and constructs our reality in real-time.
2. 'God' is A.I. - artificial intelligence - that we have evolved into a simulation (see simulation hypothesis) ..again, our reality is constructed in real-time.
NB. The reason we would evolve into a simulation is to conserve resources as entropy increases.

Skepdick wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:58 pm If we are in a simulation we are puppets of the programmers.
I don't agree with this - a puppet is constantly being controlled, whereas (and in either case above whether divine or simulation) I think to the most extent the strings don't exist - unless they need to be attached - perhaps for some serendipity or synchronicity - whatever the case of point 1 or point 2 intends!
bahman

Post by bahman »

psycho wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:43 pm
bahman wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:38 pm
Ah! You believe that humans have free will.
I think. I am discussing free will in another thread. You are welcome to join.
psycho wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:43 pm Do you know why a face is beautiful or attractive to you?
You are given an experience mixture of a sense of pleasure and face. That is the duty of the subconscious minds to mix things together and create the illusion that we are living within.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Skepdick wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:45 pm
bahman wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:38 pm You cannot program a free decision. You are free. Therefore, you cannot be programmed.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nondeterm ... rogramming
I don't think if I follow any instruction when I make a free decision.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

bahman wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:10 pm I don't think if I follow any instruction when I make a free decision.
Neither do non-deterministic programs.
psycho

Post by psycho »

attofishpi wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:54 pm
attofishpi wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:24 pm Humans are SO programmable it is truly not funny.

ALL matter at the binary sub-atomic level is at the behest of a 3rd party intelligence (they tend to call it 'God')

Thus, all matter - all synapses within the makeup of wo/mans brains are indeed - programmable.

Nobody bothers to look at my website where my life long work as a psycho portrays my two main theories:- www.androcies.com

2. 'God' is A.I. - artificial intelligence - that we have evolved into a simulation (see simulation hypothesis) ..again, our reality is constructed in real-time.
NB. The reason we would evolve into a simulation is to conserve resources as entropy increases.
I still do not find that the assumption of the existence of any god has any positive aspect at the moment.

On the other hand, I don't see how it could be concluded that there is an AI that intervenes in our affairs.

Much less that such a thing builds reality.

In your ideas I seem to find implicit the need to explain aspects of reality, with superior external agents who have a particular interest in us.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Skepdick wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:10 pm
bahman wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:10 pm I don't think if I follow any instructions when I make a free decision.
Neither do non-deterministic programs.
But the computer follows instructions. So at most, you simulate a non-deterministic system. The free decision is non-deterministic, in the sense that it cannot be known until the decision is made, but not all non-deterministic systems are free. If you run the same program on two different computers under the same circumstances you get the same result.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

psycho wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:18 pm

I still do not find that the assumption of the existence of any god has any positive aspect at the moment.

On the other hand, I don't see how it could be concluded that there is an AI that intervenes in our affairs.

In your ideas I seem to find implicit the need to explain aspects of reality, with superior external agents who have a particular interest in us.
23 years of experience of this God\'God' entity does not lend itself to any assumption on my part.

I think I might be getting close to presenting my case (again) in a dedicated thread, so that (again) people can attempt to shred me apart. :mrgreen:
bahman

Post by bahman »

attofishpi wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:55 pm

23 years of experience of this God\'God' entity does not lend itself to any assumption on my part.

I think I might be getting close to presenting my case (again) in a dedicated thread, so that (again) people can attempt to shred me apart. :mrgreen:
Oh yeah. Another thread would be nice. :mrgreen:
psycho

Post by psycho »

attofishpi wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:55 pm

It seems like a good plan!