my library

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Advocate

my library

Post by Advocate »

This is my "philosophy" library. What am i missing?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 6y_pfCpYg/
Veritas Aequitas

Re: my library

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

It is good that one have read that many books in contrast to those who have read a few or none at all.

You posted this before and I commented there in.
viewtopic.php?p=473244#p473244

Since this is a philosophy forum, I suggested you marked all the philosophy books and add a sub-heading, then sort them. So readers don't have to scan the whole list to spot any books they are interested or to discuss.

Earlier, you asked is that enough?
Personally I would read at least 10-20 books/papers for each topic I am interested comprising authors for and against the topic.
For Kant alone, I have 1900 files [books, paper, articles, notes, charts] in 35 folders.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Read the Midgley and Berlin books you have there. Dont' bother with most of the other philosophy stuff in that list.

Get Philosophy and the Mirror of nature (Rorty), then quit posing a grand philosopher until you have read and understood it well enough to reconsider your pretentious comment on Kant.
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote="Veritas Aequitas" post_id=487861 time=1609753785 user_id=7896]
It is good that one have read that many books in contrast to those who have read a few or none at all.

You posted this before and I commented there in.
viewtopic.php?p=473244#p473244

Since this is a philosophy forum, I suggested you marked all the philosophy books and add a sub-heading, then sort them. So readers don't have to scan the whole list to spot any books they are interested or to discuss.

Earlier, you asked is that enough?
Personally I would read at least 10-20 books/papers for each topic I am interested comprising authors for and against the topic.
For Kant alone, I have 1900 files [books, paper, articles, notes, charts] in 35 folders.
[/quote]

There is a column for that (heading) which individuals can sort by, but i leave it sorted by title because the line between philosophy and "philosophy of" is infinitely malleable and sociology, psychology, etc. do equal work on the whole. I haven't read all of these yet, and i haven't keep track of the ones i have until lately, when the list was created, but there's a column for that too. I take it that you propose adding an exhaustive stack of academic philosophy to the mix?
Veritas Aequitas

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

Advocate wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:58 pm There is a column for that (heading) which individuals can sort by, but i leave it sorted by title because the line between philosophy and "philosophy of" is infinitely malleable and sociology, psychology, etc. do equal work on the whole. I haven't read all of these yet, and i haven't keep track of the ones i have until lately, when the list was created, but there's a column for that too. I take it that you propose adding an exhaustive stack of academic philosophy to the mix?
Your file do not allow sorting and editing.
There is a feature in Excel where you can allow users with permitted access to click the respective sorting column. [You could be familiar with it] here's just in case,

https://edu.gcfglobal.org/en/excel2007/ ... g-cells/1/
Click the drop-down arrow next to the heading you would like to filter. For example, if you would like to only view data regarding Flavors, click the drop-down arrow next to Category.

I propose you add what is relevant and reasonable for the purpose of philosophy be it academic or otherwise.