Why Christianity May Be the Most Logical Religion.

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Lacewing

Re: Why Christianity May Be the Most Logical Religion.

Post by Lacewing »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:09 am You really are in NO position to talk about logic or rational arguments, you are quite simply the stupidest dumb fuck without a clue about logic on this forum
Oh, I think we both know that's not true. You're just spun up because I called you out on being dishonorable and cowardly for the way you insist that others answer your questions, but you won't provide your own answers. It's a truth that you have demonstrated before, as well as now. And yes, your games of avoidance are noticeably childish. It's your crap, not mine.
attofishpi wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:09 am You state that Christian beliefs are illogical, and then provide 5 statements without a skerrik of an address as to HOW these points are illogical.
Because they seem self-evident to me... and probably to a lot of other people who don't feel that their theism is being threatened. As I said, they've already been discussed at length on this site (which you are fully aware of). I'm happy to do so again with anyone who is sincerely open to contributing and exploring equally. Your approach is to create convoluted arguments about each of my statements so that you can focus on trying to dismantle them rather than producing statements of logic. Are you not able to produce such statements easily for all the other readers here? Is this just a little pissy game you're playing with me because you have nothing of your own to offer?
attofishpi wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:09 amSo stop wasting my fucking time and accusing me of being a childish dishonorable coward you fucking idiot bimbo.
Well, I've given you reasons for why I said you are a childish dishonorable coward. The names you call me are absurd and only make me laugh as you further demonstrate what you're about.
attofishpi wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:09 am What is more childish than posting a whole bunch of these stupid emotes.
Your behavior and avoidance games.

I use them for showing my tone which can be misunderstood especially when language is strong. People might think I'm pissed off and screaming when actually I'm laughing. Might as well have fun. Catering to people's crap doesn't help humankind. Kindness is always easy and natural to share with those who are likewise and responsive. I figure if someone is doing such a big show of playing games that are disingenuous and dishonorable, they must want/need someone to uncloak them. So I'll jump on the stage and play!

DO YOU have any logic to contribute on behalf of Christianity? It would be interesting to read. Perhaps you can demonstrate how to do it to the standards you are expecting of others. :D
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:26 am However, I contend it is logical to believe in the illogical.
Despite a belief being fundamentally illogical, it is logical to be believed in it as long as it facilitate and optimize the person's survival in a given circumstances.
This is a very good point!

All kinds of things may seem illogical while their value and necessity are not measured/reflected with logic. This is how I view theism. It is helpful to a lot of people. It can also become a mindless drug, distorted to seemingly sanction all kinds of twisted and controlling behavior and beliefs which become epidemic in their proportions.

Can't outlaw everything that people might foolishly misuse though. Greater awareness beyond the hypnotic delusions helps build courage and independence.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:44 pmIf humans do all the things you say they do, and are wrong because of it, and you are human...are you wrong because the premises you present?

Regardless, taking evil out of the equation, we are left with the question of the good that people commit too.
That little we do good, is a huge delusion, we do far more damage to the environment and ourselves than good.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

HexHammer wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:57 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:44 pmIf humans do all the things you say they do, and are wrong because of it, and you are human...are you wrong because the premises you present?

Regardless, taking evil out of the equation, we are left with the question of the good that people commit too.
That little we do good, is a huge delusion, we do far more damage to the environment and ourselves than good.
And yet man is capable of good and this goodness is a reflection of Divinity.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:42 pm
Lacewing wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:49 am So, in order to understand the logic you speak of, one must completely agree with all of the components existing and connecting as YOU say they do, correct?
You asked how it is logical. You tell me what logic is if you disagree.
Personally, I simply don't share your kind of logic because I don't agree with all of the theist components you use. That is not real to me. The logic you use may make perfect sense to reality and life as you know it. Just as the logic I see/use makes sense to me.

Is there always one "right" and "true" kind of logic? Apparently not. We are living in different worlds while sharing the same planet. Fascinating, yes? There may be some ideas of logic we agree on... like the effects of gravity, or seasons, or which way the wind blows. But the fact that some people believe in gods, and some people don't, appears to reflect different sources and uses of logic.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:18 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:42 pm
Lacewing wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:49 am So, in order to understand the logic you speak of, one must completely agree with all of the components existing and connecting as YOU say they do, correct?
You asked how it is logical. You tell me what logic is if you disagree.
Personally, I simply don't share your kind of logic because I don't agree with all of the theist components you use. That is not real to me. The logic you use may make perfect sense to reality and life as you know it. Just as the logic I see/use makes sense to me.

To disagree with the argument because of premises does not disagree with what the logical form is, the logic is how the assertions connect not what the assertions are.

Is there always one "right" and "true" kind of logic? Apparently not.

That still necessitates a rule to logic. Many different logics still summary under one type of logic or one assertion.

We are living in different worlds while sharing the same planet. Fascinating, yes? There may be some ideas of logic we agree on... like the effects of gravity, or seasons, or which way the wind blows. But the fact that some people believe in gods, and some people don't, appears to reflect different sources and uses of logic.

This is summated under the logic of secularism or humanism.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:29 pm To disagree with the argument because of premises does not disagree with what the logical form is, the logic is how the assertions connect not what the assertions are.
Okay, I see what you're saying. Not sure I agree because it still seems weird to me to fashion logic on the illogical (as I see it).

For example, if someone were to tell you all about a world they believed in, of things that seemed obviously and completely illogical and unbelievable TO YOU, and they explained how their logic worked to support that world -- would you truly be reveling in their "logic" or rather noticing the illogical foundations they were working from?
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:46 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:29 pm To disagree with the argument because of premises does not disagree with what the logical form is, the logic is how the assertions connect not what the assertions are.
Okay, I see what you're saying. Not sure I agree because it still seems weird to me to fashion logic on the illogical (as I see it).

For example, if someone were to tell you all about a world they believed in, of things that seemed obviously and completely illogical and unbelievable TO YOU, and they explained how their logic worked to support that world -- would you truly be reveling in their "logic" or rather noticing the illogical foundations they were working from?
What is a logical foundation to work from?
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:27 pm
Lacewing wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:46 pm Okay, I see what you're saying. Not sure I agree because it still seems weird to me to fashion logic on the illogical (as I see it).

Why don't you answer my question so that we can see if there's any sort of shared understanding there? Is there anything YOU think is illogical? If the word "foundation" troubles you for some reason, remove it and you can still answer.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:18 pm
Lacewing wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:46 pm Okay, I see what you're saying. Not sure I agree because it still seems weird to me to fashion logic on the illogical (as I see it).

Why don't you answer my question so that we can see if there's any sort of shared understanding there? Is there anything YOU think is illogical? If the word "foundation" troubles you for some reason, remove it and you can still answer.
I can't answer your question considering if something is illogical to you then you must know, or at least define, what "logical" is.

What is "logical"?
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:52 pm
I can't answer your question considering if something is illogical to you then you must know, or at least define, what "logical" is.

What is "logical"?
It's not about MY definition of logical. The question is put to YOU, based on what YOU think. Please don't play games. Too many people do that here. Are there any ideas or beliefs that YOU think are illogical? If so, then you should be able to put yourself in that scenario I presented, and answer it for yourself, based on what/how you think.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Perhaps it is the most logical, especially so in its efforts to conjoin absurdities into a system as Christianity has, an enterprise Scholasticism was extremely adept at. Its requirement to think in a highly rigorous trained manner grooved the illogic of its premises into logical statements and conclusions. This type of groundwork in metering thought through logic proved itself preliminary to the Scientific Revolution where Abstractions were the one's observed, not merely invented and argued about.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:10 pmAnd yet man is capable of good and this goodness is a reflection of Divinity.
The divine also contains great evil, jealous gods wreaking havoc upon mankind you have a delusional fairytale picture of the divine, snap out of it!
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:01 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:52 pm

What is "logical"?
It's not about MY definition of logical. The question is put to YOU, based on what YOU think. Please don't play games. Too many people do that here. Are there any ideas or beliefs that YOU think are illogical? If so, then you should be able to put yourself in that scenario I presented, and answer it for yourself, based on what/how you think.
So what is logic if Christianity is illogical?

As for "being", all being has an underlying logic under it as all being is assumed and logic is the connection and seperation of assumptions.
Last edited by Eodnhoj7 on Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

HexHammer wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:12 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:10 pmAnd yet man is capable of good and this goodness is a reflection of Divinity.
The divine also contains great evil, jealous gods wreaking havoc upon mankind you have a delusional fairytale picture of the divine, snap out of it!
That did not answer my question. What about the good within man?

The gods are anthropomorphization of forces that govern man's behavior, they are real only as "spirits" of man with these spirits being stories. Christianity represents a literal anthropormization of divinity.