Another proof for existence of mind

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bahman

Another proof for existence of mind

Post by bahman »

There is experience, decision, and causation. These three things always correlate. Therefore, there is something that relates them together, the so-called mind.
commonsense

Re: Another proof for existence of mind

Post by commonsense »

bahman wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:15 pm There is experience, decision, and causation. These three things always correlate. Therefore, there is something that relates them together...
The final 4 words in your post are incohesive, so I removed them in quoting you here.

Something may cause the correlation to occur, but it is not necessarily the mind. It could be the Law of Experience, Decision and Causation.
bahman

Post by bahman »

commonsense wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:08 pm
bahman wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:15 pm There is experience, decision, and causation. These three things always correlate. Therefore, there is something that relates them together...
The final 4 words in your post are incohesive, so I removed them in quoting you here.

Something may cause the correlation to occur, but it is not necessarily the mind. It could be the Law of Experience, Decision and Causation.
What is the Law? Is it objective or subjective? I mean is it a thing or something mental?
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

bahman wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:08 am

What is the Law? Is it objective or subjective? I mean is it a thing or something mental?
There’s no such law. I suppose I should have said that it could be some as yet unidentified law instead of making up a name for a non-existent law. Sorry.
bahman

Post by bahman »

commonsense wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:20 pm
bahman wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:08 am

There’s no such law. I suppose I should have said that it could be some as yet unidentified law instead of making up a name for a non-existent law. Sorry.
No problem.