How did spirituality, belief in God and the continuing search for God change you?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bobevenson

Re: How did spirituality, belief in God and the continuing search for God change you?

Post by bobevenson »

Your ignorance speaks for itself.
Philosophy Explorer

Re: How did spirituality, belief in God and the continuing search for God change you?

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

bobevenson wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:51 pm Your ignorance speaks for itself.
It always does for you and your monomania has been certified on good authority.

PhilX 🇺🇸
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Is that the voice speaking softly in your ear, all of these posts...Ignorance? Is she your lover? Or is it a He?
"The Ouzo Prophecy" is that the bastard child?

Here let me respond for you to save you the trouble:

"You are ignorant"
"I am Bob the Baptist, Cincinatti is the Mystical Bablyon that justifies my credentials".
"I am a prophet"
"Only I understand the book of Revelation."

Okay so I got those out of the way, that should free up your schedule so you can come up with something new.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:11 pm
Is that the voice speaking softly in your ear, all of these posts...Ignorance? Is she your lover? Or is it a He?

"You are ignorant"
"I am Bob the Baptist, Cincinatti is the Mystical Bablyon that justifies my credentials".
"I am a prophet"

Okay so I got those out of the way, that should free up your schedule so you can come up with something new.
When I sent a copy of "The Ouzo Prophecy" to a number of biblical commentators, they all responded with some variation of "I don't understand it." I assumed they were just being nice and not wanting to be negative, so I sent it to "The Spiritual Counterfeits Project," an extremely conservative Christian organization that wouldn't be so kind, and wouldn't hesitate to vehemently attack the paper. The spokesman responded, "What can I say? Your argument is fascinating, tightly-reasoned, for sure. But I have to wonder, is it true?" He was referring to such comments as me being Bob the Baptist, precursor of the Second Coming of Christ whose name is Tor, that I can offer people salvation in a game called Ouzo, and that the Holy Trinity is Holy Spirit, Jesus Christ and Ouzo Cross. Now I ask you in all sincerity, is this not an example of divine intervention, an event that could never normally occur in a million years?
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

bobevenson wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:20 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:11 pm

"You are ignorant"
"I am a prophet"

When I sent a copy of "The Ouzo Prophecy" to a number of biblical commentators, they all responded with some variation of "I don't understand it." I assumed they were just being nice and not wanting to be negative, so I sent it to "The Spiritual Counterfeits Project," an extremely conservative Christian organization that wouldn't be so kind, and wouldn't hesitate to vehemently attack the paper. The spokesman responded, "What can I say? Your argument is fascinating, tightly-reasoned, for sure. But I have to wonder, is it true?" He was referring to such comments as me being Bob the Baptist, precursor of the Second Coming of Christ whose name is Tor, that I can offer people salvation in a game called Ouzo, and that the Holy Trinity is Holy Spirit, Jesus Christ and Ouzo Cross. Now I ask you in all sincerity, is this not an example of divine intervention, an event that could never normally occur in a million years?
No, what it is an argument.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Please, I doubt the spokesman for the SCP would even remember writing the letter, and would probably deny he ever did because in a way he didn't. I'm sure it was for my divine edification.
Last edited by bobevenson on Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

bobevenson wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:32 pm
Ginkgo wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:38 am Get a real job and stop living off the taxpayer.
Please, besides the spiritual, you know nothing about the political and economic, all of which are in the bailiwick of Bob the Baptist.
In other words, you have no university qualifications in economics and politics.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

As a prophet, my educational background is irrelevant, but as you may recall, the Champagne Sherry Principle of the American Energy Party (AEP) refers to the election of a girl named Sherry for Homecoming Queen at the University of Wisconsin, whose poster showed two bubbly Champagne glasses with the inscription, "Vote for Champagne Sherry for Homecoming Queen."
Philosophy Explorer

bobevenson wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:13 pm As a prophet, my educational background is irrelevant, but as you may recall, the Champagne Sherry Principle of the American Energy Party (AEP) refers to the election of a girl named Sherry for Homecoming Queen at the University of Wisconsin, whose poster showed two bubbly Champagne glasses with the inscription, "Vote for Champagne Sherry for Homecoming Queen."
IOW, he has no degree (I wonder where the champagne glasses showed up in the poster?)

PhilX 🇺🇸
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Are you as moronic as you sound or just pathetically trying to get a laugh? I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt.
Philosophy Explorer

bobevenson wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:42 pm Are you as moronic as you sound or just pathetically trying to get a laugh? I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt.
Talking about yourself again. We know you're a non-degreed individual.

PhilX 🇺🇸
Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

bobevenson wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:13 pm As a prophet, my educational background is irrelevant, but as you may recall, the Champagne Sherry Principle of the American Energy Party (AEP) refers to the election of a girl named Sherry for Homecoming Queen at the University of Wisconsin, whose poster showed two bubbly Champagne glasses with the inscription, "Vote for Champagne Sherry for Homecoming Queen."

It is relevant because you are not a prophet. I know you have trouble understanding embarrassment so I suggest a practical demonstration. After your round of golf make a public announcement in the clubhouse to all and sundry, tell them you are a prophet. That will give you good idea of what embarrassment is like.
Philosophy Explorer

Ginkgo wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:16 am

It is relevant because you are not a prophet. I know you have trouble understanding embarrassment so I suggest a practical demonstration. After your round of golf make a public announcement in the clubhouse to all and sundry, tell them you are a prophet. That will give you good idea of what embarrassment is like.
Would this make him a closet prophet?

PhilX 🇺🇸
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Ginkgo wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:16 am
bobevenson wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:13 pm As a prophet, my educational background is irrelevant, but as you may recall, the Champagne Sherry Principle of the American Energy Party (AEP) refers to the election of a girl named Sherry for Homecoming Queen at the University of Wisconsin, whose poster showed two bubbly Champagne glasses with the campaign slogan, "Vote for Champagne Sherry for Homecoming Queen."
That reminds me of a mystical event soon after my arrival in Cincinnati. A number of us played nine holes of golf at Winton Woods. Afterwards, we played liar's poker in the clubhouse. After a number of hands, I was dealt a dollar bill with two of some particular digit in the eight-digit serial number. For some reason, I decided to challenge every bid from the very beginning. When the bidding reached a high level, there were two players who continued bidding the digit I had two of. Finally, I bid not one over, but two over the previous bid, which must have seemed insane to the other players. This was not a hunch or strategic bid, but one of absolute certainty. I knew my bid was a winning bid, and any higher bid would be a losing bid. Everybody challenged my bid, and when we showed our dollar bills, I told each player how many of the digit he had without looking at his bill. I said to myself that it was like having the omniscience of God. I don't remember any reaction from the other players, but it was the last hand we played. It was almost as if their minds or egos had been utterly destroyed. This was the first spiritual event leading to Ouzo a number of years later.
Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

How about it Bob? Tell all your golfing buddies that you are a prophet. You won't do that because you know they would laugh in your face.