How did spirituality, belief in God and the continuing search for God change you?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Lacewing

Re: How did spirituality, belief in God and the continuing search for God change you?

Post by Lacewing »

bobevenson wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:06 pm It's not a question of success, it's my divinely inspired job.
:lol: :lol:

That's hilarious, Bob! Thanks.
Eodnhoj7

Re: How did spirituality, belief in God and the continuing search for God change you?

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

bobevenson wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:23 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:40 am
bobevenson wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:31 pm I am the only person on Earth who has ever understood the book of Revelation and the meaning of 666 in Rev. 13:18, as discussed in "The Ouzo Prophecy". You're the type of person who looks a gift horse in the mouth.
What do you want from all this attention Bob?
Please, my job as a prophet is to communicate spiritual truth to an irrational public, and I obviously have one of the hardest jobs in the world!

Considering you become who you hang around with, in this case the "irrational public", this does explain your behavior.
Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

bobevenson wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:06 pm It's not a question of success, it's my divinely inspired job.
What's the use of your job if not one single person believes you are a prophet? You are the one beating a dead horse.

bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Ginkgo wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:46 pm
What's the use of your job if not one single person believes you are a prophet? You are the one beating a dead horse.
I'm sure that's what they said to the prophet John on the isle of Patmos when he wrote the book of Revelation in 96AD, but I guess that's the life of a prophet.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

bobevenson wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:46 am
I'm sure that's what they said to the prophet John on the isle of Patmos when he wrote the book of Revelation in 96AD, but I guess that's the life of a prophet.
Actually his prophecy was handed down for centuries, it was accepted. Can you stand hundreds if not thousands of years?
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Please, you know nothing about the book of Revelation or any other prophetic writing, my friend.
Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

bobevenson wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:46 am
When John wrote the book of Revelation it was likely that he was insane.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Insane? Was he in a mental institution, or was he possibly a prisoner on this little island? What did he write with? What did he write on? This was 96AD. Why would anybody even begin to take him seriously? But as it says in "The Ouzo Prophecy," "Two thousand years ago, a soon-to-be, best-selling author, wrote about the evil of a city built on seven hills. It could have been today's Cincinnati, but it was yesterday's Rome. The author was John, and the book was Revelation."
Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

bobevenson wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:18 am Insane? Was he in a mental institution, or was he possibly a prisoner on this little island? What did he write with? What did he write on? This was 96AD. Why would anybody even begin to take him seriously? But as it says in "The Ouzo Prophecy," "Two thousand years ago, a soon-to-be, best-selling author, wrote about the evil of a city built on seven hills. It could have been today's Cincinnati, but it was yesterday's Rome. The author was John, and the book was Revelation."
John suffered from hallucinations which provided the basis for his prophecy. The science based explanation for that is mental illness. On the other hand, he might have been drinking too much Ouzo.

bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Well, first of all, if you have any command of your mental faculties, you might want to start spelling the word "ouzo" with a lower case "o" when speaking of the drink, and an upper case "O" when speaking of the game, church or prophecy. Secondly, while an ordinary hallucination may be the sign of mental illness, a divinely inspired vision is a horse of an entirely different color.
Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

As I said before, there is no explanation for hallucinations other than the scientific one. We all know the cause of your hallucination.
Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

bobevenson wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:23 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:40 am
bobevenson wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:31 pm I am the only person on Earth who has ever understood the book of Revelation and the meaning of 666 in Rev. 13:18, as discussed in "The Ouzo Prophecy". You're the type of person who looks a gift horse in the mouth.
What do you want from all this attention Bob?
Please, my job as a prophet is to communicate spiritual truth to an irrational public, and I obviously have one of the hardest jobs in the world!

Get a real job and stop living off the taxpayer.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Ginkgo wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:22 am As I said before, there is no explanation for hallucinations other than the scientific one.
Please, you cannot dismiss divinely inspired visions that easily. There is in fact a divine explanation for hallucinations which is not subject to scientific analysis.
Last edited by bobevenson on Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Ginkgo wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:38 am Get a real job and stop living off the taxpayer.
Please, besides the spiritual, you know nothing about the political and economic, all of which are in the bailiwick of Bob the Baptist.
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

bobevenson wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:32 pm
Ginkgo wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:38 am Get a real job and stop living off the taxpayer.
Please, besides the spiritual, you know nothing about the political and economic, all of which are in the bailiwick of Bob the Baptist.
Please, your delusions don't make you knowledgeable. You have no degree from an accredited college/university, mystical credentials are worthless and your claims to knowing are laughable and have been refuted. Unless you're retired, get a job.

PhilX 🇺🇸