Verbal abuse and cyber-bullying on Philosophy Now forums

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Seleucus

Verbal abuse and cyber-bullying on Philosophy Now forums

Post by Seleucus »

Verbal abuse and cyber-bullying is happening on Philosophy Now forums. Everyone has the right to be treated with respect and not made a victim of pejorative name-calling and persistent harassment and personal attacks.

If you are experiencing abuse and cyber-bullying report it immediately,

https://www.stopbullying.gov/cyberbully ... index.html
http://www.report-it.org.uk/bullying_and_harassment
https://www.acorn.gov.au/

Verbal abuse and cyber-bullying are crimes and can be prosecuted under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 and Crime and Disorder Act 1998.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... -abuse-law
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/law-a ... arassment/
vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Verbal abuse and cyber-bullying on Philosophy Now forums

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

It would be more helpful if you gave some examples on here, with links. Thanks.
EchoesOfTheHorizon

Post by EchoesOfTheHorizon »

True, but it can also be abused, exploited as a tool of threatening harassment as well. Was a case on ILP with Phred The Phuckhead and Ben JS, Ben (A Australian minor) would keep in conversations and trigger
Phred, then demanded the administrator (who claims to be a D.C. Lawyer, claims....) follow Australian law and report Phred.

That was shot down fast after it was pointed out that Australian law didn't have effect in the US, that Phred was too poor and couldn't reasonably go to Australia, and that Ben was orchestrating it all.... which Australian law didn't take into consideration. Phred was mentally off balanced, became a hobo afterwards. Couldn't pose a threat to anyone elsewhere.

Comes a point where you have to look at a forum, and recognize that a philosophy forum should have more mature members skilled in dialectic and rhetoric, who know better than a jury ever could, about the use of words, and should have clarity of mind and a thicker skin. I do get harassed, primarily from Vegetarian Taxidermy stalking my threads, making nonsensical scenes without reason, or Sir Sister or David trying to get threads deleted which are sincere and trying to get a decent discussion going, but prejudice from idiots is a natural part of life, and a good philosopher should know how to handle it. I dislike going to moderators to deal with this, much preferring to show such fools for what they are. I'm certainly not going to go running to a court or lawyer short of real threat or financial fraud.

If someone hurts your feelings, outright lies, etc, grow a thicker skin, learn how to retort, build on your arsenal of possible reply, and keep open your options for figuring out how to reply meaningfully to them, or at least discredit them in the eyes of others. You don't always have the luxury of a loving crowd, philosophers often have a hostile audience to contend with, don't go running to authorities to use coercive force, learn to instead think, and use your words.

Besides, those links don't really apply to Americans, they are for British commonwealth states more than anything, and even then most police or judges/magistrates are going to view it as zero loss financially, and at best emotional, not physical harm and will be deeply unlikely to drop manpower and financial resources to resolve issues. Much better would be the effort amongst everyone here to act more mature. Moderators being forced to mindlessly assault every user making a claim will quickly be exploited by others, and it will result in everyone being banned and the forum inevitably being shut down.

Basically, don't say things you wouldn't say to a bigger, hostile man, and seriously.... have a obvious purpose for being around.... show evidence you are interested in philosophy. It is one thing if you are brand new to philosophy, ignorance isn't shameful if you are starting off, but several of you, I've never seen any evidence you know anything, on any subject, hold any position. Seems the only thing you do is mindlessly assault thread after thread, arguing is the discussion is legit or belongs here or there.... fuck dude, just like.... develop opinions about subjects resembling philosophy, and post on them, and stop posting endless nonsense chitchat that hasn't anything whatsoever with a philosophical idea, even tangentially. Some of the most self righteous loudmouths in this forum, they never actually post ideas. Maybe they have some secret forum invisible to me, gotta have 1000 posts to observe it, where all the good ideas are stored.

Basically, more ideas, less bitching, and if you are going to bitch, at least have a relevant, opposing idea you have so people can argue ideas and not just shallow personality. I will honor relevant bitching that might actually resolve something intellectual over intolerant bitching on style, persona, and motivations any day. It is a fucking philosophy forum people, do philosophy. Simple shit.
vegetariantaxidermy

Must be the philosophy you are always saying others don't do ↑↑↑
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:38 am It would be more helpful if you gave some examples on here, with links. Thanks.
He's talking about me, as one, and davidm as another. I believe Greta is also one of his cyber bullies.

Course, comparing the likeness of trans and gay people to pedophilia and bestiality is totally fair game, as is telling a trans person she's mentally ill, or telling me that I'm an radical leftist' with my head in the sand, based entirely on a misunderstanding of what I was actually saying.

And of course, my absolute favorite, is when I found this gem a few weeks ago where he called you a, well, why don't we let him speak for himself...
Seleucus wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:08 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:04 pm
Seleucus wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:01 pm
What I understand, you cock sucking piece of shit loser, you utter idiot and gross slob, you fucking garbage pig, is you're a leftist because you resent your society that you couldn't keep up with.

What was your gross income for 2016? Are you on welfare?
[snip]
As if your projections and resentment aren't behind your leftism!

You sallow hideous wench, you cum chugging nasty bitch. You ugly monstrous idiot. You moronic ass. You precambrian sloth, you vile larcenous toad. You slut. You rude slug. You pedophile and rancid whore.

What was your gross income for 2016?
Geez, maybe veggie should consider reporting you to that online bullying agency or whatever - hell, maybe she should even consider filing a defamation lawsuit against you, because you accused her of being a pedophile? Or, maybe just realize that you have absolutely no ground to stand on, and nobody is actually bullying you on here. You need to stop with the faux outrage, or grow a thicker skin, whichever one it is. There is still an absurd irony to someone who is as against PC culture as you are, constantly trying to find ways to censor others on this site because they make you feel uncomfortable. There probably does need to be some better moderation on this site, but trust me, the last thing they'd buy, is that you're some sort of victim of online harassment. You. Need. To. Stop it.
EchoesOfTheHorizon wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:42 amSir Sister or David trying to get threads deleted
Okay, this actually did trigger me a bit - because it is absolutely not true, never have I reported anyone on this site, nor have I ever called for a thread to be deleted. I'm usually one of the first members on this site to defend someone's right to voice their opinion on this site, as evident by this thread. You clearly don't care much about intellectual integrity, but in case you don't realize I've also defended YOUR right to post on this site, as well as trixie.

Don't just hurdle any accusation toward someone, just because you don't like them. Make sure it's something that's actually true to their character.
vegetariantaxidermy

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:40 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:38 am It would be more helpful if you gave some examples on here, with links. Thanks.
He's talking about me, as one, and davidm as another. I believe Greta is also one of his cyber bullies.

Course, comparing the likeness of trans and gay people to pedophilia and bestiality is totally fair game, as is telling a trans person she's mentally ill, or telling me that I'm an radical leftist' with my head in the sand, based entirely on a misunderstanding of what I was actually saying.

And of course, my absolute favorite, is when I found this gem a few weeks ago where he called you a, well, why don't we let him speak for himself...
Seleucus wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:08 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:04 pm

[snip]
As if your projections and resentment aren't behind your leftism!

You sallow hideous wench, you cum chugging nasty bitch. You ugly monstrous idiot. You moronic ass. You precambrian sloth, you vile larcenous toad. You slut. You rude slug. You pedophile and rancid whore.

What was your gross income for 2016?
Geez, maybe veggie should consider reporting you to that online bullying agency or whatever - hell, maybe she should even consider filing a defamation lawsuit against you, because you accused her of being a pedophile? Or, maybe just realize that you have absolutely no ground to stand on, and nobody is actually bullying you on here. You need to stop with the faux outrage, or grow a thicker skin, whichever one it is. There is still an absurd irony to someone who is as against PC culture as you are, constantly trying to find ways to censor others on this site because they make you feel uncomfortable. There probably does need to be some better moderation on this site, but trust me, the last thing they'd buy, is that you're some sort of victim of online harassment. You. Need. To. Stop it.
EchoesOfTheHorizon wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:42 amSir Sister or David trying to get threads deleted
Okay, this actually did trigger me a bit - because it is absolutely not true, never have I reported anyone on this site, nor have I ever called for a thread to be deleted. I'm usually one of the first members on this site to defend someone's right to voice their opinion on this site, as evident by this thread. You clearly don't care much about intellectual integrity, but in case you don't realize I've also defended YOUR right to post on this site, as well as trixie.

Don't just hurdle any accusation toward someone, just because you don't like them. Make sure it's something that's actually true to their character.
Thanks. I just worked out who -1- reminds me of. Could they be the same person?
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

I don't know, I guess a mid-life crisis is just one hell of a thing.
EchoesOfTheHorizon

Post by EchoesOfTheHorizon »

You did shithead, and I won't forget, one of the trouble makers when I first showed up. I have a good reputation grinding scum like you into the ground over the long run. You really should of asked around about me before you started pulling your shit.

Some changes are happening. People don't have a reason to put up with your antics anymore, I will drag you ship side to side by your fucking nuts from now on. I'm not a pushover, and will make you pay for trying to get by on defaming and bullying without having a shred of knowledge or substance yourself. I can combine knowledge with taking care of myself, and intend to stick it out for the long haul.... the long, long haul.

What is going to change is people aren't going to fucking go running off crying to mother. This isn't what Socrates taught, not what Plato taught, not what Aristotle or Anthisthenes. When people give you problems, you don't take off in tears that someone gave your a emotional boo-boo or said a very unnice French word to you.

You grow a thicker skin, learn your options, gain control over your internal emotions, and you come up with a retort. Sir Sister and Vegetarian Taxidermy have already gotten the very first whiff of their eternal punishment, this will never end, I will persecute them until the ends of time for the shit they pulled, long past their final point of resistance. You gotta have a philosophical opinion to deserve to be part of any philosophical community, to be in any conversation, you lack in this and make scene after scene, people are going to turn on you, and tear you up. A death by ten thousand paper cuts, till you don't see the point of sticking around anymore.

Anyone wanting to stick around, talk philosophy, just talk philosophy, you won't have any problems, because soon they won't be a problem. They are going to hate this place as everyone turns on them. It will become unbearable to them in time. One thing, and one fucking thing only.... we got just one reason to be here, and that is to exchange and debate ideas, and you numbskulls can't do it. Swaddling yourself in the Union Jack doesn't qualify. You gotta use your mind.

You'll find your every day increasingly grown down by those around you, sick of you, calling you on your bullshit. The end is well fucking nigh. No moderators, no police hotlines (especially since they don't care, and lack jurisdiction or recourse for half anyway), we are just going to torment you the way philosophers have always tormented mouth breathers who show up to debates without ideas, making loud noises. We are going to make a damn fool out of you left and right. That is the only damn reputation you have at this point, is that of a manipulative, spineless troll fool. We've taken notice, you'll reap the fruits of your labor from this point foreward, for being a pointless disruption.
vegetariantaxidermy

Weird. I thought the sister of suck was one of the mildest posters on here. Hardly a rabid bullying troll.
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

EchoesOfTheHorizon wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:07 amYou did shithead
Calm down. What you claimed was an extremely serious accusation, I find. You don't need to call me a shithead, you don't need to threaten me with eternal punishment on an internet forum, just show me where it is that I've tried to get someone else's thread deleted. I sincerely cannot imagine why I would ever do that. The ongoing free speech debate is one of the main things that pulled me back into philosophy.
We are going to make a damn fool out of you left and right. That is the only damn reputation you have at this point, is that of a manipulative, spineless troll fool. We've taken notice, you'll reap the fruits of your labor from this point foreward, for being a pointless disruption.
You keep using the word "we". Who is "we", exactly?
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Seleucus wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:53 am Verbal abuse and cyber-bullying is happening on Philosophy Now forums. Everyone has the right to be treated with respect and not made a victim of pejorative name-calling and persistent harassment and personal attacks. ...
Boo Hoo, poor little lamb.
If you are experiencing abuse and cyber-bullying report it immediately,

https://www.stopbullying.gov/cyberbully ... index.html
http://www.report-it.org.uk/bullying_and_harassment
https://www.acorn.gov.au/

Verbal abuse and cyber-bullying are crimes and can be prosecuted under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 and Crime and Disorder Act 1998.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... -abuse-law
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/law-a ... arassment/
But you live abroad so out of our jurisdiction?
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Where have all these narcissistic numbnuts come from?

Did someone close a loony-bin somewhere?
surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

Seleucus why did you report Greta to the authorities you mentioned in your OP rather than simply report her to the mods
[ I am assuming you did not do this ] Have you ever done this before and if you have was any action taken or advice given
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

:lol: Please don't tell me he actually reported her?

As if the authorities don't have enough to deal with. :roll:
Greta

Post by Greta »

Arising_uk wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:49 pm :lol: Please don't tell me he actually reported her?

As if the authorities don't have enough to deal with. :roll:
He's reported me twice apparently, and someone else too. Of course it's meaningless. He is an obvious vexatious complainant.

Who is the bully? Since examples re needed, here is one:

I wrote:
You are the one claiming that whites are superior to blacks and that gays are living wrong. You are actually the bully. You have been bullying people on this forum consistently, browbeating them, refusing to accept evidence, demanding unrealistic evidence, making wild claims and then crying foul when they are called as wild.

Then, to compound matters, you are still wasting the resources of the cyberbullying police! I expect they will have to simply block your email address if you keep spamming them with irrelevancies.

Given your toxicity, for the sake of sanity I request that you stop this communication immediately.
Seleucus wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:12 amTypical of the abusive narcissist. Rather than saying sorry and recognizing I am a living human being and don't deserve to be called names and verbally abused, it's just straight on with the personal attacks, denial, and blaming the victim. You need to apologize both to me and to this discussion group community because I am not the first victim of your cyberbullying here. You are a heartless thug and need to learn some empathy, maybe start by reading this article about real people who have to make difficult choices involving their sexuality, see if you can manage to refrain from insulting and mocking them too, http://www.bbc.com/news/world-42183197
Greta wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:49 pmYou appear to be extremely depressed and strike me as a potential risk to self and others. Seek treatment. Seriously. Forget this silly game of words - heal yourself, and soon.
Seleucus wrote:More personal attacks. Nothing to contribute to the discussion on homosexualism. I've already asked you to stop verbally abusing me. At this point now you're a rapist. You have been reported. If you're in the UK you're chargeable under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 and Crime and Disorder Act 1998.
Q.E.D.