Homosexuality.

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

thedoc

Re: Homosexuality.

Post by thedoc »

davidm wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:14 am Does anyone around here actually have a sense of humor? :? It does not seem so. I've seen no evidence of any wit or humor here at all.
Hey! I'm right here ya know. I have tried but my style of humor is either too sophisticated or too off the mark as no-one seems to get it.
davidm

Post by davidm »

thedoc wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:48 pm
davidm wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:14 am Does anyone around here actually have a sense of humor? :? It does not seem so. I've seen no evidence of any wit or humor here at all.
Hey! I'm right here ya know. I have tried but my style of humor is either too sophisticated or too off the mark as no-one seems to get it.
Sorry, I still think of you mainly as an FF guy and a not a native here. :)
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

davidm wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:27 am
thedoc wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:48 pm
Sorry, I still think of you mainly as an FF guy and a not a native here. :)
Actually I started on Dropping Knowledge and if you look you will see that I am still the high poster there, then I joined the old Dissident Philosophy forum (the one that no longer exists) and was there till it was closed. I've tried several other forums but most of them were either very hostile to me or not very active, FF is one of the latter, not very active now, and that is a shame as I really liked that one, even if most of the members didn't like me. As far as being on line that started in right after we got a computer at home in 1997 when I joined EBay, I tried a few chat rooms but forums seemed to suit me better.

BTW I used to be listed as the Talk Rational chess champion as 'BardoXV' but my user ID isn't any good any more.
Seleucus

Post by Seleucus »

thedoc wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:21 pm I joined the old Dissident Philosophy forum (the one that no longer exists) and was there till it was closed.
I was Natalia/Anna, etc. Damn I miss Lavender Orchid/Imp-pulse.
Seleucus

Post by Seleucus »

About 75% of men who identify as homosexuals are married with a family. Regardless of what perversions we might entertain, it is the responsible thing to do.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Seleucus wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:46 pm About 75% of men who identify as homosexuals are married with a family. Regardless of what perversions we might entertain, it is the responsible thing to do.
So where does that 'scientific fact' come from?
Seleucus

Post by Seleucus »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:04 pm
Seleucus wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:46 pm About 75% of men who identify as homosexuals are married with a family. Regardless of what perversions we might entertain, it is the responsible thing to do.
Peer reviewed literature. Do you want me to dig up the article for you?
vegetariantaxidermy

Seleucus wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:34 pm
Yes.
Seleucus

Post by Seleucus »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:38 pm
Yes.
I'll look for it when I have some time later.
vegetariantaxidermy

Seleucus wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:39 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:38 pm
Yes.
Looking forward to it. :)
Seleucus

Post by Seleucus »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:50 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:38 pm Yes.
Ross (1990) Homosexuality and family relations p.40-41 reports on Humphreys (1970) who conducts interviews on 50 men occupied in gay activities at a "public convenience" and finds 54% report being married happily to women, link. This number percent is basically exactly the same as the percent of men 18 and older who are married in the US general population, link.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Seleucus wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:43 pm
thedoc wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:21 pm I joined the old Dissident Philosophy forum (the one that no longer exists) and was there till it was closed.

They're around somewhere, I believe Mayflow started her own forum BreakAwayForum, and I'm a member but I haven't looked in for a long time, Imp-pulse is on the new Dissidents philosophy and the BreakAwayForum, I'm not sure what user ID she is using.
Seleucus

Post by Seleucus »

thedoc wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:15 am

They're around somewhere, I believe Mayflow started her own forum BreakAwayForum, and I'm a member but I haven't looked in for a long time, Imp-pulse is on the new Dissidents philosophy and the BreakAwayForum, I'm not sure what user ID she is using.
No one who could be her on those boards has been active in years. I'm sad I lost contact with Lavender.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Seleucus wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:18 am
thedoc wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:15 am
No one who could be her on those boards has been active in years. I'm sad I lost contact with Lavender.
Lavender Orchid was using that user ID on the BreakAwayForum but she hasn't been active since 2015 and the last post was Jonathan Ansley Bain in March 2017. If you find Lavender let me know, I always liked her posts, even if I didn't understand them, and sometimes her posts were a bit off the wall. A lot of people would bitch at her posts when they didn't understand them. Mayflow was a bit strange, but I never let it bother me. Henry coaxed me to join the couch forum, but it is a bit inactive now.
vegetariantaxidermy

Seleucus wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:03 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:50 pm
Ross (1990) Homosexuality and family relations p.40-41 reports on Humphreys (1970) who conducts interviews on 50 men occupied in gay activities at a "public convenience" and finds 54% report being married happily to women, link. This number percent is basically exactly the same as the percent of men 18 and older who are married in the US general population, link.
Are you serious?