Happy Halloween!

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Happy Halloween!

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:20 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:17 amIt WAS something for children, but idiot adults now dress up, so it's just a dress-up day for adults, and as far as I can tell 'anything goes' in regard to what to wear. It's just rubbish. Not that I care, except that morons like to copy.
I used to have a very similar mindset around the type of people who dress up to play dungeons and dragons. But eh, it's just people enjoying themselves with a little harmless hobby. We're all guilty of that.
Not the same at all. The yanks have bastardised a bastardisation. That has to be a record. Do adults over there push children out of the way so they can sit on Santa's lap themselves? Isn't Halloween supposed to be something children do? Dress up in scary costumes and say 'trick or treat'? How did that turn into adults in Playboy bunny/spiderman/Donald Trump etc. etc. costumes and doing 'what' in them? Is there a point? It seems to me there's a maturity problem over there. Adults hijacking children's parties.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:02 pm
Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:20 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:17 amIt WAS something for children, but idiot adults now dress up, so it's just a dress-up day for adults, and as far as I can tell 'anything goes' in regard to what to wear. It's just rubbish. Not that I care, except that morons like to copy.
I used to have a very similar mindset around the type of people who dress up to play dungeons and dragons. But eh, it's just people enjoying themselves with a little harmless hobby. We're all guilty of that.
Not the same at all. The yanks have bastardised a bastardisation. That has to be a record. Do adults over there push children out of the way so they can sit on Santa's lap themselves? Isn't Halloween supposed to be something children do? Dress up in scary costumes and say 'trick or treat'? How did that turn into adults in Playboy bunny/spiderman/Donald Trump etc. etc. costumes and doing 'what' in them? Is there a point? It seems to me there's a maturity problem over there. Adults hijacking children's parties.
Veggie... seriously... what the fuck is wrong with you? Don't you ever let loose and have any uninhibited fun -- playing outside of who you normally pretend to be, or who you think you are? Don't you have anyone to play with? Why is everything so fucking serious and pissed off with you? Do you think that's being an intelligent adult -- to spend this life bitching and sending daggers at everyone? What a weird costume YOU appear to wear ALL the time!!! :twisted: :lol:
vegetariantaxidermy

Lacewing wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:16 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:02 pm
Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:20 am I used to have a very similar mindset around the type of people who dress up to play dungeons and dragons. But eh, it's just people enjoying themselves with a little harmless hobby. We're all guilty of that.
Veggie... seriously... what the fuck is wrong with you? Don't you ever let loose and have any uninhibited fun -- playing outside of who you normally pretend to be, or who you think you are? Don't you have anyone to play with? Why is everything so fucking serious and pissed off with you? Do you think that's being an intelligent adult -- to spend this life bitching and sending daggers at everyone? What a weird costume YOU appear to wear ALL the time!!! :twisted: :lol:
Nice counterargument :| And I stopped playing dress-ups when I was 9. I'm not really one for having a jolly old hoot with a group, laughing only to 'fit in'. It's only one step away from flaming torches (hmm, not a bad idea for a theme. Americans love themes. An angry mob with flaming torches chasing a nerd in full Star Trek garb).
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:36 pm Nice counterargument :| And I stopped playing dress-ups when I was 9. I'm not really one for having a jolly old hoot with a group, laughing only to 'fit in'. It's only one step away from flaming torches (hmm, not a bad idea for a theme. Americans love themes. An angry mob with flaming torches chasing a nerd in full Star Trek garb).
What is so intelligent and mature about how you dress now every day? It's just another form of dress-up. And for 'what', exactly? What is the game we play each day? Challenging the conventions, and not taking any of this too seriously, is a very healthy and intelligent thing to do (regardless of age or holiday)!

Maybe you need someone to play with. My American friends and I would play with you, Veggie. :lol: It’s really next to impossible not to have fun when you’re with people who are being genuine and full of joy. We're very mature about it. You might be surprised to discover whole new delighted realms within yourself. :) You're capable of being anything... not just what you may choose at one time or another.

Personally, I don’t think it’s very intelligent to NOT be enjoying ones time as much as possible on this planet... despite any challenging circumstances. It's up to us how serious we make it -- and there really are no rules.
vegetariantaxidermy

Lacewing wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:08 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:36 pm Nice counterargument :| And I stopped playing dress-ups when I was 9. I'm not really one for having a jolly old hoot with a group, laughing only to 'fit in'. It's only one step away from flaming torches (hmm, not a bad idea for a theme. Americans love themes. An angry mob with flaming torches chasing a nerd in full Star Trek garb).
What is so intelligent and mature about how you dress now every day? It's just another form of dress-up. And for 'what', exactly? What is the game we play each day? Challenging the conventions, and not taking any of this too seriously, is a very healthy and intelligent thing to do (regardless of age or holiday)!

Maybe you need someone to play with. My American friends and I would play with you, Veggie. :lol: It’s really next to impossible not to have fun when you’re with people who are being genuine and full of joy. We're very mature about it. You might be surprised to discover whole new delighted realms within yourself. :) You're capable of being anything... not just what you may choose at one time or another.

Personally, I don’t think it’s very intelligent to NOT be enjoying ones time as much as possible on this planet... despite any challenging circumstances. It's up to us how serious we make it -- and there really are no rules.
I'll keep that in mind. Or, in yankinese: I'll take that on board.
artisticsolution

Post by artisticsolution »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:22 am
artisticsolution wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:18 am
Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:29 pm ...Well, it's a good thing you state that with such a class and sophistication, yourself.

Anyway, somehow you always seem to drive the discussion back to your hatred of america, even on something as meaningless as a holiday where people dress up for fun. I think you should pick and choose your battles more carefully, because when your criticism really matters, people will be more inclined to not take you seriously.
Why are you being so nice, sir sister? It's still cantankerous bitch day! Live it up!
What about 'annoying cock-teasing flirt day' ?
It doesnt just roll off the tongue...

Or does it? :twisted:
vegetariantaxidermy

artisticsolution wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:55 pm

Why are you being so nice, sir sister? It's still cantankerous bitch day! Live it up!

Well neither is rooted in reality so I suppose we are even then? :)
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

:lol: VT just didn't get it. :lol:
vegetariantaxidermy

thedoc wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:11 pm

You could be a gentleman and explain it then, doc. 🚖
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:36 pm

If you acted like a decedent human being and not an arrogant bitch, I would.
vegetariantaxidermy

thedoc wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:03 am

Cop out. :lol:
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:21 am
thedoc wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:03 am
Cop out. :lol:
Reply in kind.
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:02 pmNot the same at all. The yanks have bastardised a bastardisation. That has to be a record. Do adults over there push children out of the way so they can sit on Santa's lap themselves? Isn't Halloween supposed to be something children do? Dress up in scary costumes and say 'trick or treat'? How did that turn into adults in Playboy bunny/spiderman/Donald Trump etc. etc. costumes and doing 'what' in them? Is there a point? It seems to me there's a maturity problem over there. Adults hijacking children's parties.
Funny enough, Santa is an adult playing dress up. You don't seem to have a problem with that.

Why is that such a bad thing? Adults and children enjoy plenty of the same things. I think the word "maturity" has received a bit of a bastardization, by people trying to make judgement calls on someone's character based on pointless things like if they still play video games, collect action figures, or dress up for a holiday party. If you do all that stuff, sure it may 'seem' childish, but as long as you aren't taking the bad aspects of your youth like reckless spending, mismanaging your money, not focusing on a long-term career - everything else really just fits into the realm of subjectivity. There are plenty of people who do all those things, and no one bats on eye but if they say they collect action figures, suddenly they would. There's not a 'point' to any hobby other than you enjoy them.

What are some of your personal hobbies, that are oh so much more objectively "mature"? What are adults 'suppose' to do, in your socially engineered utopia?
vegetariantaxidermy

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:12 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:02 pmNot the same at all. The yanks have bastardised a bastardisation. That has to be a record. Do adults over there push children out of the way so they can sit on Santa's lap themselves? Isn't Halloween supposed to be something children do? Dress up in scary costumes and say 'trick or treat'? How did that turn into adults in Playboy bunny/spiderman/Donald Trump etc. etc. costumes and doing 'what' in them? Is there a point? It seems to me there's a maturity problem over there. Adults hijacking children's parties.
Funny enough, Santa is an adult playing dress up. You don't seem to have a problem with that.

Why is that such a bad thing? Adults and children enjoy plenty of the same things. I think the word "maturity" has received a bit of a bastardization, by people trying to make judgement calls on someone's character based on pointless things like if they still play video games, collect action figures, or dress up for a holiday party. If you do all that stuff, sure it may 'seem' childish, but as long as you aren't taking the bad aspects of your youth like reckless spending, mismanaging your money, not focusing on a long-term career - everything else really just fits into the realm of subjectivity. There are plenty of people who do all those things, and no one bats on eye but if they say they collect action figures, suddenly they would. There's not a 'point' to any hobby other than you enjoy them.

What are some of your personal hobbies, that are oh so much more objectively "mature"? What are adults 'suppose' to do, in your socially engineered utopia?
Not for the first time you have completely missed the point. As none of that has any relevance to anything I've written then a response is futile except to point out that a response is futile.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:12 pm Why is that such a bad thing? Adults and children enjoy plenty of the same things. I think the word "maturity" has received a bit of a bastardization, by people trying to make judgement calls on someone's character based on pointless things like if they still play video games, collect action figures, or dress up for a holiday party. If you do all that stuff, sure it may 'seem' childish, but as long as you aren't taking the bad aspects of your youth like reckless spending, mismanaging your money, not focusing on a long-term career - everything else really just fits into the realm of subjectivity. There are plenty of people who do all those things, and no one bats on eye but if they say they collect action figures, suddenly they would. There's not a 'point' to any hobby other than you enjoy them.

Throughout HS and before I was interested in Model Railroading and plastic model ships, my father was interested in Model railroading. Towards the end of my HS years I was supposed to grow out of model ships, and grow up so that I could play with trains. I really couldn't see the difference than and still can't, but Model trains moved and model boats didn't, unless you were also into Radio Control. Years later there was developed RC combat with WWII model ships armed with remote control BB guns, I wonder what kind of reaction that would have gotten.