Happy Halloween!

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Happy Halloween!

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

artisticsolution wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:33 am
Arising_uk wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:12 am
thedoc wrote:... This is a mis-characterization of the actual process, Christianity's important dates happen to fall on the dates of pagan festivals and allows Christianity to take advantage of an existing gathering.
:lol: Must be a 'god' given coincidence. :roll:
I am all for fun holidays. I hate hate hate the christian mentality that tries to take the very joy out of life! And what really ticks me off is they want to pick on fun holidays that children enjoy usually. They never want to pick on holidays they enjoy...like valentines day were there is a chance they could be gettin some nookie...oooh noooo...those are safe because the jackasses love those! Easy targets are the kids...let's take their fun away!

Happy cantankerous bitch day...lol.
It WAS something for children, but idiot adults now dress up, so it's just a dress-up day for adults, and as far as I can tell 'anything goes' in regard to what to wear. It's just rubbish. Not that I care, except that morons like to copy.
vegetariantaxidermy

thedoc wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:39 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:15 am
artisticsolution wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:52 pm

Sry to tell you, doc... Christianity trumps cantankerous bitch day. Lol
What does Halloween have to do with Christianity?
That depends, the traditional Halloween has nothing to do with Christianity, but All Saints day happens to fall close to Halloween, which gives some anti-Christians the excuse to claim that Christianity stole the Holiday from pagans. This is a mis-characterization of the actual process, Christianity's important dates happen to fall on the dates of pagan festivals and allows Christianity to take advantage of an existing gathering.
It's not an 'excuse'. Actually it had never entered my head that it was a christian celebration, or even thought of as one. I think it's pretty obvious that it isn't. Are you telling me that Americans actually think it's a christian holiday? How stupid are they exactly? Is there NO limit?
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

artisticsolution wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:59 am
thedoc wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:49 am I don't know what kind of Christians you know, but around here we try to keep the fun in the celebrations.
I know the kind of christians who ban Harry Potter books for being satanic, ban halloween for being "the devil's holiday", etc. Banning kids fun holidays based on adults perverse sense of sin is big among christains.
Years ago when Jesus Christ Superstar went on the road people were protesting that the show was anti-Christian, I ignored them and went to see it anyway, most of the Christians I know like the music and the show. The Christians I know don't ban anything, they work to incorporate it into Christianity.
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:17 amIt WAS something for children, but idiot adults now dress up, so it's just a dress-up day for adults, and as far as I can tell 'anything goes' in regard to what to wear. It's just rubbish. Not that I care, except that morons like to copy.
I used to have a very similar mindset around the type of people who dress up to play dungeons and dragons. But eh, it's just people enjoying themselves with a little harmless hobby. We're all guilty of that.
vegetariantaxidermy

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:20 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:17 amIt WAS something for children, but idiot adults now dress up, so it's just a dress-up day for adults, and as far as I can tell 'anything goes' in regard to what to wear. It's just rubbish. Not that I care, except that morons like to copy.
I used to have a very similar mindset around the type of people who dress up to play dungeons and dragons. But eh, it's just people enjoying themselves with a little harmless hobby. We're all guilty of that.
I don't care what they do. It's their moronic custom, not mine.
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

...You say that, but here you are calling them morons when you probably enjoy some things that are just as or more mindless. When it comes to personal hobbies, I try not to make judgments if it seems harmless enough, because I think it's all pretty subjective at the end of the day.
vegetariantaxidermy

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:33 am ...You say that, but here you are calling them morons when you probably enjoy some things that are just as or more mindless. When it comes to personal hobbies, I try not to make judgments if it seems harmless enough, because I think it's all pretty subjective at the end of the day.
I just said I don't care what they do. Notice how the yanks assume everyone else celebrates their stupid customs? You don't see English people coming on here making threads of 'Happy Guy Fawkes' do you?? Or 'Happy cheese rolling day'. Or 'Happy bank holiday'. Or Australians with 'Happy ANZAC day'. Or Scots with 'Happy haggis eating day'.... It's their gigantic yank egos and arrogance that is so offensive.
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

I don't see anyone assuming that, here? Besides, I was pretty sure that Halloween is celebrated pretty internationally. Do you mean that the adults just don't dress-up over there?
vegetariantaxidermy

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:54 am I don't see anyone assuming that, here? Besides, I was pretty sure that Halloween is celebrated pretty internationally. Do you mean that the adults just don't dress-up over there?
It's a yank thing. No one else bothers. But it's creeping in. That's called 'globalisation'--which actually means 'Americanisation'. It wouldn't matter except that it's a shit country with a shit 'culture' and no class, taste or sophistication. (Plus it's a land of phony, brain-dead loud-mouths).
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:18 am
Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:54 am I don't see anyone assuming that, here? Besides, I was pretty sure that Halloween is celebrated pretty internationally. Do you mean that the adults just don't dress-up over there?
It's a yank thing. No one else bothers. But it's creeping in. That's called 'globalisation'--which actually means 'Americanisation'. It wouldn't matter except that it's a shit country with a shit 'culture' and no class, taste or sophistication. (Plus it's a land of phony, brain-dead loud-mouths).
...Well, it's a good thing you state that with such a class and sophistication, yourself.

Anyway, somehow you always seem to drive the discussion back to your hatred of america, even on something as meaningless as a holiday where people dress up for fun. I think you should pick and choose your battles more carefully, because when your criticism really matters, people will be more inclined to not take you seriously.
artisticsolution

Post by artisticsolution »

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:29 pm
...Well, it's a good thing you state that with such a class and sophistication, yourself.

Anyway, somehow you always seem to drive the discussion back to your hatred of america, even on something as meaningless as a holiday where people dress up for fun. I think you should pick and choose your battles more carefully, because when your criticism really matters, people will be more inclined to not take you seriously.
Why are you being so nice, sir sister? It's still cantankerous bitch day! Live it up!
vegetariantaxidermy

artisticsolution wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:18 am

Why are you being so nice, sir sister? It's still cantankerous bitch day! Live it up!
What about 'annoying cock-teasing flirt day' ?
vegetariantaxidermy

It always matters. You just need some basic reading comprehension skills.
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

Well, I didn't say it that it doesn't matter at all, my point was that you should be more hesitant to use such bombastic language so you don't desensitize your insults when focused on the things that really matter - like those middle eastern wars you're always going on about, and not just some holiday where adults now get to dress up at their leisure.

I would tell you that maybe you should learn some basic reading comprehension, but I'd honestly prefer if you just learned some basic manners.