The Second Coming of Christ.

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

Re: The Second Coming of Christ.

Post by attofishpi »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:18 pmIs the Theory of Everything encrypted in the Bible? Where Science and Scripture Collide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqG9GAdovwk

All the answers are explained in this simple video.
Actually, this is where U need to address your comprehension of what constitutes 'answers' because there is nothing available to man, this side of the equation that has ALL the answers, and is the reason you are not taken seriously because of such exaggerated claims.

However, the video was very interesting, probably the best thing I have seen you post. The buy bull (bible) stuff should be put mostly aside, although I understand it has its place, it certainly should not attempt to complement scientific understanding to the degree that it thinks capable.

'God' has left ITS fingerprints: www.androcies.com
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:36 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:03 pm
But did you know that pain and suffering is not the enemy, pain and suffering is your friend.

The vileness of christianity in a nutshell.
Christianity is not vile. Many humans that consider themselves Christian have been vile..have not lived up to the teachings of Christ.

What teaching of Christ do you find vile?
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

attofishpi wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:05 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:03 pm
But did you know that pain and suffering is not the enemy, pain and suffering is your friend.

Christianity is not vile. Many humans that consider themselves Christian have been vile..have not lived up to the teachings of Christ.

A religion is only the people who practice it. There's not a lot of point to it otherwise.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:10 pm
attofishpi wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:05 pm

A religion is only the people who practice it.
Wrong. Plenty of non-believers & atheists have committed atrocities aligning themselves with Christianity to gain power, it poisons the religion of Christianity.

Christianity is purely adhering to the teachings of Christ, and as an extension, the commandments.
-1-

Post by -1- »

attofishpi wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:25 pm Christianity is purely adhering to the teachings of Christ, and as an extension, the commandments.
Are there pure teachings of Christ? Or by Christ?

Every evangelist sect has a different version of what had been taught. Catholicisms, and the protestant religions went into war over their differences of what the bible told them.

I don't think you can trust that book. Not for razor-sharp accuracy anyway. And seeing its wording had been inspired supposedly by god, it is surprisingly a pretty diverse document of what ought to be a convergent idea.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

-1- wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:58 am
attofishpi wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:25 pm Christianity is purely adhering to the teachings of Christ, and as an extension, the commandments.
Are there pure teachings of Christ? Or by Christ?

Every evangelist sect has a different version of what had been taught. Catholicisms, and the protestant religions went into war over their differences of what the bible told them.
Yeah, I think most of what makes up the mainstay of 'Christian' religions and their ideologies is based to a huge extent on the Old Testament, when they should have only paid attention to the Gospels.
-1-

Post by -1- »

attofishpi wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:22 am Yeah, I think most of what makes up the mainstay of 'Christian' religions and their ideologies is based to a huge extent on the Old Testament, when they should have only paid attention to the Gospels.
Interesting concept... so you'd rather do without the Commandments, and without the prophecies, and without the creation story, than to mix Jews with Christians.

Pray tell me, what would Christianity be like without the Commandments?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

-1- wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:53 am
attofishpi wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:22 am Yeah, I think most of what makes up the mainstay of 'Christian' religions and their ideologies is based to a huge extent on the Old Testament, when they should have only paid attention to the Gospels.
Interesting concept... so you'd rather do without the Commandments, and without the prophecies, and without the creation story, than to mix Jews with Christians.

Pray tell me, what would Christianity be like without the Commandments?
Funny - after my post I thought oops I should have added my earlier comment that included the 10 commandments - but I thought you would have already read that - no matter,.
-1-

Post by -1- »

attofishpi wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:59 am Funny - after my post I thought oops I should have added my earlier comment that included the 10 commandments - but I thought you would have already read that - no matter,.
Wink-wink, I was going to hold you to it, if you raised some objections!! It's all good, man.