What Is The Meaning Of Life?

Discussion of articles that appear in the magazine.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dubious

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life?

Post by Dubious »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:40 pm
Because nothing's wrong, if Atheism is true. :shock:
You must be getting desperate based on the absurdity of your responses which don't make sense even theistically considered!

Like Elmer Fudd on a hunting trip, you keep chasing the wong wabbit.
Got it. Now we both know it.
You only know what you know; please!!! don't include me in your delusional landscape!
At least a Theist can know what a "hypocrite" is. He can also condemn rape, slavery and genocide, even among those who may call themselves Theists.

But the Atheist? Nada.
Of course! Atheists would never condemn "rape, slavery and genocide". We just can't understand what all the fuss is about!; we don't even blame Christians for having done exactly that since Christianity was made legal and hypocrisy became policy! Jesus would have been so proud! I applaud your single-minded crusade to keep it alive in the name of your Master!
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:49 pm
surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:43 pm Atheism is not a belief system as I am an an atheist and do not do belief of any kind
Do you believe you are an atheist?
No I think he knows that,
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Dontaskme wrote:
God rules.

Your theory matters more to you than the evidence.

If Immanuel agrees with the quotation I say that his God is a failure as a ruler.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Immanuel Can wrote:
What's your Atheism-based stand on rape, slavery and genocide? Or is there just no possibility of one?

Rape, slavery , and genocide are wrong because they are cruel and unfair to the victims. It's wrong to be cruel and unfair because if everyone was cruel and unfair there would be no society , society being based upon mutual trust between individuals and between collectives.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Hobbes' Choice wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:59 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:49 pm
surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:43 pm Atheism is not a belief system as I am an an atheist and do not do belief of any kind
Do you believe you are an atheist?
No I think he knows that,
Then he himself is making that 'knowing' a truth claim, by asserting the position ''I know I am an atheist'' )...Therefore has no right to deny others their truth claim positions, he must accept 'opposing' truth claims if he is to hold to his own position of 'non-acceptance' ... which is in itself still a position, it's a position of non-acceptance toward other peoples positions.

He can't just say Atheism only pertains to the non acceptance of the truth claim of theism with regard to the existence of God and then hold fast to his own no-position of non-acceptance of those positions ..it doesn't work like that...you can't take up a position and then deny others theirs.

And the fact that he claims to ''I know I am an atheist'' is not true anyway...God or Nature or Presence or what ever you want to call THIS doesn't make such claims, it's totally neutral and detached from such ideas...which are only mental constructs of the human condition.
No child is born with an identity tag already attached to itself, these are just false fantasies...they are a form of positioning, a form of divide and rule.

No one can claim any position...no one exists here to make such a claim except the knowledge that I am.

And yet Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.”

I Am the last Avatar.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:53 am Dontaskme wrote:
God rules.

I cannot find no evidence of ''me''

Yet there is plenty evidence of ''not-me''

Did 'me' make 'me' ?

Is there a 'me' pumping the blood around my body, is there a 'me' breathing my breath, did 'me' make the breath I'm breathing?

Existence is not a theory it's a fact.

marjoram_blues

Dontaskme continuing the story...

Post by marjoram_blues »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:39 am
Belinda wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:53 am Dontaskme wrote:
God rules.

I cannot find no evidence of ''me''

Yet there is plenty evidence of ''not-me''

Did 'me' make 'me' ?

Is there a 'me' pumping the blood around my body, is there a 'me' breathing my breath, did 'me' make the breath I'm breathing?

Existence is not a theory it's a fact.

It would seem you never studied anatomy or physiology.
Too much real substance for you.
Easier to play the immaterial fool. 'The nothing masturbating itself'
The brain is a good place to start, if you have one...

The avoidance strategy really works for your state of mind.
Probably best you keep nurturing that if it makes you fool better.
But you will be challenged by more than me, your so-called 'attacker'.
I realise your delusions are not amenable to reason.
So why do I continue every now and again to care or dare to try. And wish you well.
Because I can.
marjoram_blues

Clarifying atheism...again.

Post by marjoram_blues »

Hobbes' Choice wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:01 pm
surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:46 pm All atheism is is the non acceptance of a specific position with regard to the existence of a particular type of deity
So it does not have to disprove the existence of that deity. For it is only sceptical of the position and nothing else
A sceptical position is not a truth claim or the rejection of an existing truth claim and so zero evidence is needed
Atheism is also not a moral philosophy. Since it is amoral or morally neutral and is not actually a philosophy at all
Neither is it a belief system. There are atheists who believe God does not exist but it is superfluous to the actual
definition of atheism which is not predicated upon non belief but non acceptance of belief which is not the same
I keep saying this. But its like banging your head against a wall.
Theists know their position is unsupportable and want to tar atheists with the same brush to make it easier to attack them. There is no symmetry here.
This should be kept and 'stickied' along with all the other intelligent and thoughtful responses.
Not that it would prevent us going in circles again.
But as a point of reference.
See here.
Last edited by marjoram_blues on Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:11 am

If Immanuel agrees with the quotation I say that his God is a failure as a ruler.

Rape, slavery , and genocide are wrong because they are cruel and unfair to the victims.
No one is failing us, we fail ourselves. If we as the collective mind claim victim-hood is wrong then we should stop creating it...no victim without a perpetrator, no perpetrator without a victim..it's that simple, this applies to everybody with a mind, stop doing what you think is wrong, ..if you can think something wrong, then you can just as easily think something right... the mind is your servant not your master...use it... no one can help us but ourselves. Playing the 'victim thought' card is your own suffering which you then project on to others as if they are suffering too. There is no knowing if other people are suffering, there is only your suffering. Just where are all these apparent suffering victims right now except in your own suffering projected world view. Are you a victim right now unless you think about it? if you are not a victim of suffering right now, then don't project it into the world as if it exists outside of you, that is the only cruelty here projecting at other people.

Belinda wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:11 amIt's wrong to be cruel and unfair because if everyone was cruel and unfair there would be no society , society being based upon mutual trust between individuals and between collectives.
That's why goodness and morality rules. Otherwise reality would be complete and utter chaos, but take heed, you cannot live by chaotic lawless rules, as you've already proved it by claiming it is wrong, you made a truth claim it is wrong, so it's up to you /us and only us to honor our own truth claims..

Dontaskme

Re: Dontaskme continuing the story...

Post by Dontaskme »

marjoram_blues wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:56 am Because I can.

The I can can do anything it can, it can even can't. It's call free will. Free will doesn't belong to anyone or anything, it's totally unconditional love intention, the rider of the will.

But I don't expect you to understand that because you are so caught up in the wrong net of I

Net i Net i ...neti neti...not this, not that, both yet neither.

Stop fighting with the truth, shadowboxer.

Dontaskme

Re: Clarifying atheism...again.

Post by Dontaskme »

marjoram_blues wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:07 am
This should be kept and 'stickied' along with all the other intelligent and thoughtful responses.
See here.

marjoram_blues

Post by marjoram_blues »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:16 am
marjoram_blues wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:56 am Because I can.
The I can can do anything it can, it can even can't. It's call free will. Free will doesn't belong to anyone or anything, it's totally unconditional love intention, the rider of the will.

But I don't expect you to understand that because you are so caught up in the wrong net of I

Net i Net i ...neti neti...not this, not that, both yet neither.

Stop fighting with the truth, shadowboxer
Carry on in your delusional state, o nothingness.
Reason is wasted on such as you.
marjoram_blues

Dontaskme continuing the story...

Post by marjoram_blues »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:18 am
marjoram_blues wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:07 am
See here.

Your happy clappy images reflect the level of your maturity. Like yourself, zero.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

marjoram_blues wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:56 am
It would seem you never studied anatomy or physiology.
Too much real substance for you.
Easier to play the immaterial fool. 'The nothing masturbating itself'
The brain is a good place to start, if you have one...

The avoidance strategy really works for your state of mind.
Probably best you keep nurturing that if it makes you fool better.
But you will be challenged by more than me, your so-called 'attacker'.
I realise your delusions are not amenable to reason.
So why do I continue every now and again to care or dare to try. And wish you well.
Because I can.
Please feel free to challenge what ever you so desire, your only dual-ing with yourself, and so dear one do what ever you need to do to comfort yourself if it makes you feel better, it's your pity party. . . but don't mind me, while I look on in complete detachment. I'm not the one at war with myself, you are. I've never ever once mentioned the word challenge, it doesn't even enter my vocabulary. I'm just showing you my arse opinion, just as you show yours, opinions are like arseholes, we've all got one and they all stink.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

marjoram_blues wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:24 am

Your happy clappy images reflect the level of your maturity. Like yourself, zero.
More projection.

Why not just show your own level of maturity by walking away, instead of projecting your level of maturity at me...if you don't like my opinion, be the bigger person and just walk away..stop rejecting your own hatred of your self by projecting it at others....try loving your own self hatred. It works every time, no one can give that to you, it's a gift you give to yourself.

I have no problem with your opinions by the way, but if you insist on showing me yours, don't cry like a big baby when I show you mine.