Einstein and the Cosmic Man

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: Einstein and the Cosmic Man

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:26 am I think taking responsibility for something is more to do with living with the consequences rather than getting someone else to make it go away.
Look, I've already said I don't care whether it stays or goes.

Why does the Mod offer a service and then doesn't carry it out? that's all I'm trying to point out here, but you are too thick to understand. You prefer to add more insult to an already inflamed discussion.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:03 am Sorry for using your thread to get a point across Nick about having a thread deleted...but I want everyone to see this...to see the insanity that is the human mind.
Anyone familiar with any of Nick's threads has already more than adequately seen the insanity that is the human mind.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:31 am You prefer to add more insult to an already inflamed discussion.
I was only doing what you recommended:
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:31 amLets just laugh at the fictional stories we tell about ourselves..
marjoram_blues

Post by marjoram_blues »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:25 am
marjoram_blues wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:18 am
You clearly are far from happy, given your continued harping on.
Pure idol projection. None of which is what I AM
I think you have latched on to a few phrases and use them to defend your ego. Which is fine but there is no need to attack others for pointing out the glaringly obvious.

I will leave this now. It seems that I am adding petrol to the flames which should be doused.
Vulnerable people are being hurt.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

marjoram_blues wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:44 am
marjoram_blues wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:18 am
You clearly are far from happy, given your continued harping on.
I think you have latched on to a few phrases and use them to defend your ego. Which is fine but there is no need to attack others for pointing out the glaringly obvious.

I will leave this now. It seems that I am adding petrol to the flames which should be doused.
Lets remember it's the ''me'' egos job, to defend itself.

Even though the I Am non-dual reality in which the ego arises looks on in detachment.

There is no "me" to experience non-dual reality ..there's only non-dual reality. What is experienced as embodied being is projection, not perception. The mind created sense of "me" (personal-identity) is an illusion, a mental projection, not actual. Meaning we take something as so, that isn't so.

That's why the mind is thought to be insane, including mine. I know I'm insane, I also know that as the I am.. I am not what I think I am.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:39 am
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:31 am You prefer to add more insult to an already inflamed discussion.
I was only doing what you recommended:
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:31 amLets just laugh at the fictional stories we tell about ourselves..
Then laugh with us ..not at us.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Dontaskme wrote:
There is no "me" to experience non-dual reality ..there's only non-dual reality.
I am beginning to think you don't know what you are talking about, because you have already claimed that there is an immutable self. It is okay to change your mind, if that is what you have done. Do like to try out cliches here to find out if they make sense? Well, not always cliches but phrases that you have half-digested, such as "non-dual reality".
Last edited by Belinda on Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:14 am
Then laugh with us ..
But you're not laughing.
not at us.
I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing at the non-dual reality that isn't you. Therefore, any offence you feel is just an illusion, a mental projection, it's not actual.
marjoram_blues

Post by marjoram_blues »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:12 am
marjoram_blues wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:44 am

Lets remember it's the ''me'' egos job, to defend itself.

Even though the I Am non-dual reality in which the ego arises looks on in detachment.

There is no "me" to experience non-dual reality ..there's only non-dual reality. What is experienced as embodied being is projection, not perception. The mind created sense of "me" (personal-identity) is an illusion, a mental projection, not actual. Meaning we take something as so, that isn't so.

That's why the mind is thought to be insane, including mine. I know I'm insane, I also know that as the I am.. I am not what I think I am.
Talk about the various functions of the ego in another thread. I might join in there.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:30 am Dontaskme wrote:
There is no "me" to experience non-dual reality ..there's only non-dual reality.
I am beginning to think you don't know what you are talking about, because you have already claimed that there is an immutable self. It is okay to change your mind, if that is what you have done. Do like to try out cliches here to find out if they make sense?
The Immutable Self is the Nondual self.

Sorry but it's you that does not understand what is being discussed here.

There is no Self because there is no other than Self.

Comprehend?

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:33 am
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:14 am
Then laugh with us ..
But you're not laughing.
not at us.
I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing at the non-dual reality that isn't you. Therefore, any offence you feel is just an illusion, a mental projection, it's not actual.
:lol:
marjoram_blues

Post by marjoram_blues »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:38 am
Belinda wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:30 am Dontaskme wrote:
I am beginning to think you don't know what you are talking about, because you have already claimed that there is an immutable self. It is okay to change your mind, if that is what you have done. Do like to try out cliches here to find out if they make sense?

Sorry but it's you that does not understand what is being discussed here.

There is no Self because there is no other than Self.

Comprehend?
Perhaps you could direct us to the source of your understanding. You seem to have difficulty in being the medium for the message.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

marjoram_blues wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:43 am
Perhaps you could direct us to the source of your understanding. You seem to have difficulty in being the medium for the message.
There is no medium for the message, there is only the message.

Don't shoot the messenger, there' no one there. There is nowhere to point the gun.

The message is unwritten, but if the shoes fits Cinderella.

The source of any understanding is not in the mind.

Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Dontaskme wrote:
Do you mean:

1. The non-dual self may or may not include the immutable self

or

2. the non-dual self is the same as the immutable self?

Nick abhors and fears the physicality *** of the Cave and flees to what he hopes is the purer ambience outside the Cave. This is a form of dualism. Fact: an individual is a blend of mental and physical, and I wonder if this is what you mean by "non-dual".

*** see his crude remarks and blustering attitude to sex, and excretions.
marjoram_blues

Post by marjoram_blues »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:48 am
marjoram_blues wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:43 am
There is no medium for the message, there is only the message.

Don't shoot the messenger, there' no one there. There is nowhere to point the gun.

The message is unwritten, but if the shoes fits Cinderella.

The source of any understanding is not in the mind.

Being cryptic is an escape from the reality of showing where your ideas originated.
I think you fear unveiling where you received your information or from which idol or group.
Claims don't come from the clouds or fairy tales.