Drive-In Jesus

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Lacewing

Drive-In Jesus

Post by Lacewing »

https://www.nytimes.com/video/opinion/1 ... ipad-share

A friend of mine just sent this to me. It's 10 minutes long. It cycles between creepy and hilarious in its absurdity.

It's nice to see people coming together for spiritual fellowship! Honk! Honk! :lol:

Is this what religion is coming to?

What's with the crooked cross on the church?

I especially like the dog looking at the cat sitting on the guy's head.

Just goes to show that any dingdong can gather a crowd for any purpose, and collect money. (Well, except for Bob Evenson -- for some reason HE can't pull it off despite his efforts for 30+ years.)
thedoc

Re: Drive-In Jesus

Post by thedoc »

That lot looked very empty, less than half full.
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Lacewing wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:29 am https://www.nytimes.com/video/opinion/1 ... ipad-share

A friend of mine just sent this to me. It's 10 minutes long. It cycles between creepy and hilarious in its absurdity.

It's nice to see people coming together for spiritual fellowship! Honk! Honk! :lol:

Is this what religion is coming to?

What's with the crooked cross on the church?

I especially like the dog looking at the cat sitting on the guy's head.

Just goes to show that any dingdong can gather a crowd for any purpose, and collect money. (Well, except for Bob Evenson -- for some reason HE can't pull it off despite his efforts for 30+ years.)
Sure he can pull it off. He's quite a wanker. :lol:

PhilX 🇺🇸
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

I didn't look at the video, but I suspect this thread would be more aptly named Drive-By Jesus.

PhilX 🇺🇸
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:40 am I didn't look at the video, but I suspect this thread would be more aptly named Drive-By Jesus.
No, it really is a Drive-In. A Drive-By Jesus would be an entirely different thing... and I don't want to imagine what that might look like.

The people in the video don't look very happy. Wouldn't you think that people who are saved from eternal damnation or whatever, and who are filled with the holy spirit, and are basking in the divine glow of their lord and savior would be HAPPIER? Where's the joy? Where's the love? Looks like people who don't know what else to do with themselves.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Sooo lame idea, Jesus want ppl to get their lazy asses out of their stupid cars!!!
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Lacewing wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:09 am No, it really is a Drive-In. A Drive-By Jesus would be an entirely different thing... and I don't want to imagine what that might look like.
Did you hear about the new Gluten free communion wafer, it's called "I can't believe it's not Jesus".
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

thedoc wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:39 pm
Did you hear about the new Gluten free communion wafer, it's called "I can't believe it's not Jesus".
Is the real Jesus particularly high in gluten? If you don't answer I'll know it's an ignore day today. :wink:
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Brilliant. I can see why there's no voiceover. It sort of leaves you speechless.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

thedoc wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:39 pm Did you hear about the new Gluten free communion wafer, it's called "I can't believe it's not Jesus".
:lol: :lol: :lol:
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Harbal wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:44 pm
Is the real Jesus particularly high in gluten? If you don't answer I'll know it's an ignore day today. :wink:
Damn! I forgot to log in, thanks for reminding me.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Harbal wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:44 pm
In Jesus' day there wasn't much known about gluten so I would assume that he was high in gluten, or high on gluten, I really don't know, I'll ask the next YEC I talk to.