Bob's purpose

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Philosophy Explorer

Bob's purpose

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

I would say he's looking for a donation except he never asks for one (on top of that, he'd have a problem converting the currency).

What do you think he gains by posting here since he doesn't do philosophy? Being a braggart by claiming he's master over all in matters of religion, politics and economics? Apparently he doesn't believe in morality since he disregards the first 65 books of the Bible that he terms "wrapping paper." To me he's just another flimflam man. What is his purpose here?

PhilX ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ
thedoc

Re: Bob's purpose

Post by thedoc »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: โ†‘Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:26 pm What is his purpose here?

PhilX ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ
To see his name in print, this is one of the few forums that will tolerate him.
Philosophy Explorer

thedoc wrote: โ†‘Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:09 pm
Philosophy Explorer wrote: โ†‘Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:26 pm What is his purpose here?

PhilX ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ
To see his name in print, this is one of the few forums that will tolerate him.
Just another glamour puss wannabe (Nicki Minaj is doing much much better).

PhilX ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Since he doesn't engage with other people's views and challenges, and seeks constant recognition for himself and his rants rather than any authentic value or appreciation for others, I'd say he is here to stroke himself in public.

He provides comic relief... and demonstrates one possibility of how human creativity and delusion can combine, and how a person can become so completely mired in that. He serves as a warning to us all. :D Thanks Bob!
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Lacewing wrote: โ†‘Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:08 pm He serves as a warning to us all. :D Thanks Bob!
I suppose he is a good cautionary tale, don't be like Bob unless you want to be like Bob.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

He's comprehensively mad and the alternative for him is to stand out in the cold at some bus stop telling everyone he's a prophet and getting even less human interaction than he does on the wibblies.

What it says about us that we keep poking somebody so glaringly insane is a different matter. But here we are, maintaining quite the little freak show of loons for our own amusement. They don't seem to mind too much.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

FlashDangerpants wrote: โ†‘Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:10 pm He's comprehensively mad...
Then you must also consider the spokesman for the ultra-conservative biblical organization, the Spiritual Counterfeits Project, to be equally mad since after reading "The Ouzo Prophecy," he wrote, "What can I say? Your argument is fascinating, tightly-reasoned, for sure. But I have to wonder, is it true?"
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

bobevenson wrote: โ†‘Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:59 pm
Then you must also consider the spokesman for the ultra-conservative biblical organization, the Spiritual Counterfeits Project, to be equally mad since after reading "The Ouzo Prophecy," he wrote, "What can I say? Your argument is fascinating, tightly-reasoned, for sure. But I have to wonder, is it true?"
You don't think he was being just a teensy bit flippant? On the other hand that's probably crediting him with too much insight, as an 'ultra-conservative bible basher'.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: โ†‘Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:02 pm
You don't think he was being just a teensy bit flippant? On the other had that's probably giving him too much credence.
I can understand why you simply cannot believe he was 100% serious since he's the only person on Earth who has ever admitted to even understanding the paper, and his absolutely unbelievable letter to me was apparently divine intervention for my spiritual edification.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

He was probably sane - you can tell by the fact that he immediately forgot all about you.
If only the opportunity would present itself for the rest of us.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

From a philosophical standpoint, it looks like you can't accept reality. Maybe you should try another forum.
Philosophy Explorer

bobevenson wrote: โ†‘Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:39 pm From a philosophical standpoint, it looks like you can't accept reality. Maybe you should try another forum.
An excellent suggestion for you. Problem is, which ones do you have left to try? :lol:

PhilX ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ
vegetariantaxidermy

I wonder whatever gave Philex the idea that he is more sane than bobevenson? :?
Philosophy Explorer

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: โ†‘Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:33 pm I wonder whatever gave Philex the idea that he is more sane than bobevenson? :?
We wonder how delusional you are compared with Bob?

PhilX ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ
vegetariantaxidermy

Philosophy Explorer wrote: โ†‘Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:37 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: โ†‘Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:33 pm I wonder whatever gave Philex the idea that he is more sane than bobevenson? :?
We wonder how delusional you are compared with Bob?

PhilX ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ
As a matter of fact I consider myself to be quite insane, which makes me the sanest person on here. :wink: