Public, Immutable, Decentralized, Open, Ledger

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: Public, Immutable, Decentralized, Open, Ledger

Post by Dontaskme »

]...[ wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:49 pm .

So true, honest, and unprotected.

A strong statement that we, as philosophers could benefit from.

Well done.

]...[

Thankyou...we only pretend to know things ...we don't know what's true or false except what we make up..it,s all made up...all pretence, all a game.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:35 pm Thankyou...
You're welcome.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:40 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:35 pm Thankyou...
You're welcome.
Thankyou for welcoming me
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

]...[ wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:09 pm Public, Immutable, Decentralized, Open, Ledger
Immutable means never changing. So are you promising not to go back and edit any more of your posts the way you blatantly did when you decided to be more supportive of trump in your previous (mutable) posts after he won the election?

Hopefully there is only one of you, so I don't understand your new intention to be decentralized, unless you are planning a very messy suicide.

The Etherum blockchain is of course notorious for the many heists and swindles it suffers, but now that a fat techno-illiterate American grandad is stealing the whole concept to make an absurd pseudo-identity out of it, a new and pathetic low is revealed.
]...[

Post by ]...[ »

My relationship to President Donald Trump and other non-members of this forum as well as my relationship to the Digital Revolution is ever evolving.

Thank you for appreciating that and recognizing my philosophical stylings.

I appreciate fans like you here at the PhilosophyNow forums. I have one minor request and that is that no matter how high a reguards you have for me PLEASE be critical & tough on me!

Thank you for your observations.

~ Bill Wiltrack ~

FlashDangerpants

]...[ wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:01 pm My relationship to President Donald Trump and other non-members of this forum as well as my relationship to the Digital Revolution is ever evolving.
That's the opposite of immutable. So that's one to strike from your bullshit list already.

So, before we get to the stupidity of open and public.... what's the Decentralized shit about then?
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

[quote="]

I have been posting here at the PhilosophyNow forums under the name of Bill Wiltrack for over a dozen consecutive years now.

[/quote]

Since before it started?
]...[

Post by ]...[ »

There was another format for the PhilosophyNow forums that pre-dates this version.

Harbal

Post by Harbal »

]:-)[ wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:01 pm Thank you for appreciating that and recognizing my philosophical stylings.
In the interests of maintaining a balance in this thread I just wanted it to be known that I, for one, neither appreciate nor recognise your "philosophical stylings", whatever they may be.
]...[

Post by ]...[ »

I think Rick would have to interject himself here to give us a better idea of the age of the forum. Not really sure but I think I've been here for about a dozen great years.

The decentralized and immutable parts I think you are struggling with.

Immutable is just that. Unchanging. Unchanging as itself. ALL of our posts here can be thought of as unchangable once they are posted. We breathe in and out. Just because we breathed in a few seconds ago doesn't mean it is wrong to breathe out now.

Decentralized is a characteristic of this new digital revolution that we find ourselves in.

The title of this thread which contains the word decentralized is a personal note to myself as to my changing world view in this digital age and decentralized is a trigger word I use to remind myself to remember myself.

Let this sink-in. Don't push it. Try not using your formatory apparatus.

]...[

Harbal

Post by Harbal »

]*.*[ wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:47 pm . ALL of our posts here can be thought of as unchangable once they are posted.
]*>*[
Unless you edit them, of course.
FlashDangerpants

]...[ wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:47 pm The decentralized and immutable parts I think you are struggling with.

Immutable is just that. Unchanging. Unchanging as itself. ALL of our posts here can be thought of as unchangable once they are posted.
They are in no sense immutable. Mods can edit them and so can you. You may remember that you have been caught doing this when you wanted to pretend you were never that opposed to Trump?

An immutable data type is strictly unchangeable. If you try to change an item in a immutable list you get an error message. That is a computer thing, you know, that stuff you keep referencing, but totally do not understand.

]...[ wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:47 pm
Decentralized is a characteristic of this new digital revolution that we find ourselves in.
There's a world of topological difference between distributed and decentralized.
More importantly, there's nothing about you or your works that is either.
]...[ wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:47 pm The title of this thread which contains the word decentralized is a personal note to myself as to my changing world view in this digital age and decentralized is a trigger word I use to remind myself to remember myself.
So this is what you are now is it? A fat American attending Halloween dressed as "the internet" in an attempt to arouse interest in nothing.
]...[

Post by ]...[ »

Yes. That is exactly who I am.

Who I am.

Who am I?

Who am I?

]...[

Harbal

Post by Harbal »

]*<*[ wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:24 am Who am I?

]*~*[
I don't think you even know.
FlashDangerpants

]...[ wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:24 am Who am I?

]...[
Basically you are a vulgar narcissist.
You tried to become important by blathering stolen spiritualist mumbo jumbo for a bunch of years, before deciding you would be more important if you were more relevant.

So now you do cyber-spiritualism, which is even worse because all the buzzwords you throw around like Immutable and Ethernet have clearly defined meanings that are beyond you because they are related to a purpose that you don't understand.

You are a relic of the digital electric calculator age passing himself off very badly as the prophet of the "$(get-random -Min 3 -Max 12)th Industrial revolution".