How would you cheer up Harbal?

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Harbal

Re: How would you cheer up Harbal?

Post by Harbal »

uwot wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:48 pm I find the implication that you have exclusive access to your own harem difficult to believe.
If you use your imagination regarding the quality of the residents of Nicks harem perhaps you will be able to overcome your difficulty to some extent. :wink:
uwot

Post by uwot »

Harbal wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:58 pm
uwot wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:48 pm I find the implication that you have exclusive access to your own harem difficult to believe.
If you use your imagination regarding the quality of the residents of Nicks harem perhaps you will be able to overcome your difficulty to some extent. :wink:
I'm doing my best, Harbal, but for some reason, I'm only seeing goats.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

uwot wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:01 pm I'm doing my best, Harbal, but for some reason, I'm only seeing goats.
But don't you find that it makes the idea of Nick's harem a little more plausible?
uwot

Post by uwot »

Much.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

uwot wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:17 pmMuch.
In that case I suggest you stop thinking about it any further. :)
uwot

Post by uwot »

I know. It's not a pretty sight, but I can't shift it now. (BEARS?!!! Where the f@£k did they come from? I'm going to look at one of your videos.)

Wait a minute! This isn't your usual stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEUqO7zT2xs Where's the sanddancers?
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

uwot wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:41 pm I know. It's not a pretty sight, but I can't shift it now. (BEARS?!!! Where the f@£k did they come from? I'm going to look at one of your videos.)

Wait a minute! This isn't your usual stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEUqO7zT2xs Where's the sanddancers?
I think Simone Weil would have something to say about this as soon as Nick can find a quote.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

"You seem to be saying that I deserve shooting but you can't be bothered to do it."

Nope, you're not a troll, but absolutely you're a moron if that's what you got from my post.

#

"I think , you're all talk, henry"

I think -- instead of hikin' twelve miles -- you mebbe walked twelve feet (to the fridge).
Last edited by henry quirk on Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
henry quirk

"Men with guns tend to be stupid."

Post by henry quirk »

Little girls with keyboards tend to be boring.
Lacewing

Re: "Men with guns tend to be stupid."

Post by Lacewing »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:30 pm Little girls with keyboards tend to be boring.
Why are you calling yourself a little girl?

Truly, Henry, can you not see how unevolved it is for men to be waving guns around... as if that's where their power and authority comes from? What are they without those guns?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

If you think authority comes from any place other than a gun (or bomb, or spear, or knife, or fist) then you are toxically, lethally, naive.
Lacewing

Re: "Men with guns tend to be stupid"

Post by Lacewing »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:08 pm If you think authority comes from any place other than a gun (or bomb, or spear, or knife, or fist) then you are toxically, lethally, naive.
I guess that sums you up.
henry quirk

"I guess that sums you up."

Post by henry quirk »

As far as you're concerned: no doubt.
uwot

Re:

Post by uwot »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:08 pm If you think authority comes from any place other than a gun (or bomb, or spear, or knife, or fist) then you are toxically, lethally, naive.
That rather depends on the arena. What authority does your gun give you here?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

None.

Rick's ownership (based entirely in his control over, his power over, the forum) trumps all of us.

Keep in mind what I posted...tease out the very obvious meaning...then hand me my petard.