How do Christians Expect to Convert Atheists?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

surreptitious57

Re: How do Christians Expect to Convert Atheists?

Post by surreptitious57 »

Dontaskme wrote:
can the perceiver be perceived
Yes the perceiver can be perceived
surreptitious57

I think some see the distinction between existence and non existence as important because it affects them
Whereas I see it as simply being a transition from one state to another and which essentially is all that it is
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Dontaskme wrote:
can the perceiver be perceived
surreptitious57 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:58 amYes the perceiver can be perceived
Thanks for your answer.

Can you see, you have just made a ''truth claim''...But, it's no good just making a 'truth claim' without supporting that 'truth claim' with some kind of empirical evidence ..just so we can all be shown the answer you have given is a correct 'truth claim'... ?

Can the knowledge ( Yes the perceiver can be perceived ) be shown, explained, demonstrated or described scientifically on paper or by experiment, or by other method, and which one?

And if the answer is yes again...then demonstrate this truth of how in your own conceptual context ?

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

thedoc wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:52 pm
That's good to know, I admire some good honest BS now and then.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-pETNGhCegak/V ... ourage.jpg
surreptitious57

Dontaskme wrote:
Can you see you have just made a truth claim ... But it is no good just making a truth claim without supporting that truth
claim with some kind of empirical evidence just so we can all be shown the answer you have given is a correct truth claim

Can the knowledge ( Yes the perceiver can be perceived ) be shown or explained or demonstrated or described scientifically
on paper or by experiment or by other method and which one
I was just answering your question so was not aware I was making a truth claim as such. Which is just as well for I cannot demonstrate
it. Although I only hold it to be true for myself not for anyone else. Since I am not here to convince anyone of anything I think or know
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

surreptitious57 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:56 am

I was just answering your question so was not aware I was making a truth claim as such. Which is just as well for I cannot demonstrate
it.
If you were not aware you were making a truth claim or any claim, then how do you know what answer to give to the question ? if you were not aware..then who was answering the question?

You say you cannot demonstrate the truth claim because you were not aware of it...so how can you know you've made the claim without being aware that you've made a claim?
surreptitious57

Dontaskme wrote:
If you were not aware you were making a truth claim or any claim how do you know
what answer to give ? If you were not aware then who was answering the question

You say you cannot demonstrate the truth claim because you were not aware of it so
how can you know you ve made the claim without being aware that you've made a claim
I gave an answer that I thought at the time was true or as close to as possible but whether it is actually
true is another matter. I know nothing so I cannot say which is why I avoid having fixed opinions if I can
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

surreptitious57 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:01 pm
I gave an answer that I thought at the time was true or as close to as possible but whether it is actually
true is another matter. I know nothing so I cannot say which is why I avoid having fixed opinions if I can
You say you know the perceiver can be perceived, ... but you are not actually sure as to the truth or untruth of that knowing?

You say you don't have a fixed opinion...so do you just make-up all your answers according to your unsure, arbitrary loose opinion?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:11 pm so do you just make-up all your answers according to your unsure, arbitrary loose opinion?
That's what you do so why shouldn't anybody else?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:36 pm
That's what you do so why shouldn't anybody else?
The ''you'' doesn't make-up knowledge. The ''you'' is perceived knowledge. The perceived cannot know anything, so it's not ''your'' knowledge to make-up in the first place.

No one is separate, notice that all beings say the same thing..which is.. I or I am, there can be no opposite to I, there must only be one I ...this is known as knowledge, this I is perceived knowledge.

So, who is the perceiver of knowledge ?

Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:30 pm
The perceiver of knowledge is the one (the separate and individual One) who perceives it.
surreptitious57

Dontaskme wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
You say you know the perceiver can be perceived ... but you are not actually sure as to the truth or untruth of that knowin
You say you dont have a fixed opinion ... so do you make up all your answers according to your unsure arbitrary loose opinion
I am not sure of anything because I know nothing which is all I want to know
None of it matters any way in the grand scheme of things if death is eternal
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:02 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:30 pm
The perceiver of knowledge is the one (the separate and individual One) who perceives it.
the separate and individual One is perceived....< Who perceives this ?

You have not been listening, Try again!

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

surreptitious57 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:37 am
I am not sure of anything because I know nothing which is all I want to know
None of it matters any way in the grand scheme of things if death is eternal
RIP
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:17 am You have not been listening, Try again!
When you show any signs of knowing what you're talking about I'll think about listening.