How do Christians Expect to Convert Atheists?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

surreptitious57

Re: How do Christians Expect to Convert Atheists?

Post by surreptitious57 »

surreptitious57 wrote:
ken wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
Sometimes mind and brain are used synonymously but more accurately mind is a function of the brain
If the mind is more accurately a function of the brain then are you able to explain how this is so
I have absolutely no idea so you should not be asking me since I cannot help you
What I mean by this is that I think mind is a function of the brain but I cannot be absolutely certain that it is
Just because I frame a proposition as a statement does not mean it is true for it could just as easily be false
Its always best to keep an open mind on things that you are not entirely sure about for quite obvious reasons
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:31 pm
Dontaskme wrote:
Sometimes we have to wade through heaps of knowledge just to arrive at the place of no knowledge the
place of perfect peace the place we never left. The world of knowledge is a farce. May the farce be with you
Knowledge is important but only in this life for it will pass. The place of no knowledge is where it cannot be known and that place
is death the place of eternal non consciousness. I am not afraid of death as you cannot be afraid of what you can never experience
Knowledge is illusory because no one knows knowledge. kNOWLEDGE is a passing illusory sound and vision show that appears to happen to that which never happens.

Being frightened of death is like being frightened of going to sleep at night. Sleep at night is welcomed knowing we always wake up again...same with death, without death there would be no knowing we are alive.

There is no I that sleeps anyway, for you cannot be aware that you are asleep, no more that you can be aware you are dead.
Some people are afraid of living simply because to know they are living is to know they will die.

In truth, nothing dies because nothing is born. AWARENESS is always present, neither dead nor alive.

BODY and MIND are temporary manifestations of the PERMANENT UNBORN AWARENESS/CONSCIOUSNESS

Consciousness is not afraid of anything....Since, the substratum of all Living beings is the same Immutable SELF aka CONSCIOUSNESS.

Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:42 pm There is no I that sleeps anyway,
Insomnia is awful, you have my sympathy.
Consciousness is not afraid of anything....Since, the substratum of all Living beings is the same Immutable SELF aka CONSCIOUSNESS.
How does the substratum of all Living beings being the same Immutable SELF aka CONSCIOUSNESS lead to the logical conclusion that "consciousness is not afraid of anything"?
surreptitious57

Dontaskme wrote:
Knowledge is illusory because no one knows knowledge
KNOWLEDGE is a passing illusory sound and vision show that appears to happen to that which never happens
Knowledge by definition has to be known as there cannot be unknown knowledge. It is temporary but real
If CONSCIOUSNESS manifests through all living things then that is knowledge. Experience is also knowledge
ken

Post by ken »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:53 am
ken wrote:
How can I prove some thing to you when in the beginning you do not accept it anyway
You made the claim that there is no such thing as anyones mind but mind is a function of the brain and without a brain I cannot do
anything. Like posting this reply. So now that I have established that the mind exists I know that your counter claim has to be false
You have only established some thing to you. And, because it is now an established truth to you, you are not open to any thing other than what you have already established to yourself.

By the way if I recall correctly I have already asked you to clarify what is the Mind and how does it work in relation to the brain. But you are free to choose what you want to establish as being true and/or free to choose to believe in any thing you want to.

Now that you have established a truth, then there is no need to read any thing else regarding the Mind.
surreptitious57

ken wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
ken wrote:
How can I prove some thing to you when in the beginning you do not accept it anyway
You made the claim that there is no such thing as anyones mind but mind is a function of the brain and without a brain I cannot do
anything. Like posting this reply. So now that I have established that the mind exists I know that your counter claim has to be false
You have only established some thing to you. And because it is now an established truth
to you you are not open to any thing other than what you have already established to you

By the way if I recall correctly I have already asked you to clarify what is the Mind and how does it work in relation to the brain
But you are free to choose what you want to establish as being true and /or free to choose to believe in any thing you want to

Now that you have established a truth then there is no need to read any thing else regarding the Mind
You have only read one reply of mine to this question because in the last reply I clearly stated that I think
mind is a function of the brain but I cannot be absolutely certain that it is
so no truth has been established
surreptitious57

surreptitious57 wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
ken wrote:
If the mind is more accurately a function of the brain then are you able to explain how this is so
I have absolutely no idea so you should not be asking me since I cannot help you
What I mean by this is that I think mind is a function of the brain but I cannot be absolutely certain that it is
Just because I frame a proposition as a statement does not mean it is true for it could just as easily be false
Its always best to keep an open mind on things that you are not entirely sure about for quite obvious reasons
surreptitious57

ken wrote:
You have only established some thing to you. And because it is now an established truth
to you you are not open to any thing other than what you have already established to you
Yet as I have shown in the previous post I was open because I changed my mind so do not think that once
someone has made up their mind about something that it can never ever be changed again as it clearly can

I am less certain about anything the older I get so even if I do make absolute statements it does not mean that I think they
are forever true. I only hold them to be true at the time I made them but I may subsequently change my mind at any time

I wish that I could be absolutely uncertain about everything from now
on because I no longer want to be certain about anything ever again
ken

Post by ken »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:53 am
ken wrote:
Even if you had established that the Mind exists, which by the way is exactly what I have being saying anyway, that was NOT the point I was making. I said that there is no such thing as any one's mind. Can you spot the difference between what I have been saying and what you think I have been saying?
ken

Post by ken »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:18 am
ken wrote:
This is some thing you do quite often. You do not accept some thing because you have
already accepted some thing as being the truth so you are NOT open to any thing else
I cannot be open to something if I already accept something else that is incompatible with it.

Exactly, and that is what I have been more or less been saying all along. That is if you believe (in) some thing, then you are NOT open.

One cannot just accept anything.
And I suggest one not do that. I have NEVER suggest nor even alluded to doing that. In fact I suggest to remain open, which is more or less the exact opposite of accepting, as in believing (in), any thing.
surreptitious57 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:18 amOpenness is relative not absolute. You want me to accept something you say it must either be empirically true or logically true.
I have NEVER wanted you to accept any thing at all.

I have only ever suggested that it is better for you to remain open, always.
surreptitious57 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:18 amAnd so anything you say
that I do not accept is neither of these. Such as for example your claim that there is no mind
I absolutely have NO idea what you actually see when you read the words that I write. I have NEVER, and I repeat NEVER, claimed that there is no Mind. Honestly this is becoming more and more ridiculous.

You are absolutely free to choose to believe (in) any thing and/or to accept any thing or not. I just suggest becoming open and trying to remain open just so that you can find out and see what happens to and for yourself. What have you got to loose trying this?
surreptitious57

ken wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
ken wrote:
Even if you had established that the Mind exists which by the way is exactly what I have being saying anyway that was NOT the point I was
making. I said that there is no such thing as any ones mind
I understand exactly what you have been saying about mind
I do not agree with you but that is an entirely separate issue
ken

Post by ken »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:32 am
ken wrote:
I do NOT get frustrated at human beings not accepting things in of itself. I feel frustrated at what I expressed previously
That is what I am saying is instantly dismissed BEFORE I have even had a chance to explain it yet. There is a big difference
You cannot control how others react to your words but unless you actually want to feel frustrated why do you let it happen
Please try to learn and understand this this time. I do NOT want to feel frustrated. If I was to take a guess I would say no one wants to feel frustrated. BUT, and listen carefully now, feelings ARISE. For example I have explained to you on enough occasions now that I am NOT here to control how others react. You should be fully aware of this by now, but when I read you AGAIN say things like, "You cannot control how others react to your words ..." I notice the emotion of frustration arise in this body. This internal feeling arises when I see you instantly dismiss what I say about what I know and/or feel. This frustration feeling arises stronger each time when you dismiss me as a person. When I tell you how i feel and what i think and it is obvious by what you write that you have not taken any notice of this, purposely reject it to cause a reaction in me, and/or instantly dismiss what i say about me as being not true, then I notice a sense of frustration arise, which for your information lasts about a second or two.
surreptitious57 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:32 amDo you not think that being as clear and precise as possible is more important than whether or not any one agrees with you
Can you explain WHY you are STUCK on the idea that I want any one to agree with Me? I KNOW why you are stuck, but do you know?

I have NEVER wanted any one to agree with Me. And, have you NOT been reading what I have been writing. I have been writing that I am here to learn how to express better, and if you need that spelt out for you, then that obviously means learning how to express as clear and precise as possible. Tell Me if you are able to understand this. Or, are you still confused and/or going to misinterpret this how you want to see and interpret it?
ken

Post by ken »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:48 am
ken wrote:
I unlike you do not just not accept things because I believe or accept the opposite is true. If and when you show some signs
of being somewhat open then I will provide clarifying answers. But I am not sure why this should all be about you personally
I do not do belief as I have already said.
WHY did you write this?

What, in My quote, lead you to write what you just did here?

I really am having trouble understanding what you are seeing and where you are coming from.

I NEVER said you believed any thing nor that you do belief. Read what I wrote again and see if you can understand what I wrote EXACTLY how I wrote it. Do I really NEED to explain absolutely every little thing for you? Can you see the word 'or' in there? Does that change the way you now see and interpret how I write?

surreptitious57 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:48 amOne reason why you should provide clarifying answers is because others might be reading your posts
and may want you to be as clear and precise as possible.
Obviously. But just as obvious is I do NOT know WHAT EXACTLY is the clarifying question that you or any other person wants answered?
surreptitious57 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:48 am But you should be doing that any way do you not think. And this is not all about me
WHY should I be providing clarifying answers when you do not provide clarifying answers?
surreptitious57

ken wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
And so anything you say that I do not accept is neither of these. Such as for example your claim that there is no mind
I absolutely have NO idea what you actually see when you read the words that I write. I have NEVER
I repeat NEVER claimed that there is no Mind. Honestly this is becoming more and more ridiculous
You have very clearly stated and on multiple occasions that there is no such thing as anyones mind
Read the post two below this one in which you said I said there is no such thing as any ones mind
ken

Post by ken »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:07 am
ken wrote:
As I have explained previously to provide clarifying answers and explain things much easier knowing what is sought for clarification and explanation makes this process much easier. Otherwise I have to guess what each and every reader is thinking and guess where they are coming from. What you would want Me to provide clarifying answers to exactly I would have to assume
You do not have to guess or assume what anyone is thinking you just have to be as clear and
precise as you can be. And if anyone then wants to ask you any clarifying questions they will
Do you really think I am not trying to be as clear and precise as I can be?

You really do say the strangest and the most obvious things some times. You want Me to provide clarifying answers, but you do not like that I ask or provoke others to ask Me clarifying and/or challenging questions back. Also, to what exactly do you want Me to provide clarifying answers to, no one really knows. How could any one really know what clarifying answers to provide if human beings are not asking for clarification with clarifying questions?

No one has a Mind.
There is only one Mind, of which It knows ALL things and is able to solve ALL problems as well as answer ALL questions very simply, quickly, and easily.
The Mind is invisible and open always.
The Mind can see ALL things.
The Mind can be and is known by some other names such as Spirit, Allah, God, Enlightenment, just to name a few.
The 'I' in the question Who am 'I'? IS the Mind.
Therefore, I am the Spirit, Allah, God, and Enlightenment.

Now, obviously people are going to accept this, or not accept this, or ask clarifying questions, which one is it for you?