If Women Ruled The World

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bobevenson

Re: If Women Ruled The World

Post by bobevenson »

Arising_uk wrote:No it's easy bob as unlike you I have no illusions about my country. Whereas I doubt you know anything about yours in person.
Well, I do know that my country doesn't sponsor a fucking church!
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

We sponsor our church in the same way we sponsor any charity. Our religious have pretty much zero say in our politics.

Whereas your churches sponsor politicians on the sly and have a great influence in your politics and if Trump has his way they'll soon be able to fund them directly.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Please, don't talk like the stupid limey you are. Not a single American tax dollar supports any church, and you can't say that about your despotic country!
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

bobevenson wrote:Please, don't talk like the stupid limey you are. Not a single American tax dollar supports any church, and you can't say that about your despotic country!
Oh right. They just don't have to pay any taxes, turning them into the corrupt bloated mega-corporations that they are. Is that why you have invented your own religion? You are hoping to do the same? Well you first have to have followers and suckers who are willing to empty their pockets for you. L Ron Hubbard did it, but he was intelligent and (apparently) charismatic (the biggest mystery of all, but you can never account for other people's taste).
Walker

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
bobevenson wrote:If women ruled the world? Jesus Christ, they can't even rule a household. All they do is complain about not getting promoted or paid as much as men. You might as well ask what if up were down?
I never understand that claim. It's made here too. It's illegal to not pay women the same as men for the same job, so how can it be that women don't get paid as much as men? :?
“The 23-cent gender pay gap is simply the difference between the average earnings of all men and women working full-time. It does not account for differences in occupations, positions, education, job tenure, or hours worked per week. When all these relevant factors are taken into consideration, the wage gap narrows to about five cents. And no one knows if the five cents is a result of discrimination or some other subtle, hard-to-measure difference between male and female workers.”
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... y-than-men
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Walker wrote:
bobevenson wrote:If women ruled the world? Jesus Christ, they can't even rule a household. All they do is complain about not getting promoted or paid as much as men. You might as well ask what if up were down?
I never understand that claim. It's made here too. It's illegal to not pay women the same as men for the same job, so how can it be that women don't get paid as much as men? :?
“The 23-cent gender pay gap is simply the difference between the average earnings of all men and women working full-time. It does not account for differences in occupations, positions, education, job tenure, or hours worked per week. When all these relevant factors are taken into consideration, the wage gap narrows to about five cents. And no one knows if the five cents is a result of discrimination or some other subtle, hard-to-measure difference between male and female workers.”
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... y-than-men
I knew that. It shows how statistics can be skewed by those with an agenda. Plumbers often make a lot of money. Never seen a female plumber. Builders do too. Never seen a female builder. And yes, I know they exist, especially on American renovation TV shows (but only if they are blonde and attractive).
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

bobevenson wrote:Please, don't talk like the stupid limey you are. Not a single American tax dollar supports any church, and you can't say that about your despotic country!
Is that why you have invented your own religion?
The Church of Ouzo is not a religion, which shows how stupid you foreigners are.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

bobevenson wrote:
Is that why you have invented your own religion?
The Church of Ouzo is not a religion, which shows how perceptively impaired you are.
Walker

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat May 06, 2017 9:15 pm I knew that. It shows how statistics can be skewed by those with an agenda. Plumbers often make a lot of money. Never seen a female plumber. Builders do too. Never seen a female builder. And yes, I know they exist, especially on American renovation TV shows (but only if they are blonde and attractive).
Speaking of absolutely beautiful:

This is a money trail to watch in the future.
This much seed money planted properly would change the world.

Ivanka Trump’s women entrepreneurs fund takes $100 million from Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politic ... -1.3183690

I wonder if she was inspired by Muhammad Yunus.
Greta

Post by Greta »

bobevenson wrote: Mon May 08, 2017 8:03 pm
bobevenson wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Is that why you have invented your own religion?
The Church of Ouzo is not a religion, which shows how perceptively impaired you are.
Why would you name a non-religion as "The Church of"?

Why rouse on people because they assume that your Church of S̶a̶m̶b̶u̶c̶a̶ Ouzo is a religion like everything else named "The Church of" ?
osgart

Post by osgart »

I thought ouzuo was a form of pasta.
Walker

Post by Walker »

osgart wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 2:36 am I thought ouzuo was a form of pasta.
It’s a strange beverage. The first drink makes you wonder what exactly that was. So you take another. If you take three, you begin to learn more about yourself and the drink, and perhaps what inspires it, so be prepared. It may have been given to Sparta by one of those gods. It’s a religion for the young, although I can’t say if it’s for older folks, or exactly what the tenets are.

My knowledge is limited on the topic and defers to any clarifications by founding members, of course. Religion may even be a rumour.
osgart

Post by osgart »

I knew it was a Greek beverage. I got enough religion to contend with, I don't need an ouzuo religion :mrgreen:
Walker

Post by Walker »

osgart wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 4:49 am I knew it was a Greek beverage. I got enough religion to contend with, I don't need an ouzuo religion :mrgreen:
Which is the contentious one?
Above us only sky

Post by Above us only sky »

I have visited Tibet several times, those nineteen century descriptions of the Tibetan society is indeed funny especially considering how patriarchal Tibet actually is in the year 2017.

If we want to know what a society more or less rulled by women would look like, I suggest China in the year 1966 in the heat of the Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution could be the first place to start with. In 1966, China was literally rulled by one women, Jiang qing, who is Mao zedong's wife while Mao himself remained as merely a figurehead. In China during that period, women don't use lipsticks nor do they wear ear rings and stockings; and it was very common to see in a household in which women earns more than their husbands; In colleges and universities there were always more female students than male students.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/SJEdfPCYLzdY4q212

Here is a photo took in 1966 showing you what I'm talking about: In a train full of people, a 6 year old girl is preaching the Marxist-Leninist ‘Women hold up half the sky’ truism to those people, in her right hand holds the red book.