another pointless thread...existential grousing

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: another pointless thread...existential grousing

Post by Walker »

Only the arrogant feel pity.

Arrogance and compassion are incompatible.

Compassion is to push a child beyond their known limitations,
because for a child those are often self-imposed or implanted.
Last edited by Walker on Thu May 18, 2017 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

thedoc wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 5:51 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 3:20 am Especially not when I actually do know what bullying is.
Then I will assume that you do not consider your attacks on Americans as bullying.
She's never 'attacked' America, she's only ever put it down! And a lot of it was deserved. Her only problem has been to group everyone in the same mix, and that's just not true. I mean like everyone in her country feels the same way she does? Riiiiight!
Walker

Post by Walker »

SpheresOfBalance wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 2:30 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 3:20 am Especially not when I actually do know what bullying is.
Then I will assume that you do not consider your attacks on Americans as bullying.
So called bullying, of a verbal nature, is only ever bullying, when there is a threat of physical violence. Otherwise it's just heated debate!
I disagree.

Psychological bullying can be profoundly damaging. It warps perception of reality.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Veg fixates on U.S. error, mistake, and sin (of which there are many) and never acknowledges U.S. victory, success, or virtue (of which there are several).

This doesn't make Veg a bully, just blinkered.
SpheresOfBalance

Re:

henry quirk wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 2:37 pm "I feel pity for the bully."

You're a better man than me cuz I don't.

I got no sympathy for the kids who came after me (when I was a kid) and I got no sympathy for the three givin' mine grief now.

I can only hope mine gets the same chance I had to even the score.

Till then, he and me will muddle through.
I pity bullies too! Because in all cases they are troubled, they've just fallen victim to "absolute power corrupts absolutely." A very human flaw. I'm sure we've all done things, because we could, not because we should. If so, then we've all fallen victim to it. Especially when we are young, on the road of learning. Bullies have, in many cases, allowed the determinism if their immediate environment to spill over into their extended environment. A psychologist once said that, 'it's not true that all abused children, become child abusers, but it is true that all child abusers were abused children.' Some are able to break the cycle, and some are not! It all depends on the nature, intensity, frequency, and order of experiences, of the abuse, which lends to either result becoming the case.

Don't get me wrong! I still side with the abused, the underdog, the relatively innocent. Which has nothing to do with my pity for the abuser! As they have both been abused!
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Then, you too, SoB, are a better man than me.
SpheresOfBalance

Walker wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 2:46 pm

So called bullying, of a verbal nature, is only ever bullying, when there is a threat of physical violence. Otherwise it's just heated debate!
I disagree.

Psychological bullying can be profoundly damaging. It warps perception of reality.
Only so because of the threat of violence. If no threat of violence, then one can easily stand their own ground. But I'm speaking of all things being equal here except physical prowess. Surely if one caught up in such a scenario is mentally challenged you are correct! But only in that case! As in almost all cases of bullying, the bully believes he can beat the bullied in a physical fight! Which is why they verbally bully in the first place. Don't believe me? With no weapons, walk up to a iron pumper twice your size at a Golds Gym and psychologically abuse him until he looses his temper. Yeah, I thought not! Bullies only have power due to their threat of physical violence!

Edit: left out a word
Last edited by SpheresOfBalance on Thu May 18, 2017 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpheresOfBalance

Re:

henry quirk wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 3:14 pm Then, you too, SoB, are a better man than me.
No I'm not, and no I'm not just saying that to be contrary. I don't like to be given any praise, I don't deserve it. It makes me uncomfortable. I'm flawed just like the next human. The area in which it's true, makes no difference. Smack me around, I'm used to it! Verbally of course! ;-)

I'm only ever better than anyone when they're taking from me, I'm never better than anyone when they're giving to me! ;-)

But thanks just the same! ;-)
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 12:17 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 12:13 pm
Philosophy Explorer wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 12:08 pm

The second one. By ransomware from N. Korea.

PhilX
Pathetic. Why are you and doc so blind to your own country? You are like indulgent parents who can't see what an obnoxious brat your child it.
"... child it" or is it child is? Actually you're the one with a problem with your blind rage against the US and I shook doc's hand for putting you in that state.

PhilX
You two are as stupid as each other. It's the other way around. You are both such Nationalistic morons that any criticism of your vile country sends you into a stroke-inducing apoplectic fit. Neither of you has anything intelligent to say about anything. EVER. I would be deeply ashamed if my country did the things yours does. It's not as if I'm exactly a fan of my own country's military either. They are all a bunch of automatonic cunts. But at least we mind our own business in general, only paying token lipservice to the bully US for the sake of trade (pathetic I know).
vegetariantaxidermy

Re:

henry quirk wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 2:50 pm Veg fixates on U.S. error, mistake, and sin (of which there are many) and never acknowledges U.S. victory, success, or virtue (of which there are several).

This doesn't make Veg a bully, just blinkered.
Not quite true. Unfortunately the prior far outweigh the latter in recent times. And someone who is naturally anti-war is hardly going to be gushing over supposed 'victories'. I have to think hard for a 'virtue'. NASA? If the US put all of its military budget into that, we would probably be able to travel at warp 10 by now. Even then it would only be looking for planets to pillage for their resources. It's hard to be 'virtuous' when your only interest is yourself. Isn't it odd that it's so much easier for a huge and powerful country like the US to be 'sinful' than 'virtuous'? Perhaps it's 'absolutely power corrupts absolutely' at work.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Fri May 19, 2017 5:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.
vegetariantaxidermy

Walker wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 2:46 pm

I disagree.

Are you suggesting I'm 'psychologically bullying' poor helpless Doc and 'profoundly damaging' him? Actually what he does far more closely resembles bullying than anything I say. If you were not so biased you would see that.
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 8:04 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 12:13 pm

Pathetic. Why are you and doc so blind to your own country? You are like indulgent parents who can't see what an obnoxious brat your child it.
"... child it" or is it child is? Actually you're the one with a problem with your blind rage against the US and I shook doc's hand for putting you in that state.

PhilX
You two are as stupid as each other. It's the other way around. You are both such Nationalistic morons that any criticism of your vile country sends you into a stroke-inducing apoplectic fit. Neither of you has anything intelligent to say about anything. EVER. I would be deeply ashamed if my country did the things yours does. It's not as if I'm exactly a fan of my own country's military either. They are all a bunch of automatonic cunts. But at least we mind our own business in general, only paying token lipservice to the bully US for the sake of trade (pathetic I know).
You don't have a country to speak of (quite literally) as you're ashamed of it.

Now name calling won't get you anywhere as that doesn't win arguments. Let's see, misspelled automatic. Your country sends over bullies such as you to tonguelash others on this site. Supports despotic regimes and ISIS. And outright makes up baldface lies without shame.

I would take my country over your hidden country anytime if you're their best representative.

PhilX
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 8:19 pm
Are you suggesting I'm 'psychologically bullying' poor helpless Doc and 'profoundly damaging' him? Actually what he does far more closely resembles bullying than anything I say. If you were not so biased you would see that.
"A man is known by the company he keeps. If you want to know what kind of person thedoc is, look at his friends."
vegetariantaxidermy

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 8:27 pm

PhilX

Now name calling won't get you anywhere as that doesn't win arguments. Let's see, misspelled automatic. Your country sends over bullies such as you to tonguelash others on this site. Supports despotic regimes and ISIS. And outright makes up baldface lies without shame.

I would take my country over your hidden country anytime if you're their best representative.

PhilX
I didn't use the word 'automatic' anywhere in my comment. And it's 'misspelt' by the way. Tongue lash is two words.'Baldface' is 'baldfaced'. Find a post where I have ever supported ISIS or any 'despotic regimes'.
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 8:45 pm
Philosophy Explorer wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 8:27 pm

PhilX
I didn't use the word 'automatic' anywhere in my comment. And it's 'misspelt' by the way. Tongue lash is two words.'Baldface' is 'baldfaced'. Find a post where I have ever supported ISIS or any 'despotic regimes'.
Then what word is this: "automatonic"? Misspelled is perfectly fine. Baldface is perfectly fine. Find a post where you ever supported the US.

PhilX