Immanuel Can knows God..he really does, and so can you.

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Immanuel Can knows God..he really does, and so can you.

Post by Dontaskme »

The Bible writers knew God too.

God the invisible one revealed himself through the man- i -festation of Jesus Christ.

There is only LOVE everything else is an illusion.

Now lets see what Jeff Foster ..A Nonduality teacher has to say about the concept GOD

''Since every wave in the ocean is ‘made of’ the ocean itself, since it has the same ‘substance’ as the ocean, pushing away a wave of yourself – a thought, a sensation, a feeling, a sound – numbing yourself to it, rejecting it, denying it, trying to escape it – is equivalent to pushing away the entire essence of the ocean. Pushing away a moment of sadness, or pain, or doubt, or fear, or joy, or delight, is the same as pushing away all of life. Even the smallest wave, in essence, is as vast as the ocean – there are no insignificant thoughts or feelings, no ‘ordinary’ experiences, no moments unworthy of kind attention. All is consciousness – or if you prefer, all is God – beyond all our limited and outdated ideas of what those words mean. Even the smallest wave is sacred, here in the vast open space that you are. As Jesus said, “Whatever you do unto the least of these, you do unto Me”, and perhaps he was talking about You.''

I hope Immanuel Can continues to describe God in his own words the only tool he has available.
Immanuel Can

Re: Immanuel Can knows God..he really does, and so can you.

Post by Immanuel Can »

I think I'd rather just take your pseudonym at face value, and "not ask you." For you write,
All is consciousness – or if you prefer, all is God
Pantheism. Boring. :roll:

Worse, it's amoral. If "all is god," then evil is too. There are no actual goods and evils, not even contingent or merely taste-based ones. As Hume so wisely pointed out, all of these are just "is"s.

"Suck it up, Buttercup," would be the only conclusion.

Yet you then write,
As Jesus said, “Whatever you do unto the least of these, you do unto Me”
So taken literally, you can only mean, "A person who was not uniquely God told us to do something that wasn't actually right."

My question then would be, "So what?" And I'll bet that's everyone else's question too. If you believe "all is God," you're in no position to recommend anything to anyone. Whatever is, is "good." Or check that: there's no "good" either. :shock: You just don't stay consistent there.

But as I said before, what's the point of "asking you"? :shock:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote:

So taken literally, you can only mean, "A person who was not uniquely God told us to do something that wasn't actually right."
Well not exactly how you've interpreted the meaning...I would say that Jesus was talking about himself as the SELF aka Consciousness. And that to attain ''Christ Consciousness'' is to know thy true Self..which is everything is SELF....and so to harm another is counter productive because to do evil is only harming yourself....and surely, that cannot feel very nice to know you have caused harm,pain and suffering to some other thing? ....in the sense that you wouldn't dream of doing that to yourself?

Further, doesn't having a human nature consist of the desire to be happy, loved, and to feel safe and secure, to be content?...just because that's what it can feel like to be a human.....we certainly don't like being depressed or miserable or lonely and sad or neglected, rather we seek harmony and happiness... surely that's not impossible to achieve is it? ... and isn't it amazing that we are even here at all ..effortlessly living a fully functional life. Wow, I mean how cool is that? What is this amazing experience of being alive....Did I make myself from scratch? ..who or what did that then I wonder? ...I'm in total awe at the one who has accomplished such an amazing job aren't you? I totally trust that one for sure.
Immanuel Can wrote:My question then would be, "So what?" And I'll bet that's everyone else's question too. If you believe "all is God," you're in no position to recommend anything to anyone. Whatever is, is "good." Or check that: there's no "good" either. :shock: You just don't stay consistent there.
Immanuel Can wrote:But as I said before, what's the point of "asking you"? :shock:
Well, it's been my belief that there is nothing that you cannot answer for yourself with a bit of deep digging into the nature of reality, so to ask someone else is to doubt your own intelligence and is rather lazy ...I believe we are each given the capacity to work this out for ourself and yes it's okay to share notes with each other to see if we come up with similar or same findings...the gift of ''thinking'' is unique to humans lets be grateful at least... I also believe that there are answers to the most difficult questions if we really really want them enough..
Jesus said...''Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.''Jesus being God's spokeman so to speak.

And yes, This character Dontaskme, is very inconsistent as you so rightly say, but I don't think I ever declared anywhere on this forum that I know it all..I'm still under construction when it comes to figuring out what it's all about philosophically speaking...so just why was the human endowed with a rational and moral thinking mind? .. I'm still trying to get to the bottom of why specifically us and not any other sentient creature..was there a purpose or plan in there somewhere? ..always wondering and trying to fathom it all out, always under construction, even if it means I chuck one theory out for another, or keep changing my mind about what I want to believe.

Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Your views and mine are quite at variance. I'm happy for you to keep my name -- as I'm quite certain He is with regard to His Name -- out of your various fabrications. They are no part of my thoughts on the matter, and I have no affinity with your agenda.

That having now been clearly said, I will not "ask you" further.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote:Your views and mine are quite at variance. I'm happy for you to keep my name -- as I'm quite certain He is with regard to His Name -- out of your various fabrications. They are no part of my thoughts on the matter, and I have no affinity with your agenda.

That having now been clearly said, I will not "ask you" further.
Well thanks for revealing your true heart on the matter.

Weird because I actually think you are having a relationship with God, I sense you have found God and that you believe in Jesus Christ and follow his teachings as being the gospel truth. And all I can say about that is well done for finding God, it's not something you see everyday. I mostly see humans lost and struggling with their purpose for living.

Don't be scared about what others think about you for your beliefs...it's okay to not fear what people think. Your home in the arms of the beloved, what else is there to worry about? ..nothing, you're safe and well.

But if you don't want to talk about your relationship with God ..then what can I do about that?..so be it.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Bye the way...human language is nought but story about my SELF

It's His Story...told as and through the flesh aka Jesus.

And we all believe the stories about ourself.

That's why it's the greatest story ever told.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

The only authentic words of Christ are in the book of Revelation.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

I can't imagine a more persuavive argument for atheism than you three together in one place. Although, funnily enough, it does give one an insight into what hell might be like.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote: Further, doesn't having a human nature consist of the desire to be happy, loved, and to feel safe and secure, to be content?...just because that's what it can feel like to be a human.....we certainly don't like being depressed or miserable or lonely and sad or neglected, rather we seek harmony and happiness... surely that's not impossible to achieve is it? ... and isn't it amazing that we are even here at all ..effortlessly living a fully functional life. Wow, I mean how cool is that? What is this amazing experience of being alive....Did I make myself from scratch? ..who or what did that then I wonder? ...I'm in total awe at the one who has accomplished such an amazing job aren't you? I totally trust that one for sure.
… we certainly don't like being depressed or miserable or lonely and sad or neglected, rather we seek harmony and happiness... .
- The evidence of suffering in the world certainly does not support this premise, not by a long shot. People even gather to share stories of woe to bolster Sad Sack identity.

- In fact, if people don’t have real problems then they’ll invent some, e.g., global warming.

- For instance, folks have been known to wallow in imaginary martyrdom, likely using Jesus the Martyr as a model while downplaying the significance of divinity in that equation if that is the belief. In simple functional terms without any religious belief, pleasure from self-inflicted martyrdom is an egocentric twisting of the simple bodhisattva action of giving good for bad, for suffering is not pleasurable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martyr_complex
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote:I can't imagine a more persuavive argument for atheism than you three together in one place. Although, funnily enough, it does give one an insight into what hell might be like.

Harbal, did you actually earn that black mortar board hat yourself or did you just find it in the trash can?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote:
Dontaskme wrote: Further, doesn't having a human nature consist of the desire to be happy, loved, and to feel safe and secure, to be content?...just because that's what it can feel like to be a human.....we certainly don't like being depressed or miserable or lonely and sad or neglected, rather we seek harmony and happiness... surely that's not impossible to achieve is it? ... and isn't it amazing that we are even here at all ..effortlessly living a fully functional life. Wow, I mean how cool is that? What is this amazing experience of being alive....Did I make myself from scratch? ..who or what did that then I wonder? ...I'm in total awe at the one who has accomplished such an amazing job aren't you? I totally trust that one for sure.
… we certainly don't like being depressed or miserable or lonely and sad or neglected, rather we seek harmony and happiness... .
- The evidence of suffering in the world certainly does not support this premise, not by a long shot. People even gather to share stories of woe to bolster Sad Sack identity.

- In fact, if people don’t have real problems then they’ll invent some, e.g., global warming.

- For instance, folks have been known to wallow in imaginary martyrdom, likely using Jesus the Martyr as a model while downplaying the significance of divinity in that equation if that is the belief. In simple functional terms without any religious belief, pleasure from self-inflicted martyrdom is an egocentric twisting of the simple bodhisattva action of giving good for bad, for suffering is not pleasurable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martyr_complex
Yeah I kind of agree with you here. Misery loves company. The things is, we have the free will to be both dark and light characters of our choosing, so the desire for pleasure is kind of counter productive in that it brings on pain when the pleasure becomes an addiction.

That's why the middle way of the buddha sitting under the bodhi tree is worth all it's weight in gold, for all that appeared to the buddha's mind came and left leaving him wholly intact, nothing ever happened to him, and in that realisation his true nature was revealed, all in that simple act of mindfull sitting still and watching the mind fill and empty...LOL ...he realised himself as the vessel that stayed. A true rock. :P
Walker

Post by Walker »

Yeah, old Buddha.
He was asked by what authority he knew.
His non-conceptual answer was simply to touch the earth.
What more could be said?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote:Yeah, old Buddha.
He was asked by what authority he knew.
His non-conceptual answer was simply to touch the earth.
What more could be said?
Show me a man who has finished with words so that I may have a word with him... :wink: :lol:
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote:Yeah I kind of agree with you here. Misery loves company. The things is, we have the free will to be both dark and light characters of our choosing, so the desire for pleasure is kind of counter productive in that it brings on pain when the pleasure becomes an addiction.
The receiving of non-pleasure in place of the imagined anticipated does not negate the worth of pleasure.

In support of your view, pleasure is more subtraction than addition. Pleasure is simple. Uncomplicated.

Viewed in this way … each compounded entity is incomparable, thus each is perfect within the limitations of form rather than within limitations of imagination. Potential will stunt, innocence will be lost, delusion takes form as attachment to desire and ignorance, the temporal feels free to mingle with permanence. This is the nature of living, it’s only a matter of degree. To see eternal changeless to be the eternal changing without capacity to influence the final outcome, is to be in it but not of it; to see as such is self-arising, perpetual and choiceless mindfulness often made mute, though not oft enough for Harbal.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote:
Dontaskme wrote:Yeah I kind of agree with you here. Misery loves company. The things is, we have the free will to be both dark and light characters of our choosing, so the desire for pleasure is kind of counter productive in that it brings on pain when the pleasure becomes an addiction.
The receiving of non-pleasure in place of the imagined anticipated does not negate the worth of pleasure.

In support of your view, pleasure is more subtraction than addition. Pleasure is simple. Uncomplicated.

Viewed in this way … each compounded entity is incomparable, thus each is perfect within the limitations of form rather than within limitations of imagination. Potential will stunt, innocence will be lost, delusion takes form as attachment to desire and ignorance, the temporal feels free to mingle with permanence. This is the nature of living, it’s only a matter of degree. To see eternal changeless to be the eternal changing without capacity to influence the final outcome, is to be in it but not of it; to see as such is self-arising, perpetual and choiceless mindfulness often made mute, though not oft enough for Harbal.
I agree with you Walker, our natural state is simple, uncomplicated, fulfilled, and in no need of an external source to complete it.
The problem is when we believe we don't have something and that someone else does, and the only way we can have it is they give it to us...but then we must ask ourself, if they've got it, then where are they getting from?..
No one can ever give to you what you don't already have.

This image reminds me of Harbal. Talk about ignorance is bliss, bliss is a win win really good all round kind of feeling really, there is no contradiction just the same one love dreaming variants where there are none.

Although you can unplug from the matrix anytime you want but you can never unplug from the matrix maker.

Or, it's like that song from the eagles (hotel california) '' you can check out any time you want but you can never leave'' . :lol: