Music

What is art? What is beauty?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Pluto

Re: Music

Post by Pluto »

That is good - are you the figure at the window looking in on the life you cannot, though would like to, lead?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Pluto wrote:That is good - are you the figure at the window looking in on the life you cannot, though would like to, lead?
No, I'm the little guy with the painted on moustache.
Pluto

Post by Pluto »

Very nice yes. But you did create the 'montage' no?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Pluto wrote:Very nice yes. But you did create the 'montage' no?
Yes I did.
Pluto

Post by Pluto »

Then you are to be congratulated
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Pluto wrote:Then you are to be congratulated
I would have preferred to have been congratulated for the music but if you're more impressed with the video I'll settle for that.
Pluto

Post by Pluto »

I was thinking that you put the music and two separate films together - that you brought together three elements (not of your own making) to create a fourth - as (rightly) your own. Is this not correct?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Pluto wrote:I was thinking that you put the music and two separate films together - that you brought together three elements (not of your own making) to create a fourth - as (rightly) your own. Is this not correct?
I made the music but the film clips are obviously borrowed. Nobody is interested in the music if it doesn't have some kind of video with it.
Pluto

Post by Pluto »

Right okay, you wrote that you had 'stumbled over the track' and I thought this meant you had simply found it online. The music is interesting and great that you've made it, it meanders here and there without falling into anything to troublesome or sentimental, it plots a course and sticks to it. Would you like to say something about the music you've made and why you chose, how it fits, with the visuals?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Pluto wrote:Right okay, you wrote that you had 'stumbled over the track' and I thought this meant you had simply found it online.
I did stumble over it but only after I'd put it there. Actually I put it that way in order to avoid looking like I was self publicising and also to more easily disassociate myself with it had it received any negative comments. As you've been reasonably positive about it, I've decided to come out of the closet and accept responsibility for it.
Would you like to say something about the music you've made and why you chose, how it fits, with the visuals?

The music just happened, I just fiddle about until I'm satisfied or until I get bored, whichever comes first. The video was the last of several attempts, again, I just keep trying things until it seem's right. It's interesting that you seemed to find some meaning in it, it wasn't intentional on my part, or at least not consciously.
Pluto

Post by Pluto »

As you've been reasonably positive about it, I've decided to come out of the closet and accept responsibility for it.
:)

I think whenever you put sound to visuals or visa versa - meaning unfolds, or the viewer/listener seeks a narrative - or at least what happens, what's the effect, when you put this particular music with this particular visual.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Pluto wrote: I think whenever you put sound to visuals or visa versa - meaning unfolds, or the viewer/listener seeks a narrative - or at least what happens, what's the effect, when you put this particular music with this particular visual.
Yes, I've become rather fascinated with this, lately. I only recently realised I could capture video on my computer and now I can't stop experimenting. It keeps me entertained and it's cheaper than wine and women. :)
Walker

Post by Walker »

NIN - Just Like You Imagined (HighQuality)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P_YISMJ4sQ
Walker

Post by Walker »

O MIO BABBINO CARO
ANNA NETREBKO:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0diDwHtATw
Walker

Post by Walker »

Beautiful voice and big band

Gloria Lynne - Speaking Of Happiness