Hi I'm new too.

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

ForCruxSake

Re: Hi I'm new too.

Post by ForCruxSake »

thedoc wrote:
ForCruxSake wrote: Often the best person for a management job is not the power hungry, money grubbing alpha male/female but the person who can relate to the others in his team and pull them together, to maximum efficacy. Don't know you well enough to suggest you might have been good enough, but you seem alright to me. Respectful of others. Not hitting others over the head with your take on life. You're OK. :)

You should have told him you wanted to be a 'Power Ranger' and got full paid leave for being mentally ill! ;)
Thankyou, I have often said that those who want political office, shouldn't have it, and those who should be in office, don't want it. That seems to be the biggest problem with politics.

The only problem with being labeled "mentally ill" is that they might want to put you in a hospital for safety, your's and everyone else's.
Only if you are a danger to yourself or others. I once tried to get someone who was schizophrenic, sectioned. He was being very strange, harassing me with strange messages, he would drop through my letterbox. He would not accept that he was schizophrenic. He thought others strange for not believing what he was telling them that, to him, was all to real.

I went to see his GP, who told me nothing could be done unless there were indications that he might turn violent towards himself or others. None of the many, absolutely crazy letters I presented him, suggested violence, just crazy talk about what he believed myself and others had done based on what 'the voices' were telling him. He could only be sectioned if he undertook a voluntary section, that he would have to request himself, because he felt he had a problem, which he didn't.

This was years ago, and in the U.K., and maybe things have changed since then, but I can see how wanting to be a Power Ranger might lend itself to violence. Maybe you could have pretended you want to be... I don't know... a wash cloth?!! :D
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

ForCruxSake wrote: This was years ago, and in the U.K., and maybe things have changed since then, but I can see how wanting to be a Power Ranger might lend itself to violence. Maybe you could have pretended you want to be... I don't know... a wash cloth?!! :D
That could be a bit kinky, if you think about someone of the opposite sex using it to take a shower, or the same sex if you're that way.
ForCruxSake

Post by ForCruxSake »

thedoc wrote:
ForCruxSake wrote: This was years ago, and in the U.K., and maybe things have changed since then, but I can see how wanting to be a Power Ranger might lend itself to violence. Maybe you could have pretended you want to be... I don't know... a wash cloth?!! :D
That could be a bit kinky, if you think about someone of the opposite sex using it to take a shower, or the same sex if you're that way.
You'd be perfect in management? You''ve shown yourself to be on top of health (and safety), risk assessment,and social conduct already. Hell, you'd make a better president than Trump! (That's not saying very much, is it? Anyone would make a better POTUS than Trump!)
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

ForCruxSake wrote:
thedoc wrote:
You'd be perfect in management? You''ve shown yourself to be on top of health (and safety), risk assessment,and social conduct already. Hell, you'd make a better president than Trump! (That's not saying very much, is it? Anyone would make a better POTUS than Trump!)
It seems that Business is much like politics, those who should have the job, don't want it, and those who want the job, shouldn't have it.

I have only one correction, Anyone except Hillary. She would be at least as bad, if not worse.
ForCruxSake

Post by ForCruxSake »

thedoc wrote:
ForCruxSake wrote:
thedoc wrote:
It seems that Business is much like politics, those who should have the job, don't want it, and those who want the job, shouldn't have it.

I have only one correction, Anyone except Hillary. She would be at least as bad, if not worse.
One day, in the not too distant future, cloning will be perfected and put into practise. From a few bone marrow cells, gleaned from his tomb, the U.S. will be able to replicate JFK. The new presidential elections will involve asking the public to cast votes for which of their former presidents they would like cloned to become president once more. Washington? Lincoln? JFK? How amazing would that be?

Is it jaded of me to think that they might well disappoint, as the times we live in and the circumstances they present, corrupt all but those with a strong will for compassion?
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

ForCruxSake wrote:
thedoc wrote:
ForCruxSake wrote: You'd be perfect in management? You''ve shown yourself to be on top of health (and safety), risk assessment,and social conduct already. Hell, you'd make a better president than Trump! (That's not saying very much, is it? Anyone would make a better POTUS than Trump!)

One day, in the not too distant future, cloning will be perfected and put into practise. From a few bone marrow cells, gleaned from his tomb, the U.S. will be able to replicate JFK. The new presidential elections will involve asking the public to cast votes for which of their former presidents they would like cloned to become president once more. Washington? Lincoln? JFK? How amazing would that be?
Totally crap. Your'd have a baby JFK. He'd be nothing like the real thing since you could never duplicate his up bringing. and when push comes to shove, ever if you could, the real JFK was a Irish mafia crook with a good TV personality but not a great president.
His best claim to fame was being shot whilst young.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

ForCruxSake wrote:
thedoc wrote:
ForCruxSake wrote: You'd be perfect in management? You''ve shown yourself to be on top of health (and safety), risk assessment,and social conduct already. Hell, you'd make a better president than Trump! (That's not saying very much, is it? Anyone would make a better POTUS than Trump!)

Is it jaded of me to think that they might well disappoint, as the times we live in and the circumstances they present, corrupt all but those with a strong will for compassion?
It has been said that the victor writes the history, I wonder how much better any of those past presidents would be compared to the ones we have now. Is it possible that we have the correct person for the job that needs to be done? I'm certainly not going to criticize Trump now, give him a chance to do something before people render an opinion on how good a president he is.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

ForCruxSake wrote: One day, in the not too distant future, cloning will be perfected and put into practise. From a few bone marrow cells, gleaned from his tomb, the U.S. will be able to replicate JFK. The new presidential elections will involve asking the public to cast votes for which of their former presidents they would like cloned to become president once more. Washington? Lincoln? JFK? How amazing would that be?
Not as amazing as the ridiculousness of your post.
ForCruxSake

Post by ForCruxSake »

thedoc wrote:It has been said that the victor writes the history, I wonder how much better any of those past presidents would be compared to the ones we have now. Is it possible that we have the correct person for the job that needs to be done? I'm certainly not going to criticize Trump now, give him a chance to do something before people render an opinion on how good a president he is.
I said the same thing about Obama.

Liberals, African-Americans... hell, left wingers and black people all around the world... were rejoicing at the thought of the U.S. electing it's first black president. I said to my left wing friends, some of whom were black, "You all need to quiet down a bit and wait for him to prove himself. You're all going to look very silly cheering him on, over the colour of his skin, if he turns out to be an awful president. Just think of how much damage it will do to race politics". Fortunately, he did a good job and when the time came to praise him, even I did.

I think Trump has done more than enough to show that whatever it takes to make a successful businessman, it doesn't necessarily translate to making a successful politician. He has proved he is not presidential material, has absolutely no idea of the mechanisms involved in running a country, nor how to assemble an experienced team that would facilitate his presidency. Like weak politicians, he's openly broken most of the promises that got him elected. He's a presidential dunce. Short of a miracle, I don't think his victory will rewrite his story to show it as any kind of success. This is me being kind about the man. There is so much more I could say about this man, that so many have already said... that it goes without saying. I think we may have to just agree to disagree where the subject of Trump is concerned.
ForCruxSake

Post by ForCruxSake »

Harbal wrote:
ForCruxSake wrote: One day, in the not too distant future, cloning will be perfected and put into practise. From a few bone marrow cells, gleaned from his tomb, the U.S. will be able to replicate JFK. The new presidential elections will involve asking the public to cast votes for which of their former presidents they would like cloned to become president once more. Washington? Lincoln? JFK? How amazing would that be?
Not as amazing as the ridiculousness of your post.
That's your come back (-not that my post was in any way a response to anything interesting you could have written)? Fatuous nonsense. Go find a toilet wall to scrawl on, little boy. I think the grown ups actually want to talk.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

ForCruxSake wrote: There is so much more I could say about this man, that so many have already said... that it goes without saying.
In which case you've done the right thing by not saying it. Well done.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

ForCruxSake wrote:I think the grown ups actually want to talk.
About microwave timers, no doubt.
ForCruxSake

Post by ForCruxSake »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
ForCruxSake wrote:
thedoc wrote:

Totally crap. Your'd have a baby JFK. He'd be nothing like the real thing since you could never duplicate his up bringing. and when push comes to shove, ever if you could, the real JFK was a Irish mafia crook with a good TV personality but not a great president.
I didn't actually flesh out the story to make a point about cloning. You've done that. I was using cloning to make a completely different point about replacing current presidential candidates with more successful presidents from the past, and let's face it JFK was more successful than Trump currently has the potential to be. You've conveniently cut what I wrote next, where I expressed my own jadedness about the prospect of wheeling out old presidents.

You then go out on your own rant about JFK, as if I was holding him up as a paragon of virtue. I wasn't. I was holding him up as a popular public choice for president, as he continues to poll with the American people as one of the "all-time greatest American presidents".

It was never my intention to praise JFK. Having said which...

It's true his thousand days in office didn't yield many historic achievements, but his domestic agenda as president included initiatives on Medicare and civil rights, that opened up social care and equality for the American people, in a way few presidents had done since Lincoln. JFK died, so these initiatives only came to full fruition under the Johnson administration. His foreign policy expressly wanted less U.S. involvement outside its own territories, as with Vietnam, which is admirable, and he was humble enough to own up his failure when it came to the Bay of Pigs invasion. His handling over the Cuban Missile Crisis and negotiation of the Limited Nuclear Test Ban Treaty puts the antics of Trump to shame.

He proved himself to be a president with a social conscience, willing to do the right thing, and it's probably why he was assassinated. It was his father who had links to the unions, run by mafia, which he inherited by association, and as any good leader knows, you keep your friends close and your enemies close enough to survey their activity, until you need to strike. He wasn't a war monger like Johnson, nor a crook like Nixon. He was a lady's man like Clinton. If that's the worst that could be said of him, I'm good with that.

He was a man full of promise, who may have gone on to disappoint, but he didn't because his time was cut short, so the point is moot.
Last edited by ForCruxSake on Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
ForCruxSake

Post by ForCruxSake »

Harbal wrote:
ForCruxSake wrote:I think the grown ups actually want to talk.
About microwave timers, no doubt.
I think the thread as started trumps the "American fat burgers" you threw into the mix.

If you have no interest in a thread, Harbal, then stay out. Coming in to make fun of it, like an adolescent school boy, makes you look stupider than the people you are trying to make fun of. Stick to the toilet walls. You'll meet like minded people that way.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

ForCruxSake wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
I didn't actually flesh out the story to make a point about cloning. You've done that. I was using cloning to make a completely different point about replacing current presidential candidates with more successful presidents from the past, and let's face it JFK was more successful than Trump currently has the potential to be..
Cloning is not relevant. Your scenario is impossible.