Hi from a.....

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Tamsuan

Hi from a.....

Post by Tamsuan »

Canadian male, retired, living in Northeast Thailand where my wife and I are trying, as best we can, to actually live our philosophy.
We keep busy turning a parcel of old farmland into a "forest garden", so one of my main interests is how ethical choices can be shaped by better understanding of ecology.
Enough for now, looking forward to some interesting conversations here.
RickLewis

Re: Hi from a.....

Post by RickLewis »

Tamsuan wrote:Canadian male, retired, living in Northeast Thailand where my wife and I are trying, as best we can, to actually live our philosophy.
We keep busy turning a parcel of old farmland into a "forest garden", so one of my main interests is how ethical choices can be shaped by better understanding of ecology.
Welcome to the forum!
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Tamsuan wrote:Canadian male, retired, living in Northeast Thailand where my wife and I are trying, as best we can, to actually live our philosophy.
We keep busy turning a parcel of old farmland into a "forest garden",prerequisite so one of my main interests is how ethical choices can be shaped by better understanding of ecology.
Welcome to the forum. Years ago I had some exchanges with Thai Sean, a westerner who lived in Thailand, but I realize it is a large country with a large population.
Tamsuan

Post by Tamsuan »

Thanks Rick and Doc for your welcome. Yes, Thailand has a population of around 67 million I think and there's a huge number of expats living here. Mostly they congregate in the big city and tourist areas of the central and south regions. Up here in the northeast it's more rural, with a reputation for impoverishment and backwardness so I fit right in!
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

I haven't tried to work out the mechanics of how to enforce it, but many years ago I suggested that a lands population should be limited by the amount of food and other resources that can be acquired naturally. Intensive farming methods can support a larger population but just a small failure could be a disaster for a lot of people.
Tamsuan

Post by Tamsuan »

@thedoc; we would highly recommend independent family based mixed farming for health and happiness. With free and informed choice people should work out the kind of lifestyle that suits them best. Right now we see people here bombarded with the message that their way of life isn't good enough.

For me it's really sad to see families that already have free-title land, free shelter, abundant high-quality food, etc , turning away from all that and getting hooked into debt just to have the commercial products that they see others getting. Many families end up losing their land, the family broken and scattered in the quest for money. We are trying to demonstrate the value of resisting that trend, staying home, working together to produce everything from the land.

Just want to add; in addition to food trees/plants, we have Banyan, Bo tree, rosewood, ebony and some endangered species growing just for the joy of having them around.