~ What Does Christmas Mean to You? ~

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

~ How Will You Celebrate Christmas? ~

I will philosophically reflect upon my life thus far...
No votes
I will respectfully consider the religious ramifications upon this holiday
No votes
Share the outer gifts of life with family & friends
No votes
Post meaningful threads upon the PhilosophyNow Forum & other forums
No votes
Drink, over eat, take drugs & enjoy the moments in many other ways by myself
No votes

Total votes: 0

Bill Wiltrack

~ What Does Christmas Mean to You? ~

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

What Does Christmas Mean to You?

How will you celebrate this Christmas season?

...oh, and every year we vote upon how we think is the most important and artistic actively posting member here at the PhilosophyNow Forums.

I've won this great honor for the past three or four years in a row and, quite frankly, I LOVE the distinction but I'm embarrassed at the attention.

So this year I ask that if you believe in your whole heart that I am the most important and artistic philosopher here at the forum PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND AT ALL to this thread.

Just click onto this thread and immediately move-on. DON'T RESPOND to the heading of this thread or to this silly popularity contest.

For all of you that silently vote for me - THANK YOU! And Merry Christmas!

If you think yourself or someone else is deserving of this noble honor by all means MENTION THEM in a response in a post on this thread.

I'll occasionally tally-up and recognize the totals.

Arising_uk

Re: ~ What Does Christmas Mean to You? ~

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.

What Does Christmas Mean to You?
Merriment.

How will you celebrate this Christmas season?
By being merry with friends and family.

So this year I ask that if you believe in your whole heart that I am the most important and artistic philosopher here at the forum PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND AT ALL to this thread.
My response.

If you think yourself or someone else is deserving of this noble honor by all means MENTION THEM in a response in a post on this thread.
Given your criteria artisticsolution can have my vote.
SpheresOfBalance

Re: ~ What Does Christmas Mean to You? ~

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

It's a holiday that I grew up celebrating because my family did. It was about gifts, parties, surprise, good food, but not so much was said about its religious significance. Though I knew it was supposed to be Jesus's Birthday. I was fed the Santa Claus story. Today since I'm pretty much an agnostic, I know that it's supposed to be a time when people come together to celebrate family because of the teachings of Jesus. I believe him to be an early philosopher, that had some very good ideas. This much is not offensive to me, and I value what he stood for. So in the interest of mankind standing together, their hate/anger left at the curb, I celebrate. While honestly part of it is to somehow try and recapture my innocence, wonder, surprise and amazement of the goodness in life and warmth between people. And snow makes it all the more cozy inside, staring at the blinking lights and reflections in the glass ornaments. Oh, and I absolutely love the evergreen smell. This year we don't have a tree or lights or visiting family, we can't even celebrate on the proper day, so our Christmas dinner will be eaten this Sunday, the only day we can be together, just the two of us! I do miss the family thing! All the rest too, really! Hopefully we'll both live until next year, because I'm bound to make it a different more happy time of the year, because I'm tired of always being alone.

Merry Christmas people!