~ Post ~

Known unknowns and unknown unknowns!

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Owen

Re: ~ Post ~

Post by Owen »

Arising_uk wrote:Because he's a gnu.
Yes indeed, he fits your description very accurately. He is shamefully stupid!

Gnu(noun) - a budding guru, now-a-days most usually found upon the Interweeb seeking acolytes. Can be identified by their utterance of meaningless or contradictory aphorisms and vague and meaningless nonsense about a hidden 'Truth' or 'Reality' always just out of reach. Common traits, an inability to answer sentences with question marks, acute selective reading ability, massive belief confirmation bias, ad-hominen psycho-babble and a complete inability to walk their talk or even talk their walk. Be wary of such beasts. Preventative vaccination advised, i.e. a study of Philosophy, in particular a dose of critical philosophy and Logic as practiced in Philosophy now-a-days.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Owen wrote: Yes indeed, he fits your description very accurately. He is shamefully stupid!

Indeed, but I think the most annoying thing is that he is constantly posting as if everyone is agreeing and supporting him, when that is obviously not true. Does he think that other readers can't read the posts or does he think there are lurkers that are only reading his posts?

It seems like every forum has one or more members who think their sh*t is gold plated and they are the only ones posting anything meaningful.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

...guess I could safely say that this is applicable DIRECTLY to you -

Well, for starters, not just in you, but in ALL active members here - I would like to see more substance out of you.

I would like to see less back-biting & name-calling.

I know I'm above the fray but I feel sorry for the rest of you who seem to be fighting over crumbs...

Have more pride in your postings. GIVE A SHIT. Care HOW your post look. Put SOME effort into it.

I realize most of you look-up to me
and I don't want to sound too harsh but you asked.

That is what I would suggest.

...carry-on.

...hope you are able to take something away from this post.
It was definitely hard to be so critical of all of you.

I do care...

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Keep it up Bill, I'm just loving you demonstrating your gnuhood.
Dontaskme

Re: ~ Love your gold plated Post' s~

Post by Dontaskme »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:None of us know where we came from...or why we are here.
We didn't come, we are already here. There is nowhere but here. Discard the where. It's right HERE now. There is no where else.

Bill Wiltrack wrote:If we think we understand ANYTHING we can be sure we are wrong.
You are right Bill.

There's nothing to understand. Does a cat or a dog roam around all day trying to understand it's existence?

A thing can be known because it is the thing it knows. But the thing it knows cannot know the knower of the thing it knows because there is only the known here.

''Knowledge is not something mysterious or abstract. Knowledge is just naming things. The knowledge you have of the world creates the objects you are experiencing. The actual existence or non-existence of something out there in the world is not something you can determine or experience for yourself except through the help of knowledge, and this knowledge is not yours. It is something which you and your ancestors have accumulated over a long time. What you call the act of knowing is nothing other than this accumulated memory. You have personally added to and modified that knowledge but essentially it doesn't belong to you at all.There is nothing there inside you but the totality of this knowledge you have accumulated. That is what you are. You cannot even directly experience the reality of the world in which you are functioning. You are that functioning.'' ~ U.G.K